domain Should I sell this domain at this price? - iyge.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

begbunny

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I have put the domain name '' iyge.com '' in a 7-day auction on godaddy. There are 10 hours left of the auction and the last bid is $106, should I sell for $106 if no new bids arrive within 10 hours?
I thought this domain was worth more than $106.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, I have put the domain name '' iyge.com '' in a 7-day auction on godaddy. There are 10 hours left of the auction and the last bid is $106, should I sell for $106 if no new bids arrive within 10 hours?
I thought this domain was worth more than $106.
GD is strict about banning people that don't honor sales. You need to be careful what you list. Can't say the winner paid too little and not honor sale. If it ends too low you will just have to take a $ loss.

•••
and in that case your $200 purchase (of said domain) was Scary - to say the least. What the hell was you thinking ... PS my UK pounds are diving to but only because we have Boris and and a Not so sure policy on anything.

Boris Johnson our PM

Last edited:
•••
GD is strict about banning people that don't honor sales. You need to be careful what you list. Can't say the winner paid too little and not honor sale. If it ends too low you will just have to take a $ loss.
Last bid is $140, if it runs out at this price I will sell. I'll lose $60, but I learned something.

•••
Last bid is $140, if it runs out at this price I will sell. I'll lose $60, but I learned something.
Yeah, sorry for your loss. But, yeah it just happens sometimes even to the best of us.

•••
and in that case your $200 purchase (of said domain) was Scary - to say the least. What the hell was you thinking ... PS my UK pounds are diving to
I thought the letter y was global... My Turkish lira is not very good at diving :D 200 dollars is almost equivalent to my 1 month salary :)

Last edited:
•••
Remember you do not have a choice about selling. You started the auction , Now you honour (UK) it

Last edited:
•••
can you tell us what the highest bid was?

•••
can you tell us what the highest bid was?
The highest bid is yours with $140. But godaddy was going to deliver me $112. This is outright fraud.

•••
The highest bid is yours with $140. But godaddy was going to deliver me $112. This is outright fraud.
no. godaddy sent me an email late at night letting me know that i was outbid. i did not bid after that.

•••

I'm not saying their commission isn't a ripoff, but you should have made yourself familiar with their market rules before starting an auction.

Just goes to show how important research and calculation is. Maybe you've learned something.

•••
•••
•••
Auctions are not good most of the time unless you want resell value. It would be better to sell the 4 letter on this forum.

•••
Experience has a price.

But, you're learning something.

•••
You should have maybe done more reading about the auction process before jumping in and risking something that is so much money to you.

You cant back out of an auction. Once its running you have to honour the bid, even if its only $1.
If you want it to sell for $400, then put either a BIN or reserve of $400.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back