Dynadot

sales Shoes.com VS. Shoes.xyz

NameSilo
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That same risk applies to all domains.. across all TLD's.

Also, the amount of "What if's" are infinite.... What if the domain gets sold for $5000 next week, what if the owner of Shoes.com decides to grab the domain for $10 000.. yeah all unlikely what if's but still we can't accommodate for the what if's we can only deal with what is. :)

Lets also not forget that the guy who sold it for $400 likely picked it up for $1 and sold it relatively quickly for $400. So even that would have been good ROI.
I think it might have been sold via namejet as I remember the registry launched some of their premium keywords back in 2014 via namejet before even going live. Not sure through, but many keywords were released for auction on namejet as a marketing campaign.

Last edited:
•••
.xyz is simply junk. remember the hype 1-2 years ago? Google are using them, they are the new .com.

where are they now?

.cc, .co, .net,.org etc. are better options...

now that shoes.com is one of the most valuable domain names in .com can we conclude that shoes.xyz is one of the most valuable names in .xyz?

One of the most valuable .xyz worth $1000? What is a mediocre name worth then? $2?

Last edited:
•••
Don't understand how this even became a topic.

•••
.xyz is simply junk. remember the hype 1-2 years ago? Google are using them, they are the new .com.

where are they now?

.cc, .co, .net,.org etc. are better options...

now that shoes.com is one of the most valuable domain names in .com can we conclude that shoes.xyz is one of the most valuable names in .xyz?

One of the most valuable .xyz worth $1000? What is a mediocre name worth then? $2?

Lol, whilst I'm not defending .xyz - It's not one that I've invest much it..I think I have 2 .xyz domains in total... none the less I do not think they are simply junk as you put it.. ..but your entire logic is flawed drastically if you seriously concluding that like if Shoes.com is the most valuable .com then shoes.xyz is one of the most valuable .xyz domains..

Based on your logic then shoes would be one of the most valuble .info / .me / .tv domain as well?

shoes.me 1,049 USD 2011-12-14 Sedo
shoes.info 3,100 USD 2011-03-18 Sedo
shoes.tv 18,000 USD 2010-06-04 Sedo

But in actual fact the highest valued .info /.me / .tv domains were:

.info:
travel.info 116,000 USD 2007-07-31 Sedo
car.info 76,000 USD 2015-03-23 Sedo
newyork.info 70,000 USD 2007-07-31 Private

.Me
meet.me 450,000 USD 2011-11-23 Private
buy.me 148,350 USD 2012-10-10 Sedo
interest.me 80,000 USD 2012-05-30 Sedo

.TV
usa.tv 125,000 USD 2016-01-03 Donnied79
business.tv 100,999 USD 2010-05-06 Sedo
free.tv 100,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private

MYTH = BUSTED

Last edited:
•••
Lol, whilst I'm not defending .xyz - It's not one that I've invest much it..I think I have 2 .xyz domains in total... none the less I do not think they are simply junk as you put it.. ..but your entire logic is flawed drastically if you seriously concluding that like if Shoes.com is the most valuable .com then shoes.xyz is one of the most valuable .xyz domains..

Based on your logic then shoes would be one of the most valuble .info / .me / .tv domain as well?

shoes.me 1,049 USD 2011-12-14 Sedo
shoes.info 3,100 USD 2011-03-18 Sedo
shoes.tv 18,000 USD 2010-06-04 Sedo

But in actual fact the highest valued .info /.me / .tv domains were:

.info:
travel.info 116,000 USD 2007-07-31 Sedo
car.info 76,000 USD 2015-03-23 Sedo
newyork.info 70,000 USD 2007-07-31 Private

.Me
meet.me 450,000 USD 2011-11-23 Private
buy.me 148,350 USD 2012-10-10 Sedo
interest.me 80,000 USD 2012-05-30 Sedo

.TV
usa.tv 125,000 USD 2016-01-03 Donnied79
business.tv 100,999 USD 2010-05-06 Sedo
free.tv 100,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private

MYTH = BUSTED
I think what he was alluding to is when you see a .com sale that is in the several million dollars, sometimes you get small ripple sales by investors or news watchers who chase a story.

Since George K discovered this tidbit of info, the news is not really mainstream media.

Shoeme bankruptcy was well reported, and followup stories may lead to more reporting as everyone loves a good Walmart story.

The real story is walmart and Amazon going to war, which will be fun to watch.

People gamble out there, we see it everyday, the owner of the .xyz has a grand into it, and a $9M comp to sell their story.

Essentially we are all just selling a story to buyers. To be honest I have been down on gtlds as of late with all the fee increases, but I think the buyer who acquired it at namescon auction will make money at their $1k purchase price.

I know what .xyz has done with their 1 cent promos, I even got all these free .xyz at network solutions I didn't want, but you have to give Negari credit, he created buzz from nothing, and I wouldn't bet against him. Actually I have no idea what happens to these 1 cent regs when they come for renewal, but they always seem to pull something off.

Some domains sell for traffic, some for keyword makeup, others sell based on hype, and trend, don't be closed minded in this industry you will lose.

2 years ago we all could have grabbed one word .io, many of us thought it was insane, but that market took off, and there was an opportunity to really trade some good deals there, even if you thought the extension was garbage.

Last edited:
•••
I think what he was alluding to is when you see a .com sale that is in the several million dollars, sometimes you get small ripple sales by investors or news watchers who chase a story.

Since George K discovered this tidbit of info, the news is not really mainstream media.

Shoeme bankruptcy was well reported, and followup stories may lead to more reporting as everyone loves a good Walmart story.

The real story is walmart and Amazon going to war, which will be fun to watch.

People gamble out there, we see it everyday, the owner of the .xyz has a grand into it, and a $9M comp to sell their story.

Essentially we are all just selling a story to buyers. To be honest I have been down on gtlds as of late with all the fee increases, but I think the buyer who acquired it at namescon auction will make money at their $1k purchase price.

I know what .xyz has done with their 1 cent promos, I even got all these free .xyz at network solutions I didn't want, but you have to give Negari credit, he created buzz from nothing, and I wouldn't bet against him. Actually I have no idea what happens to these 1 cent regs when they come for renewal, but they always seem to pull something off.

Some domains sell for traffic, some for keyword makeup, others sell based on hype, and trend, don't be closed minded in this industry you will lose.

2 years ago we all could have grabbed one word .io, many of us thought it was insane, but that market took off, and there was an opportunity to really trade some good deals there, even if you thought the extension was garbage.

This is why I said to @dordomai that I do not think .xyz are simply "junk" as he puts it.... the market does exist for them, might not be high priced mega sales but the market exists and domainers can make money from them. I think the issue with the 1 cent registrations was the risk that they would be scooped up by spammers and end up tarnishing the image of .xyz, almost like what happened with .info but surprisingly enough I don't see much spam coming from .xyz domains in my inbox...I actually get more spam from .com/.net/.info.... lol

•••
Don`t understand why people are investing on those .xyz domains.
Anyone have an idea why?

•••
Yes .xyz is not very good because it's a second choice generic extension and it's not Super for SEO like the other non generic new gtld extensions...
But when I see that:
1.xyz sold for 181,720 USD in 2016
9.xyz sold for 175,166 USD in 2015
6.xyz sold for 125,000 USD in 2015
And Shoes.xyz sold for 1000 USD.
I think it's a little bit strange... :xf.confused:
if we do the same calculation with the .com we have:
Shoes.com = $9.000.000
And 1.com (don't exist) = $9.000.000 x 181 = $1.629.000.000 :xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••

I think you're being way too kind to the xyz. are you being paid by them HAHA! :ROFL:
Here is what I think is a more accurate representation:
71932_26d8555baf69797a61dd616b89706e17.jpg

Attachments

• DotCom-vs-DotXyz.jpg
    DotCom-vs-DotXyz.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 70
•••
Yes .xyz is not very good because it's a second choice generic extension and it's not Super for SEO like the other non generic new gtld extensions...
But when I see that:
1.xyz sold for 181,720 USD in 2016
9.xyz sold for 175,166 USD in 2015
6.xyz sold for 125,000 USD in 2015
And Shoes.xyz sold for 1000 USD.
I think it's a little bit strange... :xf.confused:
if we do the same calculation with the .com we have:
Shoes.com = $9.000.000
And 1.com (don't exist) = $9.000.000 x 181 = $1.629.000.000 :xf.eek:

that is because these China sales never were real money deals!

•••
I think it might have been sold via namejet as I remember the registry launched some of their premium keywords back in 2014 via namejet before even going live. Not sure through, but many keywords were released for auction on namejet as a marketing campaign.

Yes, I believe that is the case. I think this was sold directly by the registry @ NJ.

Buying something for $400 and selling it for $750 after fees is not that remarkable.

The ROI is certainly not sustainable when you factor in how slow domains are to sell, especially new extensions.

Brad

•••
ill just continue to sit on my pocket dot xyz domain and my other keyword xyz, i sold the rest and am just holding onto these until something like op happens to me, which can be tomorrow, or it can never happen.

It definitely does seem like a lottery ticket as someone suggested, don't get me wrong, you have guys on here who have already made xx,xxx total on all their sales of xyz keyword domains, but they had many many domains and a couple of them were bound to sell eventually,

•••
that is because these China sales never were real money deals!
Ok, for you these .xyz China sales never were real money deals.
But tell me: for you .com China sales are real money deals or not?

•••
Ohh @Wass if it is a dot Com sale they would believe it is real, no matter if its China sales or not.:happy:
There are more like him in here who says most of the highest new G sales are fake, they are ultimate G haters who just strictly invest on dot Coms and demarketing for G`s in this platform.
Trust me I know..

•••
Ohh @Wass if it is a dot Com sale they would believe it is real, no matter if its China sales or not.:happy:
There are more like him in here who says most of the highest new G sales are fake, they are ultimate G haters who just strictly invest on dot Coms and demarketing for G`s in this platform.
Trust me I know..
Fake or not, when all but 6 of the highest 50 .xyz sales are sold to Chinese for the purpose of rarity and collect ability instead of usability, it's pretty clear that the investment potential is put in the backseat. None of these will be turned around for profitability, which, you know, is the entire purpose of domain name investing

•••
Trust me I know..

you guys are completely clueless.. sorry.

Everyone knows that some chinese auction events produce a lot of fake sales does not matter if new G or .com

There are news stories and Namepros discussion about this. Don't you read these?

There was a Chinese auction event where domains like house.com sold for 2 million but the ownership never changed.

There is a Namepros discussion about some .xyz numeric high value sales from a specific auction house. This was a totally dodgy scheme and everyone with half a brain can see that unless blinded by greed.

That does not mean that all .xyz sales from China were fake but a lot of them were questionable.

read and make use of your brains instead of accusing others when they disagree with your confused nonsense.

you are so wrapped up in your idea that everyone who does not believe in your questionable predictions must be a hater that you don't see that some people are just pointing out the obvious to you.

if you don't like reality, I am sure it will not be difficult to find someone who will trade you a fantasy for your hard-earned money.

Last edited:
•••

Everyone knows that some chinese auction events produce a lot of fake sales does not matter if new G or .com

There are news stories and Namepros discussion about this. Don't you read these?

There was a Chinese auction event where domains like house.com sold for 2 million but the ownership never changed.

There is a Namepros discussion about some .xyz numeric high value sales from a specific auction house. This was a totally dodgy scheme and everyone with half a brain can see that unless blinded by greed.

That does not mean that all .xyz sales from China were fake but a lot of them were questionable.

read and make use of your brains instead of accusing others when they disagree with your confused nonsense.

you are so wrapped up in your idea that everyone who does not believe in your questionable predictions must be a hater that you don't see that some people are just pointing out the obvious to you.

if you don't like reality, I am sure it will not be difficult to find someone who will trade you a fantasy for your hard-earned money.
I personally do not like the .xyz, .net, .org
Only one thing I want to see: when there will be the next chinese sale of a .com for $10 Million, I want to see you and your timely comments on the fact that it is a fake sale. Just this.

•••

There was an auction event where domains like house.com sold for 2 million but the ownership never changed.

you are so wrapped up in your idea that everyone who does not believe in your predictions must be a hater that you don't see that some people are just pointing out the obvious to you.

I don`t believe every thread written in here.
Those sales are reported on DN Journal so I choose to have a half brain than believing in you or others who say that they were fake sales without any backups or proof given.

•••

How do you know the owner never changed? Who knew the owner of the house.com before it is reported that it was sold?
You read it on internet and believe it or what?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
@dordomai We all know that winning experienced domainers enjoy their money and their successes and if they have not invested in ngtlds and they don't like ngtlds they do not lose more than a minute in a week in new gtld discussions...
And We all know that only a loser failing experienced domainers lose hours and hours in new gtld discussions talking bad about ngtlds without being a ngtld investor...They Afraid of the new gTLDs... :nailbiting:
:ROFL: I'm not really laughing. the losers situation is sad, very sad... :xf.frown:

Personally like I said before I do not like the .xyz, .net, .org... but I think the non-generic ngtld have a huge potential. (super SEO and that is a super important point, essential and Shorter): in other words for example Buy.Shoes is a super domain with huge potential...

Last edited:
•••
I'm not going to bother with reading all three pages that were posted before this. The summary is simple.. Shoes.com is worth millions, shoes.xyz is a wannabe that will be traded amongst domainers, not end users. People need to stop fooling themselves. These new tlds are not the next .com, they are cute, fun, quirky alternatives, but really a majority of the money invested in them is all domainer money, not end-user. There is no comparison.

•••
I'm not going to bother with reading all three pages that were posted before this. The summary is simple.. Shoes.com is worth millions, shoes.xyz is a wannabe that will be traded amongst domainers, not end users. People need to stop fooling themselves.
So my shoe backwards eohs.com is worth nothing? Aww boo thanks a lot! :clown:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back