Dynadot

.ai Showcase and discuss .ai (Artificial Intelligence) domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Group

VIP Member
Impact
With the exponential advancement in artificial intelligence, will .ai become the go to domain extension for AI applications? Quite possibly.

The extension has been around since 1995 and is the ccTLD for Anguilla and it is becoming more and more popular as further advancements are made in the artificial intelligence world. The extension, however, is not cheap to register at $283 for a 2 year minimum registration period so it can get pricy, quick... Especially if you are looking to bulk purchase and hold long term.

That being said, what are your thoughts? Do you own any .ai domains?
Showcase them here! Give a little insight as to why you picked them up and what your plans are.

If you don't have any... here is one that was available this morning: Robotic.ai
"Robotic Artificial Intelligence" <---Love the term. Go nab it!

Here are mine:
Holo.ai
Hologram.ai
Holographic.ai

My favorite is Holographic.ai because it sounds the best when phrased "Holographic Artificial Intelligence".
I plan to hold these beauties for quite some time, and I am very curious to hear about yours!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not register holograms.ai?

I wouldn't touch this extension with a ten foot pole, IMO.

•••
Why not register holograms.ai?
I wouldn't touch this extension with a ten foot pole, IMO.

Holographics.ai is available as well, but I personally like the singular better with this extension. I hear you about the ten foot pole, tough to justify stepping away from the major extensions in this vertical but it is still an interesting space in my opinion - mostly because of my fascination with AI - so I had to dabble a bit. :)

•••
Holographics.ai is available as well, but I personally like the singular better with this extension. I hear you about the ten foot pole, tough to justify stepping away from the major extensions in this vertical but it is still an interesting space in my opinion - mostly because of my fascination with AI - so I had to dabble a bit. :)
Generally speaking, the plural is almost always better for products or things. Think of what works better with .com and insert an alternative extension. Forget domainers, this is how the masses will view it :)

•••
9 times out of 10, the singular is better if you're creating a brand, and the plural is best if you want to sell a product. Bird.com could be a brand for anything, Birds.com sounds like a place you'd go to buy birds.

•••
Generally speaking, the plural is almost always better for products or things. Think of what works better with .com and insert an alternative extension. Forget domainers, this is how the masses will view it :)

9 times out of 10, the singular is better if you're creating a brand, and the plural is best if you want to sell a product. Bird.com could be a brand for anything, Birds.com sounds like a place you'd go to buy birds.

Without a doubt, when selling products, the plural is always better. I agree 100% with that.

I acquired these 3 with branding in mind, not products :)

•••
Because of recent sales and excitement around .AI domains, it's time to show them off! You'll discern that I'm enthusiastic to watch how the .AI market unfolds. IMO, .AI will be the next .IO extension, and I'm buying!

Recent sales

@Domain Shane's viewpoint
Dot AI names are starting to heat up in the aftermarket right now.
I think there is opportunity to flip in dot AI.
it is a market worth watching
A single letter G.AI just got a $200,000 bid

Developed .ai domains
In just a 15 minute search, found all of these that are registered, developed and relating to AI.

Notion.ai
Comma.ai
Wit.ai
X.ai
Niki.ai
Open.ai
Sentient.ai
H2O.ai
VIV.ai
Benevolent.ai
Beagle.ai
Arya.ai
Seamless.ai
MSG.ai
Iris.ai
Geometric.ai
Drive.ai
Mycroft.ai
Unu.ai
API.ai
Vital.ai
they are in fact being used by startups.

•••
Renewal is too high at about $100 / year.

•••
IMO, this will happen in time to come:
All technology will have an element of artificial intelligence (AI) to it someday, which is not the same as being sentient. Artificial intelligence, today, means that it'll learn from interactions with it and do a better job because of that. Even before technology uses AI, company names with "AI" in them will be seen as superior over all other technology companies (IMO).

AI inherently means smart technology
, inasmuch as IO means standard/old technology.

Do you want marketing.ai or marketing.io to bring you customers? You want your competitors to use marketing.io, because Marketing.ai will win in a marketing contest every time by adapting to whatever marketing.io does and defeating it.

:borg:

•••
Quite agree with @Addison, and I'd be all over this extension but the renewals are just too high for my taste. Maybe I buy a couple.

•••
•••
I once had quite a few .AI domains and the registry was run by ONE single guy acting like a dictator, threatening to cancel my domains. Granted this was around 2006, you had to even pay a fee to "verify" your account. System was completely antiquated.

Still seems to be in place:

For the account signup $100 US do I get a free domain?
No, that fee is just to get an account and does not include a domain.

I highly recommend AVOIDING this extension.

•••
Given the pricing I think of it as Absolutely Impossible.

Or Almost Insane.

•••
•••
For any new domainer reading this.

Keep in mind that those are start-ups that I was quoted on, who will most likely try to buy a .com when they have grown or acquired enough capital.

Not saying that an .AI won't sell, but I would proceed with extreme caution over my keyword choices in that extension, especially at that price.

•••
Keep in mind that those are start-ups
Startups are end users that buy the most domains across the board. When they're funded, startups will pay $10,000 to $90,000 without blinking an eye for the .io, .me, .co, or .tv they want.

IMO, .ai is next to experience those sales. If anyone disagrees, sell me your single tech word .ai domains cheaply. :greedy:

•••

but really you need to buy both, otherwise you're just going to leak traffic like crazy.

•••
The market is heating up. Top.ai sold for over $7000 a couple weeks ago on Sedo. Now, leg.ai sold for $9,600. Yes, Leg.ai !

•••
While AI is indeed a hot new industry with lot's of startups that will never ever do anything, the fact most of them are using .AI makes almost laughable.

Has to be worse ccTLD ever

We will have a reg in it soon, since it 'looks good' but I doubt we'll ever really use it

I'd prefer the name in .tech or .technology or .systems or some of the new tld's that are legit technology tld's and not some marketing scam like .co and .ws

.ai is and always will be a lame ccTLD yet for now some going no where fast AI wanna be's are sure using it

Interesting to watch it, but no big money selling in it, unless you consider low 5X big money

Probably a 'good' ccTLD though to churn and burn tech terms related to AI

But I really HATE this tld

•••
While AI is indeed a hot new industry with lot's of startups that will never ever do anything, the fact most of them are using .AI makes almost laughable.

Has to be worse ccTLD ever

We will have a reg in it soon, since it 'looks good' but I doubt we'll ever really use it

I'd prefer the name in .tech or .technology or .systems or some of the new tld's that are legit technology tld's and not some marketing scam like .co and .ws

.ai is and always will be a lame ccTLD yet for now some going no where fast AI wanna be's are sure using it

Interesting to watch it, but no big money selling in it, unless you consider low 5X big money

Probably a 'good' ccTLD though to churn and burn tech terms related to AI

But I really HATE this tld

some really strong feelings there!

marketing types love to slap a tag on something to make it seem "modern" - in the 80s it was "turbo", in the noughties it was "digital" - everything from sofas to toasters to vacuum cleaners got the tag to make them seem modern and must-have - I could imagine the same happening with "A.I."

But if dot-AI want to cash in on the wave, they need to up their game, or it will pass them by.

•••
•••
Renewal is too high at about $100 / year.

Registrations and renewals are for 2 years at $100.... $50/yr. Prior to the initial registration there is a $100 signup fee. So... the first 2 years for a single domain will indeed cost $200. Signup fee is one-time only. The registrars that will do it for $159 have already signed up, so they make $59 on the sale.

Doing a bulk query, I was unable to find any 2L .ai domains. There are thousands of .ai domains registered and in active use. It's not the easiest domain to register, but that definitely shouldn't stop a startup (it certainly deters flippers). Several years ago .ai was one of the few .xx suffixes that did not require a trailing "dot" for URLs and e-mails. The Anguilla registry has been humming along for a very long time, but they don't play by "gold rush" rules.

https://www.cbinsights.com/blog/artificial-intelligence-startup-hype-ai-suffix/

Hundreds of AI products and startups are coming this year. It's mainstream now... mostly thanks to things like TensorFlow and BigML.

http://www.cio.com/article/3152803/...be-big-year-for-ai-thanks-to-tech-giants.html

To me it's like saying, I would have bought stock in Netflix and Tesla, but the price was too high. It's never too early to buy a good investment... but it can be too late. 4L.COM anyone?

Aside: I have left.ai, won.ai, and a few others.

•••
I once had quite a few .AI domains and the registry was run by ONE single guy acting like a dictator, threatening to cancel my domains. Granted this was around 2006, you had to even pay a fee to "verify" your account. System was completely antiquated.

All still true! Ha.

•••
All still true! Ha.

Still no EPP - but promised next month

If Vince isn't careful, and takes some serious steps to modernise the situation, dragging it kicking & screaming into the 90s, then someone's going to turn up with a big wad of cash, say "look at what happened to TV & IO", and take it away from him.

If the TLD is going to make real money, which I think it can, it has to come off island or the D/DoS alone will take out the entire island's internet - and the big registrars will never put up with the reliability & latency issues involved.

IO used to be run just like this (every new registration had to manually approved by one guy!), but after a new system went in, with decent bandwidth & fully RFC compliant EPP, registrations exploded.

Well, that my 2c worth.

"My opinion is worth what you paid for it"

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back