NameSilo

UDRP shopify.ai

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
Today the company Shopify started a dispute with me regarding the name shopify.ai .
I have many excellent arguments, which I will describe later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Truth is always concrete. Here we are talking about one specific domain.

•••
Why are these extremes?
Jberryhill showed how clearly the conveyor for taking names works.
This is how well-lubricated conveyors work.

•••
By the way, in order to get a surname, Gabrielan, I paid a bribe. I paid not even through a lawyer but through the so-called runner. A runner is a person who enters offices. He took money from me, ran around the offices with them, and I got this surname. So do not say that I do not understand the mechanisms of bribes.
Are there runners in North America? Or are all such issues decided by lawyers?

Last edited:
•••
I now decided to check the names like this.

ai.com

Did the word "lego" exist before the company Lego was founded?

No, the word "Lego" did not exist before the company Lego was founded. The word "Lego" was coined by the company's founder, Ole Kirk Christiansen, in 1934. The name "Lego" is derived from the Danish words "leg godt," which mean "play well." Initially, the company produced a variety of wooden toys and later switched to plastic toys, including the now-iconic Lego bricks, which were first introduced in 1949. Since then, the Lego brand has become synonymous with its colorful interlocking building blocks and has become one of the most recognized and beloved toy brands in the world.

•••
I have never used glasses and do not understand what kind of glasses they are, nor do I know much else from what you have given (ING, UBS, DW) . But I do know something. But legal protection of such short brands is still more difficult, isn't it?

Last edited:
•••
Shopify is a made up word...The company made it up and called their business that before you registered the domain. It is their trademark.

Almost all trademarks are made up words or combinations. You probably could trademark Metaversify if you want to use it for a business and claim it for own if you really want to.

I think they are going to win this one.
Here it is important to prove that in this name the main component is not shopify, but ai. They may have developed the word "shopify", but I developed the domain zone .ai . Before me, almost no one used this zone. There are a bunch of registered shopify names that Shopify company is not interested in, for example https://www.mydomaincontact.com/index.php?domain_name=shopify.am , but this name is of interest to them because it contains AI.

Last edited:
•••
Why is the company not fighting for the name shopify.am і shopify.vn and other similar names?

Because it is not so much the word that is important in the name as the addition of AI, that is, AI. This name collectively means "something to do with commerce and AI", not the name of this company plus AI.

Last edited:
•••
You're still trying to warp reality, but common sense doesn't work that way.

That's why you need to wake up from your deep sleep.
This is a meaningless statement that does not contain any arguments.
The same can be said about opponents with the same success.

Last edited:
•••
It's funny that I sold the name ip.ai (although after the resale it is not used in this sense) and now I have intellectualproperty.ai and copyright.ai . And yet bureaucrats and chimney-makers dare to accuse me of infringing intellectual property!

Last edited:
•••
A company can register a trademark from existing words, but then they will have fewer arguments in domain disputes. So, Shopify's lawyers use as an argument that the word "shopify" was invented by the company.
You apparently do not have the knack for solving issues with bribes, but this does not mean that your colleagues are also honest and clumsy.

•••

udrpify.com​

bribenify.com​

Names not taken

•••
I know that I know nothing

•••
It is not known whether such a trademark is registered in Anguilla.

•••
Now they offered $4,150 me for copyright.ai , but I'm so angry at the bureaucrats that I probably won't sell it. I need to increase prices to account for the hype around AI.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back