Dynadot

Shoutserv.com Dead & Buried?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have an account that was hosted at shoutserv.com, and it's been over a week now since the last time I was able to access the site. What's up with shoutserv, is it gone forever?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Frikkle said:
They had a problem with warez being discovered on their datacenter.

The site's been down but the owner tried to sell me a VPS the other day lol. And I almost fell for it.

Having warez on their server and being brought down for weeks is not much of a valid excuse. Never had a machine shut down for a complaint because the complaints actually got dealt with. But it would not surprise me if the complaints were ignored by shoutserv.

•••
i emailed them asking why their site was down
they said it was dns
i replied asking whether they shut it down delibratly to run webhosting4u and i got no reply

•••
desbest said:
Sakura said:
In their blog, they stated hostingSpace4u.com is related to ShoutServ, they are not.

But who knows, maybe their just masking away their info, and trying to start out fresh.
i disagree
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1479/shoutservys2.jpg
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/9008/alphazt6.jpg

Sakura said:
Guys, how many times must I say it, a staff at ShoutServ who USE TO work there (will not name his name) told me that they unplugged their servers because they were receiving too much SPAM to their email. So they officially unplugged it, or so i heard.
Thats the stuplidest lie I've ever heard. They deal with support through support tickets because i got a reply, and dont reply to their emails.

btw, these people also run http://numberonehost.co.uk/
i know so because i received a reply from them when i was a shoutserv customer

images, doesn't prove anything, for al I know, Aaron, who use to be a staff there, aka kwix-host.com

Proof of him saying it here:
http://kwix-host.com/index.php?showtopic=4911&st=80#

told me that it is NOT ShoutServ, because he has contact of ShoutServ.
Someone at kwix reported that HostingSpace4u.com is ripping off shoutserv template.

and now they changed it, look at hostingspace4u

http://kwix-host.com/index.php?showtopic=4911&st=80# :
Umm, you guys... We have pinned down the wrong guys, well that's what came from my email in the morning. Hostingspace4u probably copied Shoutserv because in the morning, my email inbox had a reply from Ash and it said that she pulled the plug due to lots of spam and they will put the server back up soon. And when I talk to the admin of hostingspace4u they sound really different and he has no idea of what happened to shoutserv. He says that just because he uses shoutserv's templates and stuff that he can't be called shoutserv. Let me deal with ash, so far she is cooperating with me and is trying to get our files back up.

http://kwix-host.com/index.php?showtopic=4911&st=120#
Hostingspace4u was just a suspicious website with the same template and the price (could or almost be the same) and the IP, I think someone said is similar or same as shoutserv. That's when everyone started agreeing hostingspace4u is shoutserv.

And dude, don't say i lied, because i didn't lie.
I use to be with Shoutserv because i was referred by kwix's banner, which they no longer do that (due to the bad service of ShoutServ), Aaron was giving me support by Email, PM, and ticket.

Not much of ticket though, they nvr replied to my ticket, so i asked Aaron for his email, since he told me he use to work there. kwix no longer wants to deal with ShoutServ anymore.
Grunt

Master Merlin is an unknown quantity at this point
hostingspace4u.com isn't owned by shoutserv same for kwix-host.com
I would suggest you to know something before you write s***t!

And plus, I know who owns hostingspace4u, and i've talked to them.
check their new site.

Another staff that use to work there that gave me support was Nickcmp, or just Nick, who was banned from DP, and he no longer works there anymore also. Maybe cuz ShoutServ is being runned by little kids? Nick isn't even old enough yet!

I know what i'm talking about, I'm sorry, but when someone calls me a liar, i get a little defensive. Sorry buddy.

Frikkle said:
They had a problem with warez being discovered on their datacenter.

The site's been down but the owner tried to sell me a VPS the other day lol. And I almost fell for it.

Yeah your are right, there was warez on their site, and I know like 4 members who put warez into their Datacenter , or SAVVIS network.

there was some that were hacking , and DDOS the server.

I forgot where i found that, in was in some forum, that got deleted, about hating shoutserv, and some hackers went DDOS their server (Ip), and spamming their emails like crazy.

Last edited:
•••
It's really unfortunate if they were receiving way too much spam. But it wasn't right for them to disappoint the other customers who were relying on them for their individual businesses.

•••
dezinerite said:
It's really unfortunate if they were receiving way too much spam. But it wasn't right for them to disappoint the other customers who were relying on them for their individual businesses.

yeah, it sucks though, my friend bough an alpha master reseller from them, and they scammed him $160.

I knew one-time $160 was really suspicious.

I added some kwix links in my post above

desbest, i don't think they own numbeonehost.co.uk

I've heard they partnered with them, and over-took a server.

But i'm not exactly sure.

•••
its obvious why they shut down when you think about it
their server ran out of space or bandwidth so they started afresh to make more money

•••
desbest said:
its obvious why they shut down when you think about it
their server ran out of space or bandwidth so they started afresh to make more money

Yeah, but it wasn't only because they were runing out of space.

So far alll i knew about their server is that :
- Nick allowed Proxy on SS server, when Ashley did not
- People were making download sites taking up more then 230GB+
- I don't the server even has that much space!
- Ashley suspended some people to reduce space/bandwidth

And he bought a server selling off VPS as stated by Frikkle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back