Domain Empire

UDRP shopify.ai

Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
Today the company Shopify started a dispute with me regarding the name shopify.ai .
I have many excellent arguments, which I will describe later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And in Anguilla, scammers who open fraudulent crypto companies are banned, although yes, they respect the rules of the UDPR too. The administrator of Anguilla gave the name to the chisel-makers at my request. I'm not particularly worried about bureaucrats, if they want, let them pretend to work, they must eat something.

•••
There was no violation on my part, it was just that the fight was unfair, and the magic of big money worked.
If Proctor & Gamble had released "Shopify.ai" soap and made a website shopify.ai for it, Shopify would not even have gone into battle.
Can jberryhill give an example of when someone took the domain name of a powerful company?
Proctor would crush Shopify like a louse, and not one of the pack of sales lawyers would even nip in their direction.

Last edited:
•••
Your point being what?

As a ccTLD, they can adopt whatever rules they want.

How many letters are in "shopify"?
In this thread, not only "shopify" is discussed. It is in this subtopic that "shopify" is irrelevant. I expressed the opinion that it is illogical to make claims to names consisting of three characters or less. You gave counterexamples when brands consist of one, two, or three characters. But Anguilla took my side, as it turns out, even before this discussion. Apparently, the owners of one-, two- and three-character domains may not be afraid of rich companies. In Anguilla, I was told about this when I informed them that Elon Musk had started using the domain x.ai for his new company xAI and that I had requests to buy my domain xai.ai .
They even started asking me xverse.ai and brainx.ai
I have xxxx.ai and elon.ai also.
Once upon a time I sold xxx.ai for $27,182 (10,000 Eulers).

Last edited:
•••
589 .ai registered domain names ending with -ify.
In particular,

addressify.ai
agrify.ai
assistify.ai
augmentify.ai
authentify.ai
bankify.ai
blogify.ai
bookify.ai
botify.ai
clothify.ai
cloudify.ai
coinify.ai
dataify.ai
estatify.ai
flexify.ai
goodify.ai
humanify.ai
indexify.ai
jobify.ai
lawify.ai
marketify.ai
newsify.ai
oakify.ai
patentify.ai
questify.ai
robotify.ai
snapify.ai
techify.ai
unspotify.ai
visionverify.ai
webify.ai

As you can see, these names are formed according to the same method as "shopify", that is, they consist of a very common root and suffix "-ics". The full analog is especially indicative - registered name "storify.ai".

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Although I am sure of my victory, especially in the Kyiv District Court, in order not to be distracted from more important matters, I officially applied to Anguilla for a voluntary transfer of the name to Shopify.

•••
In any case, I will not contact this lawyer.
You know that our customs forbid contact with certain people.
I declared my readiness to voluntarily give up the domain if they change lawyers.

•••
These lawyers can defend a wealthy company for thirty pieces of silver, but they cannot defend the rights of a California pensioner robbed by another bourgeois company.

•••
Last edited:
•••
If you're going to sell it to them, ask for $1000, it's less than the cost of a UDRP. Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
If you're going to sell it to them, ask for $1000, it's less than the cost of a UDRP. Good luck.
They must have already paid fifteen hundred dollars for the complaint. And of course it could be. It seems they registered the name shopify.com.ai

Last edited:
•••
There are 269 such words in MoreWords, and 589 .ai names with the suffix "ify" have already been registered. My name metaversify.ai has become 590s, and maybe even more such names thanks to this advertisement, later I will talk about it. The ability of domainers to form words is already becoming a scientific and legal fact, just like vocabulary in dictionaries. If a word consists of a common root and a suffix, taking into account the word-forming power of domainers, it can be equated to existing words to dictionaries.

Even if the company came up with the word "shopify", Neal Stephenson
came up with the word "Metaverse", so he can now claim all the domain names that contain this word?

Last edited:
•••
The lawyers were only concerned about the company Shopify.
Apparently, they do not consider this problem simple, since they decided to hire lawyers for the dispute.

•••
The applicant filed a complaint with Canadian International Internet Dispute Resolution Centre (CIIDRC)
https://ciidrc.org

I consider it unfair for a dispute between a Canadian entity and a non-Canadian entity to be held in a Canadian entity. This should be considered in a neutral country. How can I withdraw?

•••
It's not impossible...its easy and what you have to do. You just have to understand and learn how.
If there is a trademark for "Metaverse" for confectionery products then you cannot use Metaverse for confectionery products.... you would have to use it for something else....to prevent infringement.
Can I register "Shopify" trademark for confectionery products in Ukraine?

•••
shopify. ai has Creation Date: 2017-12-15

It is not right.
Everything else makes sense.

•••
Let them continue. Then I will fight to the bitter end.

•••
Yes, I do not know English well, because I studied German. And now I have forgotten German. So, because of not knowing English, I first registered the name robotiks.ai, and only then corrected myself, registered and sold robotics.ai. But now robotiks.ai is also registered by someone. I believe that the mighty word-forming power of domainers (possibly from non-English speaking countries that do not take into account the foundations of the English language) should be taken into account as an objective and legal fact, now this is not taken into account properly.
And how many words with the root "store" are now registered, including "storify".
It's funny that these days, when there was a dispute about it, some strange spammers began to come to me with offers to open a store in shopify. Before that, they never existed. Although this is probably due to the fact that I googled the word "shopify".

Last edited:
•••
I would definitely open any defense with that statement. Don't forget to also question his heritage and his domicile status. That should make it an easy win
You are joking, but I am sure that you would be the first to hide your wallet away at the sight of him.

Last edited:
•••
Dude... you registered the domain hoping someone would buy it. Too bad for you, your only customer has a full time legal staff.
These were not his legal staff, these were third-party lawyers, mutts ready to serve whoever threw them a fatter bone.

•••
•••
Similar disputes should be held in a neutral country, and the commission should be chosen randomly immediately before the hearing so that a rich company does not have time to bribe the commission. Fighting with a fed-up commission in Canada is really pointless. It is indicative that the company also won a previous similar competition in Canada.
In Ukrainian courts, the judge is determined randomly. It is absurd that in domain disputes it is possible to choose the same pocket commission.

Last edited:
•••
A lawyer is often a transmission link for a bribe to an official, as reflected in the film

Wild Tales

You yourself showed how the decision pipeline by shopify names works.

Last edited:
•••
Lawyers, even when not employed by a rich company, subconsciously smell money and think in favor of the rich company.

•••
ai.com

Is corruption widespread in Canada?

Canada is generally considered to have a low level of corruption compared to many other countries in the world. Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index, which ranks countries based on perceived levels of corruption, consistently ranks Canada as one of the least corrupt countries in the world. In the 2021 index, Canada ranked 11th out of 180 countries, with a score of 81 out of 100, indicating a very low level of corruption.
However, this does not mean that Canada is completely free of corruption. There have been cases of corruption involving politicians, government officials, and business executives in Canada, and efforts to combat corruption and promote transparency and accountability are ongoing. Nonetheless, compared to many other countries, corruption is not considered to be widespread in Canada.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back