Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah I'd say you flipped way too early in the CBD vertical, but if you already made solid coin and stock from your name sales, then big congrats, not many will be able to say that even after CBD is federally legalized.

•••
Cannabis will not be federally legalized until the neon lights and tacky branding of 99% of all Canna related products and/or "businesses" are longgggg gone my friend.

•••
Not sure about Cannabis as a whole, but CBD as a separated cannabinoid supplement, will possibly be federally "de-scheduled" by this time next year, I think.

•••
Not sure about Cannabis as a whole, but CBD as a separated cannabinoid supplement, will possibly be federally "de-scheduled" by this time next year, I think.

Sorry, I had misread; I hope so: CBD

•••
I have created a thread with my remaining 118 Canna related domains over here on Name Pros if you'd like to check it out.

•••
Dam CBG/CBC (sure doesn't mean Canadian Broadcasting Corp), now I have to do more research...lol

Can anyone suggest a good ( reasonably priced) WordPress template that good for merchandise ?

•••
On Namebio today

Hempstagram.com
2,700 USD

GrowBuds.com
$2,525 USD

•••
Dam CBG/CBC (sure doesn't mean Canadian Broadcasting Corp), now I have to do more research...lol

Can anyone suggest a good ( reasonably priced) WordPress template that good for merchandise ?
Shopify

•••
420Delish.com
For sale too ;)
LMK if interested

•••
•••
regd today

Toker(s) dotonline
Bong Shop
dotonline

•••
Namebio - not me

marijuanas.com 1,815 USD 2017-09-12 NameJet
dankrank.com 260 USD 2017-09-11 Flippa
marijuanalawyers.com 2,877 USD 2017-09-03 GoDaddy
hempopotamus.com 445 USD 2017-09-04 GoDaddy
portalgreen.com 1,494 USD 2017-09-05 BuyDomains
purecbn.com 312 USD 2017-09-06 GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anybody ever try Terp Jelly?

Sour D terp jelly just be the best tasting thing I've ever experienced. I love Colorado!

•••
•••
•••
•••
ABSTRACT

We’ve entered the most profound era of change for financial services companies since the 1970s brought us index mutual funds, discountbrokers and ATMs.

Business Insider 7 July 2016

The cannabis industry has traditionally been fragmented, untrustworthy, and illicit, but it is now moving towards greater legitimacy. New research shows powerful healt hbenefits of cannabis and strong social movements are pushing for increased legalization. One way to improve the reputation of the industry is to modernize it, make it standardized, fully verifiable, and built on a system of trust between patients, doctors, growers, and suppliers. New blockchain technology / Distributed Ledger Technology(DLT) offers an ideal solution. Since blockchain holds an immutable ledger and assured contracts, it can easily accommodate the recording and storing of all product life cycle events, verify patient identification, assure payments, and more. Paragon seeks to create a crypto-token built on smart contracts on blockchain specifically for the worldwide cannabis community. Paragon is the first organization dedicated to leveraging smart contracts built on the blockchain to create and foster a community dedicated to the worldwide legalization and systematization of cannabis.

Source: White Paper at ParagonCoin.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
Why don't you think there is a need?

The one attraction I see for the coin market in the mj space is safety.

Hawaii has implemented a no cash pay system as of Oct 1, 2017.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-1st-state-to-go-cashless-for-marijuana-sales
How is paragon different than any other crypto as a form of payment? Dispensaries, doctors, distributors, and so on, could easily accept bitcoin, eth, ripple... why paragon?

Potcoin and a bunch of others already exist and have done poorly. There are so many great coins to invest in that the risk of a "pot" coin isn't worth it imo.

Check out Boscoin. It starts trading in a week or two. Now that's a real service and solution that the cryptosphere needs!

•••
4676245e5cd3d8ba537b9e59e46b1c86.png

•••
  • KangarooKush.com.au
Cheers
Corey

•••
I thought about it but decided to pass. Just not really a need for any coin in the pot space imo.

This Paragon token crap is a scam; anything touching the cannabis industry and blockchain should not be any focus right now.

If you want to make money you can simply invest in potcoin; not because I think it's a good coin at all with any good development behind it; it's at the 3 month low so if your thinking about doing any paragon ico investment your better off simply with potcoin and holding until the price increases 2-3x if not more.

•••
This Paragon token crap is a scam; anything touching the cannabis industry and blockchain should not be any focus right now.

If you want to make money you can simply invest in potcoin; not because I think it's a good coin at all with any good development behind it; it's at the 3 month low so if your thinking about doing any paragon ico investment your better off simply with potcoin and holding until the price increases 2-3x if not more.

Sorry; make potcoin a 6 month low; this is good time to pickup if anyone is looking to make a quick buck rather than investing in paragon

•••
Updates to the industry

Vermont
Governer put together a exploratory committee. Apparently the Fall session for action is now the Spring ( awaiting the report)

Nevada
Looking into bars and cannabis friendly coffeehouses. Looks like they will approve, all the domains with coffeehouse shoukd be in play, there are only so many.

Massachussets
All extremely positive, new commission made up of anti cannabis people, that being said the first open meeting the Bain Capitol guy...enbraced the " will of the voters " and will aggressively look to roll out permitts and such, July 01 is still the date for legal stores etc. Few ideas on exactly what the rules will be. Short of the 72% of the state being legal for stores to growers. The other 28% counties can opt out .

California
Just moving forward on many pieces of the Jan 01 deadlines. One has to track this county by county to get a true grasp of opportunity.

Maine
First draft of the rules just put out yesturday . Some cool stuff for us in there. A craft category for 30 plants and 500 as foot grows. Up to 10,000 as feet. Volume is what we need....to drive the domain market.
6 month residency

Michigan
They begin...issuing permitts Jan 01. Although no rules yet, although what we do know
Very liberal mmj, almost recreational.
Recreational on the ballot
Same permitt flows from mmj..
500,1000, 2000 plant permitts
Yearly fees 10g and up.
No limit on permitts ( pending local legislation)
Permitts for:
Grower
Store
Extracts
Edibles
Transport
2 year residency
In state capitol

It's all about California and Massachussets, domain inventories should be in demand from here forward

Best of luck

•••
WeedATM.com
PotSupport.com

I like that in Corey's post the abstract mentioned ATM at the end - completely forgot I had WeedATM hahah. Thanks Corey!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back