Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LMAO Hawkeye...i suppose you think cannabrownies makes sense like CannaBeer, CannaBeans, CannaSoda, CannaStew etc. In case you didn't know it, these are all things that come in a can, and can ALL be "Cannabis infused". Your link taught me NOTHING i didn't already know Hawkeye:xf.wink: Are you sure you've been doing this since 2006?
Whatever mr know it all. You just love to argue that you know 'everything'. que sera.

Yeah, the 'can of' angle is why they are regged. Nobody can put anything past you. Let us all know when you see/find the first website with Canna 'something' refering to it as a 'can of' that something. Currently though, I can find multiple sites using Canna, and having nothing to do a 'can of'.

Your math is slipping with your old age there. 20 years is 1998, not 2006. But, again, nobody can put anything past you.

•••
LMAO Hawkeye...i suppose you think cannabrownies makes sense like CannaBeer, CannaBeans, CannaSoda, CannaStew etc. In case you didn't know it, these are all things that come in a can, and can ALL be "Cannabis infused". Your link taught me NOTHING i didn't already know Hawkeye:xf.wink: Are you sure you've been doing this since 2006?
My guess is that you’re the minority that sees canna as something in a can. Yes, cannabis beer probably comes in a can but maybe a bottle too.

Canna in front of things like wine, beer, food, and so on, is short for cannabis. I’ve sold tons of canna domains and not one buyer bought with “can” in mind.

•••
My guess is that you’re the minority that sees canna as something in a can. Yes, cannabis beer probably comes in a can but maybe a bottle too.

Canna in front of things like wine, beer, food, and so on, is short for cannabis. I’ve sold tons of canna domains and not one buyer bought with “can” in mind.

Keith...ever hear of "double entendre"? I know that "canna" is short for cannabis just as "juana" could be considered short for marijuana, but could still be seen as "Wanna"? Maybe you've never owned a domain where double entendre applies, but maybe that's why we're all differentO_o CannaBeer and CannaBeans is "catchy" no matter, "catch is catch can" Domaining is all about wordplay where I believe someone owns a LLC called Wordplay Domains. And to add a little levity to this discussion, I'm going to see if CannaWit is available to reg:xf.grin:

Curioius Keith, "D" town, Detroit or Dallas? Double entendre?

•••
Keith...ever hear of "double entendre"? I know that "canna" is short for cannabis just as "juana" could be considered short for marijuana, but could still be seen as "Wanna"? Maybe you've never owned a domain where double entendre applies, but maybe that's why we're all differentO_o CannaBeer and CannaBeans is "catchy" no matter, "catch is catch can" Domaining is all about wordplay where I believe someone owns a LLC called Wordplay Domains. And to add a little levity to this discussion, I'm going to see if CannaWit is available to reg:xf.grin:

Curioius Keith, "D" town, Detroit or Dallas? Double entendre?
Domain town...

I’d challenge you to find a reported canna or Juana sale where the buyer uses the domain to sell canned goods or brands as ‘wanna’. It’ll never happen. Wordplay is real bad as far as domains go. You want stuff that people understand immediately. If they have to second guess what the domain means you’ve just lost a potential customer.

•••
won Marijuana.asia in an auction

Cheers
Corey

•••
Domain town...

I’d challenge you to find a reported canna or Juana sale where the buyer uses the domain to sell canned goods or brands as ‘wanna’. It’ll never happen. Wordplay is real bad as far as domains go. You want stuff that people understand immediately. If they have to second guess what the domain means you’ve just lost a potential customer.

I'm not going to argue with you Keith...you're probably a decent guy, but I just hand reg'd CannaSpam because of it's double entendre application, and because it's real "catchy". Ever hear of spam meat? How about internet spam? And as far as wordplay and domains are concerned...i wasn't born yesterday Keith. I can point you to literally thousands of domains that involve wordplay aka a "play on words".

Thanks for the challenge though Keith...that's mighty sporty of you:xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
I just hand reg'd CannaSpam because of it's double entendre application, and because it's real "catchy". Ever hear of spam meat? How about internet spam?
Of you course you know who'd be the internet company that deals with spam, good or bad, and feels this domain would be 'great' to own, but other than that needle in a haystack, your only other potential customer would be the SPAM company. And as SPAM is tm'd, probably not a good chance they'd want to pay for it. ...just noting..
I can point you to literally thousands of domains that involve wordplay aka a play on words.

Thanks for the challenge though Keith...that's might sporty of you
And thank you for accepting it! We all here look forward to your list of those 'thousands' of domains. Unless that was just blustering, and you can't or won't do so. But, being the man you tell us all here you are, I'm sure you'll do it. Looking forward to seeing it.

(and please, bull.., I didn't take shots or quips at you, I just followed up on what you posted. So no need to insult and disparage me, just let us all know when we will see the results and list of your accepted challenge, so we can get a better understanding of the wide use of 'wordplay' out there. Thanks.)

Last edited:
•••
I'm not going to argue with you Keith...you're probably a decent guy, but I just hand reg'd CannaSpam because of it's double entendre application, and because it's real "catchy". Ever hear of spam meat? How about internet spam? And as far as wordplay and domains are concerned...i wasn't born yesterday Keith. I can point you to literally thousands of domains that involve wordplay aka a "play on words".

Thanks for the challenge though Keith...that's mighty sporty of you:xf.rolleyes:
Maybe you’ve sold 6-7 figures worth of domains, I don’t know. For me it helps to look at what sells, who sold, who bought, and why they bought.

Cannaspam is the type of domain routinely seen at GoDaddy expiring. The idea of spending $8 on a registration like this seems great until you realize it’s never going to sell.

•••
Maybe you’ve sold 6-7 figures worth of domains, I don’t know. For me it helps to look at what sells, who sold, who bought, and why they bought.

Cannaspam is the type of domain routinely seen at GoDaddy expiring. The idea of spending $8 on a registration like this seems great until you realize it’s never going to sell.

As your buddy hawkeye so astutely pointed out, " spam" is trademarked, and although I may be new to domaining, i'm not new at all to the trademark game. Hormel owns Spam, and when they learn about the charity I'm involved with, there's a chance they may like to work with me and CannaSpam. I want to thank you and Hawkeye (seriously) because you bring out the best in me, for I just reg'd CannaTuna to compliment CannaSpam. Fortunately "tuna" isn't trademarked leaving me plenty of options.
Thanks again Keith and Hawkeye...for the unintended consequences:xf.grin:

•••
As your buddy hawkeye so astutely pointed out, " spam" is trademarked, and although I may be new to domaining, i'm not new at all to the trademark game. Hormel owns Spam, and when they learn about the charity I'm involved with, there's a chance they may like to work with me and CannaSpam. I want to thank you and Hawkeye (seriously) because you bring out the best in me, for I just reg'd CannaTuna to compliment CannaSpam. Fortunately "tuna" isn't trademarked leaving me plenty of options.
Thanks again Keith and Hawkeye...for the unintended consequences:xf.grin:
The TM thing isn’t an issue, it’s just that those domains you registered will never sell. Of course you can buy what you wish but if the goal is to profit from domains, take it from someone who routinely does it :)

•••
The TM thing isn’t an issue, it’s just that those domains you registered will never sell. Of course you can buy what you wish but if the goal is to profit from domains, take it from someone who routinely does it :)
Keith said..."those domains you registered will never sell"....too funny, you may have a lot more experience in the domain industry than me, but I've had a lot more experience in life and in business than you ever will. btw, my goal is "to profit from my domains" like you, and you young man haven't a clue:xf.rolleyes:.

The arrogance shown from and by "old timers" in this industry is absolutely incredible. However, I must admit, it makes me want to hand reg. domains like CannaSpam, CannaTuna and CannaBeer until the cows come home....sure, none of those domains will ever sell because you said so:ROFL:

You can have the last word Keith because I'm watching my Washington Redskins kick serious butt over the Arizona Cardinals....21-0 at the half. Stay tuned young man because like the Redskins, I'm in it to win it:xf.grin:

•••
Phew!

ibltsNj.png

Dodging this bullet.

•••
Keith said..."those domains you registered will never sell"....too funny, you may have a lot more experience in the domain industry than me, but I've had a lot more experience in life and in business than you ever will. btw, my goal is "to profit from my domains" like you, and you young man haven't a clue:xf.rolleyes:.

The arrogance shown from and by "old timers" in this industry is absolutely incredible. However, I must admit, it makes me want to hand reg. domains like CannaSpam, CannaTuna and CannaBeer until the cows come home....sure, none of those domains will ever sell because you said so:ROFL:

You can have the last word Keith because I'm watching my Washington Redskins kick serious butt over the Arizona Cardinals....21-0 at the half. Stay tuned young man because like the Redskins, I'm in it to win it:xf.grin:
Maybe I’m young compared to you but I’m old in the domain space, and the way my body feels... ouch.

Do what you want, I really don’t care. Me, I make serious money with domains, lots. Register cannaham spam or whatever. Good luck!

•••
Registered HowdyHemp.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
Weed420.org
CannaStore.org
WeedConsumers.com
( low ball offers already )

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Just my thoughts about why I don't register any cannabis infused liquids (beer/win even pop/colas)..
the big boys are already in it (probably registered any names/etc) and the advertising laws are tough (at least here in Canada)

"Almost all of the world's mega-brewers have weaseled their way into the legal cannabis space, yet Anheuser-Busch InBev, the largest of them all, has been somewhat aloof when it comes to saying whether the company is considering a similar move."
Keywords in the above quote is "world's mega breweries"

"Some of the latest data shows that THC-infused beverages could be worth in upwards of $15 billion in the United States if the federal government would legalize nationwide. Other reports show that the introduction of cannabis drinks to the Canadian market could drive annual sales from $5 billion to somewhere in upwards of $22 billion."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikead...-to-strike-a-deal-with-the-cannabis-industry/

Believe micro-breweries will have a hard time with legislation, health codes, labeling etc!

Now cannabis infused edibles seems to be a different story (from what I been reading)

If you are targeting Michigan...here some helpful info (domain names)
Marihauna NOT Marijuana...
"
A medical marijuana provisioning center – the preferred term – “may not refer to itself as a ‘dispensary’ and may not use the word ‘dispensary’ in its advertising,” according to the bulletin.

The Detroit Free Press reported the restrictive terminology is a nod to the Michigan Public Health Code. The newspaper said the code asserts certain words and phrases are “restricted to those people authorized to use them.”

Other banned MMJ advertising terms in Michigan include:

• Pharmacy, pharmacist, Pharm.D, doctor of pharmacy, pharmacy intern, pharmacy technician, licensed pharmacy technician, certified pharmacy technician , CPhT or r.ph
  • Apothecary
  • Drugstore, druggist, medicine store
  • Prescriptions
This is from a state that spells marijuana with an “h” instead of a “j.”
As a state official told Marijuana Business Daily recently, “marihuana” was enshrined in the first statute about the industry decades ago and has been used since. Now it would have to be changed by law.
"

https://mjbizdaily.com/fair-warning-in-michigan-heed-restrictions-in-naming-promoting-mmj-shops/

Last edited:
•••
@briguy here in Australia some are using Terpenes

"CLV is preparing to launch an innovative selection of terpene-infused craft beers under a new brand called Old Boy Mary Jane (OBMJ), as well a range of adult soft drinks under the brand Gypsy."

@ Creso Pharma launches cannabis-flavoured craft beer - Finfeed

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hey there Warrior...since we last spoke i've been on a marijuana/cannabis kick, and have accumulated about 20 "niche" domains. My last being CannaSkins(.)com as in "potato skins", exacerbated by my critics. I know you're from the Czech Republic, but my favorite NFL futbol team is the Washington Redskins, and they kicked butt today in Arizona. You may recall that I sponsored a thread "Anatomy of a Hand Reg" about a month ago that was pretty popular, again despite the critics. So far today I've reg'd about six canna domains after googling "things that come in a can". Surprisingly, out of 100 possibilities just a few were available, but I was able to reg cannatuna and cannaspam. Most of the other names were already registered, and some of them are listed at GD for $50,000.

On another note...while all my canna and juana domains are mostly .coms, I did notice that Canna.Sex is available. No guarantees with anything in life, but if canna sex is as good as juana sex that domain should be worth the investment:xf.wink: If everything goes well, my marketplace should be up and running selling by Mickey Mantles birthday. Stay tuned, and look for CannaSkins at a TGI Fridays near you.
potatoskins.jpg

potatoskins.jpg

•••
Just my thoughts about why I don't register any cannabis infused liquids (beer/win even pop/colas)..
the big boys are already in it (probably registered any names/etc) and the advertising laws are tough (at least here in Canada)

"Almost all of the world's mega-brewers have weaseled their way into the legal cannabis space, yet Anheuser-Busch InBev, the largest of them all, has been somewhat aloof when it comes to saying whether the company is considering a similar move."
Keywords in the above quote is "world's mega breweries"

"Some of the latest data shows that THC-infused beverages could be worth in upwards of $15 billion in the United States if the federal government would legalize nationwide. Other reports show that the introduction of cannabis drinks to the Canadian market could drive annual sales from $5 billion to somewhere in upwards of $22 billion."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikead...-to-strike-a-deal-with-the-cannabis-industry/

Believe micro-breweries will have a hard time with legislation, health codes, labeling etc!

Now cannabis infused edibles seems to be a different story (from what I been reading)

If you are targeting Michigan...here some helpful info (domain names)
Marihauna NOT Marijuana...
"
A medical marijuana provisioning center – the preferred term – “may not refer to itself as a ‘dispensary’ and may not use the word ‘dispensary’ in its advertising,” according to the bulletin.

The Detroit Free Press reported the restrictive terminology is a nod to the Michigan Public Health Code. The newspaper said the code asserts certain words and phrases are “restricted to those people authorized to use them.”

Other banned MMJ advertising terms in Michigan include:

• Pharmacy, pharmacist, Pharm.D, doctor of pharmacy, pharmacy intern, pharmacy technician, licensed pharmacy technician, certified pharmacy technician , CPhT or r.ph
  • Apothecary
  • Drugstore, druggist, medicine store
  • Prescriptions
This is from a state that spells marijuana with an “h” instead of a “j.”
As a state official told Marijuana Business Daily recently, “marihuana” was enshrined in the first statute about the industry decades ago and has been used since. Now it would have to be changed by law.
"

https://mjbizdaily.com/fair-warning-in-michigan-heed-restrictions-in-naming-promoting-mmj-shops/

All good stuff briguy....i noticed the "juana" vs. "hauna" thing today while doing research. I also see where medical marijuana is now legal in 30 states, and nine of those states have also legalized recreational marijuana. I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been able to pick up some decent names for a total in vestment of less that $200. Thanks again for your input, and all the best to my friends from Canada:)

•••
Still a stigma, even if a billionaire hits it. Tesla's Elon Musk on Joe Rogan's live webcast:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4435710/elon-musk-weed-tesla-shares-drop/

Doesn't look to me like he inhales, more of a Clinton puff. And publicity stunt, that "joint" looks like a cigar..

yj74sZU.jpg

Naturally, we're on top of related domains. Did a check on "MuskWeed", wouldn't you know, registered yesterday by someone.
Thanks HotKey....my last reg today before I take my SnoozeRx is CannaMusk(.)com. I have a few friends who drive Tesla's (one whose son is a lawyer that lives in Bel Air), and just maybe one of them can get to Elon to see if he has an interest:xf.wink: I do like "MuskWeed" a lot better, but "CannaMusk" actually appraises for more. Thanks again, and CannadaRocks!!!

•••
motivated by @briguy 's post
  • Terpene.beer
Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back