IT.COM

Several new account change domain questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mowas Domains

Established Member
Impact
In terms of account changes (from one account to another in the same registrar i.e. GoDaddy to GoDaddy) for domains less than 60 days old, as a newbie, the more I read about how to do it,whether it's possible etc. the more confused I get. I could just be over complicating the whole process however I hope the questions that I ask will not only benefit me but the entire NamePros community who are in the same situation.

1) First of all I would like to ask whether it is actually possible to transfer my domain to another user in the same registrar, within the 60 day limit without it being locked to the buyer? If it is, could you please explain how to do this because the guide in GoDaddy is quite confusing. Link to guide: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

2) Even if the domain is more than 60 days old wouldn't another lock be imposed on this domain after transferring because the rules, as far as i'm aware, state that if you change the organisation, first or last name of the domain then a lock down will be applied.

3) Should I mention to potential buyers that they will have to wait 60 days to obtain the domain? Do you think they will still be interested?

4) What information is required for an account change in GoDaddy?

I look forward to your responses on this thread, thanks members at NamePros.:)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Yes.
2. Yes if you transfer it out to a new registrar it's considered a new registration so another 60 day lock applies.
3. Yes usually you mention something like "until X date you can get the domain to your account at Y registrar, after X date - anywhere".

•••
1. Yes.
2. Yes if you transfer it out to a new registrar it's considered a new registration so another 60 day lock applies.
3. Yes usually you mention something like "until X date you can get the domain to your account at Y registrar, after X date - anywhere".

Thank you for your response @golan.:)

1) If it is not too much to ask could you please help me understand how to perform this, as it would be really beneficial. I am looking, in the near future, to perform a domain transfer from one GoDaddy account to another but is less than 60 days old.

2) What about if i'm transferring from one account to another within the same registrar, in my case GoDaddy, will another 60 day lock be applied. This is what confuses me particularly as it intertwines with the first question.

3) Okay that makes sense.

•••
Transfer within one registrar usually called Push. At most registrars it's free. It doesn't cost a new 60 day lock transfer. The things are like these with most domainer friendly registrars - like Godaddy, Dynadot, Namesilo, Namecheap, Namebright, etc etc. But for some other registrars it could be different, like Gandi, which are a great registrar but just not domainer friendly. The best way is just to read the registrars knowledgebase or ask their support.

•••
If the domain is at GoDaddy you can email them at a particular email address and ask them to lift the 60 day transfer lock.

•••
If the domain is at GoDaddy you can email them at a particular email address and ask them to lift the 60 day transfer lock.

Thanks for your input.:) Do you think that it is guaranteed that they will lift it?

•••
•••
•••
@LucidDomains Could I also ask, am i able to actually transfer the domain to someone else within the 60 days or is it completely off limits? I ask this because GoDaddy seems to provide the option to transfer it, through the three step process.

•••
I can help you all day everyday but it's probably a lot easier for both of us if you call GoDaddy and talk to support.

•••
@LucidDomains I've already emailed them and I'll call them tomorrow, thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back