domain Should I sell this domain at this price? - iyge.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

begbunny

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I have put the domain name '' iyge.com '' in a 7-day auction on godaddy. There are 10 hours left of the auction and the last bid is $106, should I sell for $106 if no new bids arrive within 10 hours?
I thought this domain was worth more than $106.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most bidding action takes place at the end. 4 letter .com domains wholesale from just over $100 to a few hundred unless premium or pronounceable.

I would expect this to close in the 2-400 range. But who knows what can happen at auction. How many bidders are there right now?

•••
i just became the high bidder at 140. lets see what happens.

•••
Remember you do not have a choice about selling. You started the auction , Now you honour (UK) it

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you for expressing your opinion. I made a wrong investment with my last money. it was a sad experience
Hey it's a live and learn experience . If only I knew 23 years ago (when i started with domains) , what I know now. OH Man, I would be sitting in Seventh Heaven today. And that would be just from the domains I registered - NOT the could've been.

You can read (and should) all the best advice ever given. But as any manager of any process will tell you, You will never really learn until your at the Coal Face

Last edited:
•••
Sorry but I have to laugh. Have you ever tried to argue with Godaddy over anything... because that would be part of your learning process.

Just take everything in your stride - It appears to be a small loss lesson, nothing more. Save your battles for something worthwhile.

I would be reluctant to encourage anybody into domains today. But you sound like your willing to put some thought into buying. (and feel the pain of losing) that's a good grounding

Last edited:
•••
GD is strict about banning people that don't honor sales. You need to be careful what you list. Can't say the winner paid too little and not honor sale. If it ends too low you will just have to take a $ loss.
Last bid is $140, if it runs out at this price I will sell. I'll lose $60, but I learned something.

•••
Last bid is $140, if it runs out at this price I will sell. I'll lose $60, but I learned something.
Yeah, sorry for your loss. But, yeah it just happens sometimes even to the best of us.

•••
and in that case your $200 purchase (of said domain) was Scary - to say the least. What the hell was you thinking ... PS my UK pounds are diving to
I thought the letter y was global... My Turkish lira is not very good at diving :D 200 dollars is almost equivalent to my 1 month salary :)

Last edited:
•••
$100-$150 is a fair price for that domain.

By the way, if it is already on auction you have to sell at the price the auction will end, you like it or not.

•••
i placed several bids. i was up against an automatic bidder, but he maxed out at 130.
i just did a whois check and i can't believe you put it in a godaddy auction when you have it registered until june 2025!

Last edited:
•••
Lets face it. It's pretty much a random 4 letter of the far less than perfect kind. Somebody may well have a use for it (somebody in Eastern Europe)
If you bought at $200, it was a random punt, just the same as the auction. Nothing wrong with that so long as you can afford to mess around with $200. No I certainly don't think this was ever going to return a profit on your original investment
Thank you for expressing your opinion. I made a wrong investment with my last money. it was a sad experience

•••
Frankly, I thought this way. It contains vowels, it uses global letters instead of letters such as q, x, j. In addition, similar domains are sold on godaddy at the following prices:
I would be grateful if you could let me know what parts I got wrong 🙏
First of all, 'y' is not a global letter.
Secondly, it's not really pronounceable, it's a random 4L.

Lastly, the first two and last domain on the similar domains list are much higher quality than your name. The 3rd and 4th are most likely end user sales.

You can't compare end user sales to auction prices. Plenty of shit domains have been sold to end users, doesn't mean a domainer would be willing to pay for those in auction.

•••
First of all, 'y' is not a global letter.
Secondly, it's not really pronounceable, it's a random 4L.

Lastly, the first two and last domain on the similar domains list are much higher quality than your name. The 3rd and 4th are most likely end user sales.

You can't compare end user sales to auction prices. Plenty of shit domains have been sold to end users, doesn't mean a domainer would be willing to pay for those in auction.
When I called customer service to consult on this issue, they said that the sales prices there were the prices realized as a result of the auction. It means they got it wrong. Wouldn't godaddy be wrong in this case? for giving me false information

•••
Sorry but I have to laugh. Have you ever tried to argue with Godaddy over anything... because that would be part of your learning process.

Just take everything in your stride - It appears to be a small loss lesson, nothing more. Save your battles for something worthwhile
If you live in a country whose money is very worthless against the dollar, this is not a small loss.. 😄

•••
Hello, I have put the domain name '' iyge.com '' in a 7-day auction on godaddy. There are 10 hours left of the auction and the last bid is $106, should I sell for $106 if no new bids arrive within 10 hours?
I thought this domain was worth more than $106.
GD is strict about banning people that don't honor sales. You need to be careful what you list. Can't say the winner paid too little and not honor sale. If it ends too low you will just have to take a $ loss.

•••
and in that case your $200 purchase (of said domain) was Scary - to say the least. What the hell was you thinking ... PS my UK pounds are diving to but only because we have Boris and and a Not so sure policy on anything.

Boris Johnson our PM

Last edited:
•••
The highest bid is yours with $140. But godaddy was going to deliver me $112. This is outright fraud.
no. godaddy sent me an email late at night letting me know that i was outbid. i did not bid after that.

•••
The highest bid is yours with $140. But godaddy was going to deliver me $112. This is outright fraud.

I'm not saying their commission isn't a ripoff, but you should have made yourself familiar with their market rules before starting an auction.

Just goes to show how important research and calculation is. Maybe you've learned something.

•••
•••
•••
its an auction.. market determines the price bro cmon no changing mind

•••
•••
Wojak you should double down on your investment. This one is going to the moon in no time bro.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back