Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
redirected to a Brandable named developed sales site (kannaway)

On that note, anyone looking to monetize their names... Stay FAR away from stuff like Kannaway. Due your own due diligence about it, but in my opinion, the product seems like a high liability herbalife/amway style scam than anything else.

•••
Thanks Bri funny , great point you made..

did you look:xf.wink: ....Get-Hemp.com :xf.grin:(y) Also being used , redirected to a Brandable named developed sales site (kannaway) ..seems get/got + hyphen plus pot =winning

No was lazy..didn't check Get/Got! Yeah, kind of obvious that the "Get" version spoken for!

@DanSanchez Good point..MLM sites are only money makers for those who are in early...just my opinion

•••
On that note, anyone looking to monetize their names... Stay FAR away from stuff like Kannaway. Due your own due diligence about it, but in my opinion, the product seems like a high liability herbalife/amway style scam than anything else.

thanks for the heads up , I really didn't dig into the site, Just saw that it was a Developed CBD site and that's about as far my interest into went. whether or not the "get/got" Hyphen was being used&or Developed

•••
cannaegg.com

cannaboosts.com

cbdmagics.com

buyhemps.com

auweed.com

These are all the weed related domains I got.

Already aiming at an enduser for cannaegg.com

Not expecting much from them tbh, as the most have plurals in them :/

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Bri funny , great point you made..

did you look:xf.wink: ....Get-Hemp.com :xf.grin:(y) Also being used , redirected to a Brandable named developed sales site (kannaway) ..seems get/got + hyphen plus pot =winning
You scared me for a second. I was thinking, did I really let that domain drop?! Didn’t catch the hyphen...

•••
You scared me for a second. I was thinking, did I really let that domain drop?! Didn’t catch the hyphen...

haha..Nice name @Keith Na you are usually on the ball with things. Any offer on that name via Potdomains, or in general ?

about to add a few others shortly to PotDomains.....I Picked a killer Brandable this week

Herbal with 2 "b"

Herbbal in KING :)

•••
haha..Nice name @Keith Na you are usually on the ball with things. Any offer on that name via Potdomains, or in general ?

about to add a few others shortly to PotDomains.....I Picked a killer Brandable this week

Herbal with 2 "b"

Herbbal in KING :)
Yeah I’ve had offers for it. Also get lots of offers at potdomains. Most of the offers are for my CBD domains.

•••
I have
Cannaheritage.com
Tripcanna.com​

•••
Yeah I’ve had offers for it. Also get lots of offers at potdomains. Most of the offers are for my CBD domains.

Thanks. Yea I have noticed, that via domaining...or just on Facebook and Social media..aside from all the canna talk.....every other vendor, post, shopify, " Canna Related AD"..has to do with CBD

•••
•••
Having been an employer most of my life, I've always known that "perks" are some of best motivators ever offered to my employees. I've provided employees all sorts of perks from healthcare, to childcare, gym memberships, to education credits. This got me to thinking about medical marijuana.. who am I kidding...simply marijuana:xf.grin:,

Much to the chagrin of my critics, I was able to hand register a couple of perk(s) domains a few minutes ago. I struggled a little between Marijuana Perk(s) and Cannabis Perk(s). What would you have chosen considering shorter versions like Pot Perks and Weed Perks were already spoken for?

I'm sure there are pros and cons for each, but which perk would you prefer? Thanks,

Neither! The word perk/s kills the value. Grace delete both, IMO.

...gl

•••
Neither! The word perk/s kills the value. Grace delete both, IMO.

...gl

Disagree...perks is a high value key word with "average" sale price of $2,117. Besides, unless you've been an employer providing perks for employees like medical marijuana, there may be even more value added to the key word perk(s).

Thanks for the input.

•••
•••
Disagree...perks is a high value key word with "average" sale price of $2,117. Besides, unless you've been an employer providing perks for employees like medical marijuana, there may be even more value added to the key word perk(s).

Thanks for the input.

You're not understanding how to use tools.

Let's take a look at a couple of those perk sales:

school perks - $1,888
travel perks - $2,498

now lets take a look at them in quotes:
school perks - 37,500 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="school+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

travel perks - 231,000 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="travel+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

yours:
marijuana perks - 260 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="marijuana+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

cannabis perks - 171 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="cannabis+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Not many results, because it's not a keyword combination that gets used much. Some of those results are .........cannabis, perks type results, where they're not even a keyword combo.

Last edited:
•••
Got my next Country+Weed domain. Not as nice as AuWeed.com, but I think it was still worth for $1:

EsWeed.com

•••
When you put the two words together, it sounds like you're referring to the perks of smoking/ingesting cannabis. Could work for a hobby or informational site, but I don't see it from the employment angle.

•••
When you put the two words together, it sounds like you're referring to the perks of smoking/ingesting cannabis. Could work for a hobby or informational site, but I don't see it from the employment angle.

I agree...now there are two possible uses for it. Also, I just reg'd two more; CannabisFirsts and MarijuanaFirsts. I might be an 'ol guy, but I do remember my first experiences of pretty much everything I've done....FirstCar, FirstDate, FirstBeer FirstDance and yes FirstCannabisHigh.

Thanks Joe!

•••
I agree...now there are two possible uses for it. Also, I just reg'd two more; CannabisFirsts and MarijuanaFirsts. I might be an 'ol guy, but I do remember my first experiences of pretty much everything I've done....FirstCar, FirstDate, FirstBeer FirstDance and yes FirstCannabisHigh.

Thanks Joe!
I only see the hobby/info site use, as I don't think the other use is intuitive.

As a brand guy, I'm sure you know how much a brand is weakened when it's not intuitive (and needs to be explained).

•••
The only reason Marijuana/Cannabis and Perks have search volume is from people searching about using Weed and the drug Percocet at the same time. Percocet is a pain killer and the slang is Percs or the wrong spelling Perks.

•••
I see some other much more likely uses for those domains than some others I guess. I too prefer the term cannabis over marijuana. As far as pairing either of them with perks though, they may ultimately be good domains for a cannabis retailer's customer rewards/loyalty program. Eventually as the cannabiz becomes widely legal and strong brands develop, loyalty program will arise, the same as they do for other industries. All in all, PotPerks is probably the best simply because it is catchy and short, but there is room for others too.

Don't sell short the potential long term values for domains in emerging industries. Current search volumes of various words are not indicative of the potential value of domains in emerging technologies and industries.

•••
I see some other much more likely uses for those domains than some others I guess. I too prefer the term cannabis over marijuana. As far as pairing either of them with perks though, they may ultimately be good domains for a cannabis retailer's customer rewards/loyalty program. Eventually as the cannabiz becomes widely legal and strong brands develop, loyalty program will arise, the same as they do for other industries. All in all, PotPerks is probably the best simply because it is catchy and short, but there is room for others too.

Don't sell short the potential long term values for domains in emerging industries. Current search volumes of various words are not indicative of the potential value of domains in emerging technologies and industries.

Thanks NamesAgent...I can tell you're shooting straight with me. I have a friend who is also a member who just explained the same thing you did. He's big into the Marijuana and Cannabis names and is also involved in "CBD" that I just learned about. I agree about PotPerks being the best. The fact that "perks" can be used in a couple of different ways as Joe Nichols (earlier post) was saying may be a good thing. Much of this is still new to me, but I can assure you I'm no fool like others here would like for you to believe.

What do you think about MarijuanaFirsts and CannabisFirsts that I just picked up? When I first tried it in college in 1968 I only knew it to be marijuana, pot or weed. I'd never heard of cannabis.

Thanks again for your help(n)

•••
  • IndustrialHemp.xyz
Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
You're not understanding how to use tools.

Let's take a look at a couple of those perk sales:

school perks - $1,888
travel perks - $2,498

now lets take a look at them in quotes:
school perks - 37,500 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="school+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

travel perks - 231,000 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="travel+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

yours:
marijuana perks - 260 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="marijuana+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

cannabis perks - 171 results - https://www.google.com/search?q="cannabis+perks"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Not many results, because it's not a keyword combination that gets used much. Some of those results are .........cannabis, perks type results, where they're not even a keyword combo.

Thanks again Rob...i just picked up WeedFirsts to go along with MarijuanaFirsts and CannabisFirsts. If you check out what GD has to say about WeedPerks, what it appraises for, and the fact that someone is asking $10,000 for it, is some of the reasoning behind my purchase.

Your comment; "Don't sell short the potential long term values for domains in emerging industries. Current search volumes of various words are not indicative of the potential value of domains in emerging technologies and industries." is spot on. I would like to point out that GD has almost the exact same analysis for WeedPerks as it does for WeedFirsts.

Just a word to the wise from Mark Twain; "Figures Don't Lie, but Liars Do Figure". And one more word to the wise from me, "Don't buy a domain unless you have a plan for it's use, or you have a plan for how to sell it".

Thanks again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back