IT.COM

Should search engine bots be banned from NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

should search engines publish your prices/thoughts

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

vote
    11.1%
  • No

votes
    33.3%
  • Its a public forum so it should be open to all

votes
    33.3%
  • This information should be for members only

votes
    22.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
After reading this thread http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17381
i see a lot of people including me are dont like search engine bots making public reseller prices ect... To quote tippy on this subject..

Originally posted by Tippy
I post prices here, reseller prices and my end users can see this when they search my Domain at Yahoo, not good at all... I will be changing my posting method.

Mike

so ive made this poll to see peoples thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion I think that search engine bots should be allowed, but they should physically have to go to page and not take the content. That way people can find answers to questions they may have.

•••
I think it should be members only.

•••
I personally dont think it should. That is how I found namepros in the first place. I was searching google for information about domains and found postings at np. The power of being indexed like this is helpful for those searching info and also to mr. RJ. Everybody wins. If you are concerned about privacy, which I am sure everybody is then being on the internet isn't such a great start.

•••
i think it should allow the bot. some people searching for question might find namepros having the answer.

•••
Limiting bots would adversely affect the traffic to the site...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back