NameSilo

Should I go with a digit in domain or the word?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is better? Plain numeral digit or the word in alphabet form?

• 1st

Alphabet digit

votes
    66.7%
  • 2nd

Numeral digit

vote
    33.3%

• 3 votes
  • Ended 10 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
I want to register a company domain which is available in COMBO with....... a digit (as in the word itself), and also in the numeral version. As in (nnnn+word.com) or (lllll+word.com)

Which one is better? Obviously, the numeral version is much shorter, since it's just a digit to type in, but the numeral version looks tackier from my standpoint. I don't want both, just one....but in future someone may register the other version....will that become an issue?

Your sound opinions wanted :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
get both, direct to same place. Whichever you want to establish as your brand should be the main one.

BTW, it's ridiculous to say you don't want both now but may get it in the future. Is the extra $8 now going to kill your budget?

•••
get both, direct to same place. Whichever you want to establish as your brand should be the main one.

BTW, it's ridiculous to say you don't want both now but may get it in the future. Is the extra $8 now going to kill your budget?

@Datalife @The New Guy gave you the best possible suggestion. Reg both and update the poll with the 3rd option. $8??? more like $2 at GD

and create a new poll, asking which of the 2 dn is better one ;)

•••
I said $8 because I'm not a glutton for GoDaddy's punishment. ;)

•••
I would normally advice to get the alphabet version because numericals are always hard to pass the Radio Test and be well explained verbally. But if you go for regging both domains this wouldn't really matter and you can choose whichever feels best for you as primary ;)

•••
I want to register a company domain which is available

Register both version asap, ask questions after. Or you may regret it.

•••
Ok, I decided to get both versions :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back