IT.COM

question New Icann Rules - Transfer Lock ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

metwebber

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I am about to buy a domain name. It will push my account in the same registry firm.
I would like to ask whether I can sell this domain and also push it to another account again in the same registry or I need to wait 60 days after gathering domain.

We dont need to wait for intracompany transfers but after some changes in the icann rules, I wanted to be sure.
Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
60 days lock is just applied to the domain names for outgoing transfers after a contact information change.

There's not an exact ICANN rule for changing ownerships in the same registrar.

•••
60 days lock is just applied to the domain names for outgoing transfers after a contact information change.

There's not an exact ICANN rule for changing ownerships in the same registrar.

Thanks, this rule has been already applied before changing rule ? I mean after transfering a domain to another firm, 60 days lock was applied. Am i wrong ?

•••
The common rule is when you initiate an incoming transfer from any registrar, you can not transfer it again to another one within 60 days, this is the old one.

New rule is, if the domain name is pushed into the other account in the same registrar, contact information change has been applied so need to wait 60 days for proceeding an outgoing transfer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back