Dynadot

.ai Showcase and discuss .ai (Artificial Intelligence) domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Group

VIP Member
Impact
With the exponential advancement in artificial intelligence, will .ai become the go to domain extension for AI applications? Quite possibly.

The extension has been around since 1995 and is the ccTLD for Anguilla and it is becoming more and more popular as further advancements are made in the artificial intelligence world. The extension, however, is not cheap to register at $283 for a 2 year minimum registration period so it can get pricy, quick... Especially if you are looking to bulk purchase and hold long term.

That being said, what are your thoughts? Do you own any .ai domains?
Showcase them here! Give a little insight as to why you picked them up and what your plans are.

If you don't have any... here is one that was available this morning: Robotic.ai
"Robotic Artificial Intelligence" <---Love the term. Go nab it!

Here are mine:
Holo.ai
Hologram.ai
Holographic.ai

My favorite is Holographic.ai because it sounds the best when phrased "Holographic Artificial Intelligence".
I plan to hold these beauties for quite some time, and I am very curious to hear about yours!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not register holograms.ai?

I wouldn't touch this extension with a ten foot pole, IMO.

•••
9 times out of 10, the singular is better if you're creating a brand, and the plural is best if you want to sell a product. Bird.com could be a brand for anything, Birds.com sounds like a place you'd go to buy birds.

•••
•••
Does anyone know the story behind all off the .ai domain sales in the Apr 1, 2018 NameBio report?
There were 131 .ai domain name sales for the day, including first and third place on the list. Of these 20 were at prices of $1000 and up. Almost all were at Whois.AI? Can someone shed light on whether these were reporting a bunch of sales over a long period but all dated that day, or if someone was getting rid of a great .ai portfolio, or ? I presume not an April fool but @Michael to be sure.
Thanks,
Bob
That is the .ai registry, they run expired auctions once a month that all end on the same day. We started tracking them recently and back-filled all of their data from past auctions.

http://auction.whois.ai

Edit: to be clear all of that April 1st data was the result of auctions ending on that day, it was not the backfill I mentioned. All the past auctions were loaded in with the correct dates. Once a month moving forward you should get a similar amount of new .ai data.

They're also in the venue filter as well.

Last edited:
•••
Holographics.ai is available as well, but I personally like the singular better with this extension. I hear you about the ten foot pole, tough to justify stepping away from the major extensions in this vertical but it is still an interesting space in my opinion - mostly because of my fascination with AI - so I had to dabble a bit. :)
Generally speaking, the plural is almost always better for products or things. Think of what works better with .com and insert an alternative extension. Forget domainers, this is how the masses will view it :)

•••
Renewal is too high at about $100 / year.

•••
•••
Available / Dropped

asc .ai
firma .ai
upnext .ai

( a full list )

•••
1708024929199.png

•••

Apple purchases iWork.ai

iWork.ai was acquired by Apple. The domain name was left to expire and it Apple picked the name up for reg fee it looks like. This is being covered in plenty of publications like AppleInsider.com and 9to5Mac.com. BuyAiDomains.com was the first to publish the news. Some are speculating that Apple will be relaunching their iwork […]
Continue Reading

•••
•••
Why not register holograms.ai?
I wouldn't touch this extension with a ten foot pole, IMO.

Holographics.ai is available as well, but I personally like the singular better with this extension. I hear you about the ten foot pole, tough to justify stepping away from the major extensions in this vertical but it is still an interesting space in my opinion - mostly because of my fascination with AI - so I had to dabble a bit. :)

•••
Because of recent sales and excitement around .AI domains, it's time to show them off! You'll discern that I'm enthusiastic to watch how the .AI market unfolds. IMO, .AI will be the next .IO extension, and I'm buying!

Recent sales

@Domain Shane's viewpoint
Dot AI names are starting to heat up in the aftermarket right now.
I think there is opportunity to flip in dot AI.
it is a market worth watching
A single letter G.AI just got a $200,000 bid

Developed .ai domains
In just a 15 minute search, found all of these that are registered, developed and relating to AI.

Notion.ai
Comma.ai
Wit.ai
X.ai
Niki.ai
Open.ai
Sentient.ai
H2O.ai
VIV.ai
Benevolent.ai
Beagle.ai
Arya.ai
Seamless.ai
MSG.ai
Iris.ai
Geometric.ai
Drive.ai
Mycroft.ai
Unu.ai
API.ai
Vital.ai
they are in fact being used by startups.

•••
For any new domainer reading this.

Keep in mind that those are start-ups that I was quoted on, who will most likely try to buy a .com when they have grown or acquired enough capital.

Not saying that an .AI won't sell, but I would proceed with extreme caution over my keyword choices in that extension, especially at that price.

•••
Keep in mind that those are start-ups
Startups are end users that buy the most domains across the board. When they're funded, startups will pay $10,000 to $90,000 without blinking an eye for the .io, .me, .co, or .tv they want.

IMO, .ai is next to experience those sales. If anyone disagrees, sell me your single tech word .ai domains cheaply. :greedy:

•••
@Registry Services Any update on the situation you have highlighted here, It would be good for everybody including Vince if the whole infrastructure was not fragile to D/DoS.

I fear Vince's plans may have been significantly delayed since Anguilla was seriously torn apart by hurricane Irma (and then further by Maria).

I understand some of the reasons why Vince would want to keep the registry "on-island" as this ensures the revenue, jobs etc stay on-island. However, it seems to me there is a window of opportunity here to really push dot-AI ahead and that window will close, and the hurricane issue demonstrates the risks of keeping the critical infrastructure on-island.

If a TLD is going to significantly expand, it needs to be able to offer a robust, consistent & reliable service.

Before long Artificial Intelligence will cease to be a thing - not becuase we don't use it any more, but becuase it is so ubiquitous that we simply cease to refer to it as a thing, like electricity & sanitation.

An off-island registry system, run under British jurisdiction, fully EPP compliant with a signed zone & anycast DNS could give the island the opportunity to really push dot-AI forward while maintaining reasonable control, and I think it would be a shame to miss out on this golden opportunity.

Well that's my 2c worth.

•••
From the FAQ Section at the Registry Site (whois.ai):

1. EPP/CoCCA migratiopn
    We have migrated many of the big users to EPP access. More than 3/4 of the domains on the first day. We expect in the next few days to have over 90% of the domains under direct EPP access. If you are a large user and would like EPP access send a request with EPP in the subject from the email account used for whois.ai login.
  2. Login trouble Monday Dec 18 2017
    This site is still going through testing so we are not letting users login yet. This site will be back up soon for the legacy smaller users. Sorry for the trouble. We ask for your patience.
  3. Whois service now at whois.nic.ai
    To lookup domains with the whois service use the new server with a command like whois -h whois.nic.ai foo.ai
    We are changing this with IANA.
  4. What about new end users?
    The ".ai" registry had moved to using retail sites to sell the domains and only legacy users can login to this site. Here is a list of current retail regisrars.

So seems like they even were a bit early migrating their backend to EPP

•••
NewPower.ai
AISimplex.com

Last edited:
•••

Megafactory * ai
🤪

20240219_170428.jpg

Gigafactory * ai
🤪

20240219_170434.jpg

Last edited:
•••
If you tend to be critical of advice and enjoy engaging in arguments, you may be described as contentious, argumentative, or skeptical. If this sounds like you, it may be best to avoid reading further. Let me put it another way: If you find yourself always ready to critique advice like a professional fault-finder or a champion arguer, you might just be the Sherlock Holmes of unsolicited feedback! Proceed with caution, dear detective of dissent.

Here are metrics to consider and avoid when selecting .ai domain names for artificial intelligence-related websites:

**Metrics to Consider for Valuable .ai Domain Names:**

1. **Relevance to AI Applications**: Look for domain names that directly relate to common AI applications such as machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, robotics, data analytics, text-to-image generation, text-to-video generation, and other generative AI functions.

2. **Keyword Relevance**: Incorporate essential keywords related to AI, such as technology, automation, innovation, generative models, machine learning, deep learning, neural networks, natural language processing, computer vision, reinforcement learning, data mining, and big data.

3. **Brandability**: Opt for domain names that are easy to remember, pronounce, and spell to establish credibility and make a lasting impression on visitors.

4. **Short and Concise**: Aim for concise names that convey the essence of AI without being overly complex or lengthy for better memorability.

5. **Industry Specificity**: Choose domain names tailored to industries where AI technologies are commonly applied, such as:

a. **Automotive**: AI is used in autonomous vehicles, driver assistance systems, predictive maintenance, and enhancing overall driving experience.

b. **Manufacturing**: AI is employed for predictive maintenance, quality control, process optimization, supply chain management, and smart manufacturing.

c. **Retail**: AI is utilized for personalized marketing, customer service chatbots, inventory management, demand forecasting, and recommendation systems.

d. **Telecommunications**: AI is applied for network optimization, customer service automation, predictive maintenance of infrastructure, and fraud detection.

e. **Energy**: AI is used for predictive maintenance of equipment, energy grid optimization, smart metering, and renewable energy management.

f. **Media and Entertainment**: AI powers content recommendation algorithms, personalized content delivery, video and audio analysis, and virtual assistants.

g. **Transportation and Logistics**: AI is employed for route optimization, predictive maintenance of vehicles and infrastructure, demand forecasting, and supply chain management.

h. **Real Estate**: AI is used for property valuation, predictive analytics for housing market trends, personalized property recommendations, and virtual property tours.

i. **Legal**: AI is applied for legal research, contract analysis, document review, predictive analytics for case outcomes, and legal compliance.

j. **Agriculture**: AI is utilized for crop monitoring, yield prediction, soil analysis, precision agriculture, and pest management.

k. **Healthcare**: AI is used for medical imaging analysis, personalized treatment plans, drug discovery, patient data management, telemedicine, and healthcare analytics.

l. **Finance**: AI is employed for fraud detection, algorithmic trading, risk assessment, customer service chatbots, personalized financial advice, and credit scoring.

m. **E-commerce**: AI powers product recommendations, personalized marketing campaigns, chatbots for customer service, supply chain optimization, and fraud detection in online transactions.

n. **Education**: AI is utilized for personalized learning experiences, adaptive tutoring systems, student performance analytics, virtual classrooms, and automated grading systems.

6. **Future Potential**: Consider domain names that have the potential to remain relevant and valuable as AI technology evolves.

7. **Memorability**: Opt for domain names that are easy to remember and stand out in visitors' minds for increased brand recognition and traffic.

8. **SEO-Friendliness**: Choose domain names that are SEO-friendly by integrating relevant keywords and ensuring a clear connection to AI-related topics.

**Metrics to Avoid for Domain Names that may not be Suitable for AI Websites:**

1. **Lack of Relevance**: Avoid generic or unrelated terms that do not convey any association with artificial intelligence. Domain names should clearly reflect the purpose or focus of the AI website to attract the right audience.

2. **Obscure or Confusing Names**: Choose names that are clear, simple, and easy to understand. Avoid overly complex or abstract terms that may confuse visitors and detract from the website's branding.

3. **Trademark Concerns**: Ensure the chosen domain name does not infringe on existing trademarks or intellectual property rights. Conduct thorough research to avoid legal issues and protect the website's reputation.

4. **Ambiguity**: Avoid vague or ambiguous domain names that may confuse visitors. Clear and concise domain names help in establishing a strong brand identity and communicating the website's content or services effectively.

5. **Negative Connotations**: Steer clear of names with negative associations that could harm the website's credibility. Choose domain names that evoke positive emotions and resonate well with the target audience.

6. **Complexity**: Opt for straightforward names that are easy to interpret. Avoid overly intricate or convoluted domain names that may hinder user engagement and make it challenging for visitors to remember or spell the domain.

7. **Irrelevance**: Avoid domain names that have no connection to AI or technology. Ensure that the domain name aligns with the content, services, or products offered on the website to maintain relevance and attract the right visitors.

8. **Overly Generic Terms**: Stay away from overly generic names that lack uniqueness. Domain names should be distinctive and memorable to stand out in a competitive online landscape and create a lasting impression on visitors.

By carefully considering these metrics and steering clear of the outlined pitfalls, website owners and domainers can significantly boost the branding, visibility, and overall success of their AI-related websites. Opting for a domain name that adheres to these guidelines can play a crucial role in establishing a robust online presence and effectively communicating the website's focus on artificial intelligence. While the value of a domain name is often influenced by factors beyond mere metric alignment with its intended use, instances where a .ai domain name commands a high price despite lacking strong AI-related metrics may be attributed to the buyer's intent to build a brandable website and their readiness to make substantial marketing investments to solidify that brand.

In conclusion, domainers looking to optimize their website's branding, visibility, and overall success in the AI domain may benefit from exploring domain names that better align with the specified metrics. By focusing on relevance to AI applications, incorporating essential AI keywords, and ensuring industry specificity, domainers can enhance their website's credibility, brand recognition, and traffic. Opting for domain names that meet these criteria can help establish a stronger online presence and effectively convey the focus on artificial intelligence, setting the website up for success in the competitive AI landscape.

•••
•••
Generally speaking, the plural is almost always better for products or things. Think of what works better with .com and insert an alternative extension. Forget domainers, this is how the masses will view it :)

9 times out of 10, the singular is better if you're creating a brand, and the plural is best if you want to sell a product. Bird.com could be a brand for anything, Birds.com sounds like a place you'd go to buy birds.

Without a doubt, when selling products, the plural is always better. I agree 100% with that.

I acquired these 3 with branding in mind, not products :)

•••
Quite agree with @Addison, and I'd be all over this extension but the renewals are just too high for my taste. Maybe I buy a couple.

•••
I once had quite a few .AI domains and the registry was run by ONE single guy acting like a dictator, threatening to cancel my domains. Granted this was around 2006, you had to even pay a fee to "verify" your account. System was completely antiquated.

Still seems to be in place:

For the account signup $100 US do I get a free domain?
No, that fee is just to get an account and does not include a domain.

I highly recommend AVOIDING this extension.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back