Dynadot

Show off your customized parked pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Show off your customized parked pages!

Hi everyone,

I would love to see examples of what other people have come up in terms of customizing their parked pages. I think this is a good idea since it will inspire people to do better with their pages when they see what can be done with the limited customize options.

To kick it off, here are a few of my custom pages at Bodis:

http://MountainViewAreaCodes.com (Problem is, I think I am giving people what they want, the area codes, so there is no need for them to click anything!)

http://Bandylegged.com (Silly handdrawn logo using Paint and goofy pirate text using as many pirate buzz words as I can muster in a tiny space.)

http://PartituraDeAccordionGratis.com (My attempt at a Spanish site. My limited Spanish vocabulary forced me to double check it all using Babelfish. Wish the links could be in Spanish too. But yes, that LONG url does get visits!)

BTW, this thread does not have to be limited to Bodis. Feel free to show off some of Parked.com's new features too!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MUCH better, in my opinion - but the important thing is, what do YOU think?

Ok, now you want a white background for your added text - if possible, put it in a table, and use a 12px cell padding, 0px spacing, and 100% width. Then go to the advanced tab, and set the table background to be white. And your picture should have 3 to 5px spacing around it as well. You should be able to right click on it and set the horizontal and vertical spacing.

Try it!

•••
•••
It's nice to see what other people are doing to enhance their parked pages.

I would appreciate any thoughts on a page I just finished.

It is located at www.sidneycrosby.ca

I have 2 questions if I may,

Are the links to websites in the center or the page allowed for parked pages? I figured if they allow rss feeds and outside video, it should be alright.

Secondly, is there any way to change the colour of the text in the "yellow" bars? I would prefer the text in black.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Sags

Last edited:
•••
I see most of people using Parked, it is really nice to have a lot of template and nice skins.
I just made some more page with WhyPark (I do not have Parked yet! sad):
www.vnr500.com
www.naturavita.com
www.miniturbo.com
Hopefully I will have parked account soon

•••
Great colour combination sag. I believe it's not possible to change the colour of the text at this moment. Don't know the answer to the other question but I would suspect it is NO.

Here are some more:
wifireviews.info - novapac.info - belarey.com - BigGameSafari.info

GIL :)

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
MUCH better, in my opinion - but the important thing is, what do YOU think?

Ok, now you want a white background for your added text - if possible, put it in a table, and use a 12px cell padding, 0px spacing, and 100% width. Then go to the advanced tab, and set the table background to be white. And your picture should have 3 to 5px spacing around it as well. You should be able to right click on it and set the horizontal and vertical spacing.

Try it!
Wow, that was a "ride", i've never went into that much detail before. I'm hoping it checks out now,..what do you think?

(i can't rep you anymore,..apparently i'm too fond of you as it is ;) )

IB

•••
IB, Great picture of the TaxMan

Here are some more:
Stressanalyze.com - TigerFishing.info - EthanolFlexFuel.info - MadeiraEmbroidery.info

Last edited:
•••
IntelBank.com said:
Wow, that was a "ride", i've never went into that much detail before. I'm hoping it checks out now,..what do you think?

IB

Heh, well, I know, I'm maybe a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to these things. Probably why it takes me so long to get my domains customized the way I want. On the other hand, I'm getting an average $1.02 per click this month, across all domains in Parked. Does it help? I dunno, but I like the numbers.

Now, me, I'd probably go back and make your table 100% width to match the rest of the page, and take out the border - but regardless I think it's definitely more readable now, don't you?

It's actually a little similar in color scheme to one I created: www.suboxone911.com - maybe that's where my prejudices came in... if so, sorry about that. How do YOU think it looks?

•••
•••
Ok the one I have loved the best .....

Mind u it is not mine but I thought it would be wortha share...

s u p e r e x o t i c dot com

•••
I still use WP for www.internationalboy.com, www.isos.info
Still waiting for good news from parked.

evilopinions said:

I really like your parking site.

•••
evilopinions said:

Yes i'ts definately super and exoticxitting.

Here's a few more:
novastyle.info - greatolympians.info - best4loans.info - NovaRingtones.com

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
How do YOU think it looks?
Looks absolutely great!! What's your CTR on this one?

For some reason my CTR on the tax domain has tanked from 28.21% yesterday to 12.12% for today (as of right now). I hope that changes, it's between consistently above $1.30 per click, so every click truly does make a difference..

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Looks absolutely great!! What's your CTR on this one?

For some reason my CTR on the tax domain has tanked from 28.21% yesterday to 12.12% for today (as of right now). I hope that changes, it's between consistently above $1.30 per click, so every click truly does make a difference..

IB

For the month it's 72.22%, but that includes a bunch of views from me when I was optimizing it, and from forum members from my posting it here. I suspect it would be closer to 90% without that.

You can't go by one day's worth of stats - too many variables and anomalies. If it tanks for a week - then I'd be worried.

•••
netmeg said:
For the month it's 72.22%, but that includes a bunch of views from me when I was optimizing it, and from forum members from my posting it here. I suspect it would be closer to 90% without that.

You can't go by one day's worth of stats - too many variables and anomalies. If it tanks for a week - then I'd be worried.

Umm... can I hire you? :hehe:

But in all seriousness, do you mind if I ask how many domains you have in your portfolio there? I'm thinking that if I shed my parked.com portfolio down to the domains that are actually performing well, and optimize them, and then slowly add more and more as I find the time to optimize them, then hopefully my stats will start to increase to these phenomenal numbers that I see you guys posting.

Oh, and seriously, what would it cost to hire you to optimize my domains on a per domain basis. :)

•••
netmeg said:

Yeah, i think i'm spoiled. My other domains get anywhere between 70-275% CTR, depending on the domain. GPS.vc is blowing through the roof. Helicoptertraining.info has yet to see a day under 70%. Of course, there are "off days", but in the grand scheme, i'm very pleased. Of course, a 12.12% is suddenly an eye sore then. :lol:

Thanks Meg, I appreciate your help and input!

IB

•••
bradskid said:
Umm... can I hire you? :hehe:

But in all seriousness, do you mind if I ask how many domains you have in your portfolio there? I'm thinking that if I shed my parked.com portfolio down to the domains that are actually performing well, and optimize them, and then slowly add more and more as I find the time to optimize them, then hopefully my stats will start to increase to these phenomenal numbers that I see you guys posting.

Oh, and seriously, what would it cost to hire you to optimize my domains on a per domain basis. :)

I have 157 domains at Parked just now. Dude, I don't have time to get all my OWN domains optmized, let alone take on yours !

•••
Ok, another domain - this one is leaving me totally puzzled.

www.HottestWhips.com - (not adult). Gets 30 (average) unique Type-Ins/Day! but zero clicks.

I've set the site up to reflect Hot Rods, Sports Cars, etc. but can't seem to generate any CTR whatsoever. So, either i built it completely wrong or i chose the wrong topic? Unfortunately, if i don't get any clicks, i don't see an option to determine what the search terms are that lead people to click on anything.

IB

•••
archive.org shows "Cars n Babes" as the topic for this site in 2006

HottestWhips, longer version of Hot whips

"Hot whips and tricked out car photos"

Go for "nutty" teenager cars, not old type lay leno. Whips is a younger term, and is about custonizing, not drag racing or stock ferarris.

Try showing custon cars a 20 year old would own with a hot girl in it.

Last edited:
•••
And whatever picture you use, put some padding around it so the text doesn't rub right up against it.

Sports Cars is good, I'm all about that. I come from a sports car background; my father brought the AC Cobra to market for Ford, back in the 60's.

•••
johname said:
archive.org shows "Cars n Babes" as the topic for this site in 2006

HottestWhips, longer version of Hot whips

"Hot whips and tricked out car photos"

Go for "nutty" teenager cars, not old type lay leno. Whips is a younger term, and is about custonizing, not drag racing or stock ferarris.

Try showing custon cars a 20 year old would own with a hot girl in it.
VERY! good points! Thanks John!

Rep+

IB

•••
•••
rexvnus said:
I got Parked account already. This is my very first Parked page, www.hornygirlfriends.com
How did you get by without the Adult Notification?????

www.hottestwhips.com is almost completely redone now. Custom images, different pictures in the content section, trying to appeal to the Mustang driver all the way to the Street Racer.

IB

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back