IT.COM

UDRP Sese.com: Premium CVCV domain challenged by UDRP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The domain Sese.com is a premium CVCV .com domain owned and operated by a Chinese company. A Spanish company filed a UDRP to usurp this 1999 registration but they failed. Both the domain’s registration date and date of acquisition by the Respondent predate the Complainant’s registration of the SESE mark in Spain.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"For the foregoing reasons..."

Glad to see the domain owner fight for this one.

I've got a clown throwing 'UDRP' around for a name I have priced at 2500. I told him he had a pretty good chance of winning and he should go ahead and send a couple grand to an attorney. :xf.wink:

•••
Enough with the “CVCV” nonsense.
Is it pronounceable? No, but it’s OK.

There are only 456,976 LLLL.com and it’s still valuable.

Last edited:
•••
"For the foregoing reasons..."

Glad to see the domain owner fight for this one.

I've got a clown throwing 'UDRP' around for a name I have priced at 2500. I told him he had a pretty good chance of winning and he should go ahead and send a couple grand to an attorney. :xf.wink:
How much does the attorneys charge normally on an average for these cases? Any idea?

•••
How much does the attorneys charge normally on an average for these cases? Any idea?
I'm sure it can vary widely but it seems I read that 2-4 grand to get things going. An old school domainer (no longer with us) once told me he priced 'questionable' names at 3K because it would generally be cheaper that someone starting a UDRP.

Perhaps @jberryhill would be kind enough to share some general pricing to initiate or defend a UDRP. Like any other litigation it would boil down to time & expenses.

I had a recent issue where an attorney/friend charged me $50 to fire off a couple warning letters for an issue that would have cost several thousand dollars to deal with if I had to sue. It was a successful move by him.

•••
All Chinese owners are pointed domains to scam or fishing so impossible to negotiate, always garbage redirects. If i saw ename or china in whois or their garbage ns, never go to the domain.
Udrp only the way to receive a domain from Chinese.

•••
Perhaps @jberryhill would be kind enough to share some general pricing to initiate or defend a UDRP.

It costs about the same amount to hire an excavator to dig a hole.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back