IT.COM

advice Shane Cultra - When I First Started Out...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When I started out in this industry I was intimidated. I read the forums, the blogs, and went to the shows and saw all these people that were friends. Laughing and acting like they had been friends for life. Talking and spending more money in a night than I made in a month…or more. They were bidding on names that cost more than I made in a year. Yes, I felt insecure at that first conference. But there was one big difference between me and all these people that claim that there is a “Boys Club” in domaining that doesn’t include everyone. I tried to build relationships. Instead of complaining that I didn’t get a fair shake or that people ignored me, I simply introduced myself and told them a little about me. I didn’t spam their email boxes or press them for information. I smiled, shook some hands, and talked about domains. And I continued to do this for years. Eventually they got to know me and I got to know them. Little by little relationships and trust grew over the years until I am now one of those guys you see laughing and acting like some of these guys have been my friends for life. Now I am spending more on a domain than I made in a month. And I got there slowly...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back