Dynadot

Shoutserv.com Dead & Buried?

NameSilo
Watch
I have an account that was hosted at shoutserv.com, and it's been over a week now since the last time I was able to access the site. What's up with shoutserv, is it gone forever?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Appears so, That is very unfortunate. Good luck with your future hosting!

•••
If they're gone for even a couple of days, time to move.

•••
•••
•••
I would say that it's dead. Like CrazyTech said, if your host is gone for more than a couple of days, it's time to go.

•••
Thats very poor practice to have down time without an announcement. The very best case scenario is that they relocated servers to a larger, better equipped building. However, even when that occurs, downtime is usually no more than 8 hours under the very worst moving situation.

I would try to contact paypal or your credit card company to seek a refund if you've pre-paid.

•••
haven't your heard? ShoutServ s a scammer, and a over-seller, they even moved into a new site which i will not post here because people will fall into their trap again

•••
haven't your heard? ShoutServ s a scammer, and a over-seller, they even moved into a new site which i will not post here because people will fall into their trap again

Happens over and over again. If that is true, they're just another in a long line unfortunately taking advantage of people out there.

•••
They're up again. So fortunately I've found my files...I'm creating the back up right now. I don't know whether the person is a scammer or not. But I think they just lack experience & dedication.

•••
May be it was time of moving for them..

•••
If things are like that I would say run as fast as yo can.
Even if they are not a scammer, a downtime of for a week is never acceptable. If that is the case for their own website, it can be only worse for customer's sites/servers.

Ahh. Just checked their site. They are providing unlimited disk space/ BW. So on th etop of the overselling too.

•••
I agree that a one week downtime can't be tolerated. Time is money and that's the essence of any successful business. :S

•••
They are selling unlimited space and bandwidth... people should of already realised they are never reliable.

•••
Guys, how many times must I say it, a staff at ShoutServ who USE TO work there (will not name his name) told me that they unplugged their servers because they were receiving too much SPAM to their email. So they officially unplugged it, or so i heard.

My friend signed up, got downtimes 50% of the month, OVER SELLERS, and scammer. They had poor support ( as i was a client with them before) and they never refunded him nor me.

Waste of money!

Their support never asnwered me for 3 weeks until Ashley (the owner) replied arguing with me to wait. So i quitted, backed up my money from my pocket, and got a better host.

•••
Yeah they're horrible.

I talked to Ashley via MSN, and she even gave me administrative access just to give bogus replies to peoples' PMs.

Hilarious lol.

•••
Oh that was great to hear :)

•••
As expected unlimited space and bandwidth a bad combination in themselves then add on the one time payments and you got some unreliable hosting eventually. People don't seem to learn though, another shoutserv like host is going to come advertising in forums and get a bunch of customers the same way. Then once they make money and it looks to start losing they'll go down so they make a profit at the end of the day with their oen time payments.

•••
they don't take care of their servers at all. They just leave it as it is, thats why they have one-time payments.

•••
•••
In their blog, they stated hostingSpace4u.com is related to ShoutServ, they are not.

Because they stated their Ip's may be similiar, but they are not, if you look closely, they are not the same match.

However, people seem to blame them as ShoutServ because Hostingspace4u could have just rip off their template? or simply wanted to develop a new web-hosting using a free template off a site?

If it was ShoutServ, I'd think they would have done their templates a little more professionally.

But who knows, maybe their just masking away their info, and trying to start out fresh.

•••
Shoutserv was a scam, simply a scam. They completely screwed over KwiX-Host.
They are slow, a scam, etc. And hostingspace4u.com is shoutserv, and the admin has EXTREMELY bad English. I don't suggest signing up with them.

•••
Shoutserv was up about a week ago so I was able to get all my files back, thank goodness! I was reading on another forum that the person who owns shoutserv is dyslexic so he/she writes that way.

I don't really know if they're truly a scam site, I don't know if they had bad intentions (to rip people off). But I do know they lack experience and dedication. When you're dealing with people's sites - which in many cases is also a business...you can't lack experience and dedication.

•••
Sakura said:
In their blog, they stated hostingSpace4u.com is related to ShoutServ, they are not.

But who knows, maybe their just masking away their info, and trying to start out fresh.
i disagree
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1479/shoutservys2.jpg
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/9008/alphazt6.jpg

Sakura said:
Guys, how many times must I say it, a staff at ShoutServ who USE TO work there (will not name his name) told me that they unplugged their servers because they were receiving too much SPAM to their email. So they officially unplugged it, or so i heard.
Thats the stuplidest lie I've ever heard. They deal with support through support tickets because i got a reply, and dont reply to their emails.

btw, these people also run http://numberonehost.co.uk/
i know so because i received a reply from them when i was a shoutserv customer

•••
They had a problem with warez being discovered on their datacenter.

The site's been down but the owner tried to sell me a VPS the other day lol. And I almost fell for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back