IT.COM

Setting a price to the end user

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have an end user interested in buying the exact name .com of their company. They have 12 location in California and it's a health care business. How do I come up with a price??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just go in with a price you are happy with. Dont be greedy, thats the key to domaining :xf.smile:

It also depends on what you paid for the name as well.

•••
What you paid is not relevant to the end user. The potential market is more significant. If it's a generic name, then it's worth more that a company specific one that will get you into a court case if you ask too much for it.

•••
Don't be too greedy! Ask them to offer first, then you know where to set your expectations once they made the offer.

•••
What you paid is not relevant to the end user.

I meant its relevant to the seller, not the end-user. If you paid $1000 for the name, you wont be selling the name for $900..I just meant his price needs to be adjusted
accordingly. If I buy a name for $50, Im quite happy to sell it for high xxx or low x,xxx, thats not the case if I paid mid x,xxx for the name.

•••
I would NOT ask them to make an offer. You should know the price of your own product.

If you don't want to share the bame, search for similar sales on NameBio and that might give you a general idea.

•••
Hello,

Here is how I do mine. I believe you contacted them. If it is a hand reg and it is pretty straight forward. Do not be greedy. Give a price above what you are happy with and give room for price adjustment/negotiation.

•••
Thanks Folks, all great advice! At the end of the day, it boils down to a balance of not being greedy and not regretting the sale.

•••
how do you come up with a price, for a domain name and you don't even know what the name is?

dunno, uhhhh...

maybe write some varying prices down on 15 different pieces of paper

then put them pieces in a hat, then shake it up, then pull one out and that's The Price!

tah, dah

did they contact you or you solicited them?
how long you had the name?
does it get any traffic, does that traffic convert?
etc, etc..

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back