IT.COM

gTLD Service.xyz sold for $355 in eBay marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Saeid Nejati

AllMetaverse.coTop Member
Impact
Hello NPs!

This domain Service.xyz sold for $355 in ebay previous days ago.

Is this price fair for this one word .XYZ domains ? What do you think ?

service.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This domain is going to expire tomorrow (September 5) at Sav.com. The Renewal fees is $ 514.95

•••
If that was the best the current owner could get, then something is wrong. Service.xyz is a "liquid" name in the .XYZ tld. It should have easily gone for $1000 or much higher.

I'm not going to revisit the whole Swetha thing, but for whatever reason most people end up selling a name like this for $500 or so and then others easily sell it for $50,000.

Why does it happen ? I don't know, I don't care. I stopped trying to figure it out. But yeah, the renewal kills holding on to them for long.

Last edited:
•••
"If that was the best the current owner could get, then something is wrong."
What do you suspect? Can you please elaborate what would have went wrong?

•••
"If that was the best the current owner could get, then something is wrong."
What do you suspect? Can you please elaborate what would have went wrong?
No. Not going to start anything here. Just saying $355 is unbelievably low when I see stupid .XYZ names going for thousands or tens of thousands.

•••
If you don't mind the renewal, cool. If you do, ouch

•••
I won the auction for $355, there will be Renewal tomorrow $514.95. No issues renewing two or three or four times, still the I am expecting the selling price would be just fantastic.

•••
I won the auction for $355, there will be Renewal tomorrow $514.95. No issues renewing two or three or four times, still the I am expecting the selling price would be just fantastic
Congrats on the purchase!
If the seller doesn't transfer the domain prior to the expiration, is there any risk they would have to pay the renewal fee to do the sale?
Also, for your subsequent renewals, is there any guarantee that the company won't increase those fees next year or beyond? That would certainly be a relief for you, if the renewal costs remain the same or even go down for future years.

Last edited:
•••
Killer deal for the buyer, even with the renewal

•••
Killer deal for the buyer, even with the renewal
Hopefully. I mean if it was, why did it sell for so little. Anyway, only time will tell.

Here is its known history, for what it's worth:

2022-09-04 12_13_06-service.xyz Domain History August 2022 _ HosterStats.com.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's a solid term, rather generic.

In my view though premium renewal fees can really turn assets into liabilities quickly.

Brad

•••
Congrats on the purchase!
If the seller doesn't transfer the domain prior to the expiration, is there any risk they would have to pay the renewal fee to do the sale?
Also, for your subsequent renewals, is there any guarantee that the company won't increase those fees next year or beyond? That would certainly be a relief for you, if the renewal costs remain the same or even go down for future years.
The domain name is already in my account. There is no guarantee that there will not be any increase in renewal fees next year or thereafter.

•••
I won the auction for $355, there will be Renewal tomorrow $514.95. No issues renewing two or three or four times, still the I am expecting the selling price would be just fantastic.
Bravo on the sale. as @bmugford said, hope you turn a decent profit when those renewals start racking up. When you're in the hole for Low / Mid X,XXX in renewals and no sale over the course of 3,4,5 years, starts to become dicey. Hope you catch a serious end user

Last edited:
•••

I don't see any practical use of that domain to be honest. What service? Too general and abstract. It's also XYZ, which means if you are not Swetha, very hard to sell for decent money. Add the high renewal fee and you have a recipe for disaster. Even Com is for sale! Hope the owner of com is not 89 year old and still waiting for the domain to be sold for USD 2.000.000

Last edited:
•••
Bravo on the sale. as @bmugford said, hope you turn a decent profit when those renewals start racking up. When you're in the hole for Low / Mid X,XXX in renewals and no sale over the course of 2,3,4,5 years, starts to become dicey. Hope you catch a serious end user

The problem is even assuming a 2% sell-through rate, which is relatively high even for .COM, you would need 50 years of renewals on average to make a sale. At 1% that would be 100 years.

2% STR - $25,747.50 (Renewal fee at current price)
1% STR - $51,495.00 (Renewal fee at current price)

Those are the numbers just to break even. You need to have a much higher STR or sales price to make the math work.

I realize this is one domain, but it shows how these type of premiums don't scale well at normal sell-through rates.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The problem is even assuming a 2% sell-through rate, which is relatively high even for .COM, you would need 50 years of renewals on average to make a sale. At 1% that would be 100 years.

2% STR - $25,747.50 (Renewal fee at current price)
1% STR - $51,495.00 (Renewal fee at current price)

Those are the numbers just to break even. You need to have a much higher STR or sales price to make the math work.

I realize this is one domain, but it shows how these type of premiums don't scale well at normal sell-through rates.

Brad
Yeah, its horrendous

•••
Renewal could probably cost more.

•••
If that was the best the current owner could get, then something is wrong. Service.xyz is a "liquid" name in the .XYZ tld. It should have easily gone for $1000 or much higher.

I'm not going to revisit the whole Swetha thing, but for whatever reason most people end up selling a name like this for $500 or so and then others easily sell it for $50,000.

Why does it happen ? I don't know, I don't care. I stopped trying to figure it out. But yeah, the renewal kills holding on to them for long.
How many people go and search the word service? How brand-able is the word service? If it was .com then ok, it goes through the roof. But in .xyz I just don't see the intrinsic value?

•••
I think this where we should be differentiating between low-premium, mid-premium and high-premium domain names. I know where I rank this one, for sure.

•••
Swetha should have bought it for 10K, and then could easily sell for 100K (the rest of us can't).

•••
Swetha should have bought it for 10K, and then could easily sell for 100K (the rest of us can't).
How many domains does she have with premium renewals?
From her comments in the past, I don't think very many, if any.

Holding costs are really a factor when it comes to domain investment, and premium fees just make it that much harder.

Brad

•••
i believe swetha don't have domain with premium renewal

•••
It's a solid term, rather generic.

In my view though premium renewal fees can really turn assets into liabilities quickly.

Brad

a little too generic. it will have problem sell. but u know what dngear is from india another guy india also sold penxyz ..this guy here also india I think..so I'm starting think there is some going on with india and xyz.. I think maybe they all have big call centers and outbound xyz domains all day and nite... cause I heads In india there is most call centers.. this is good because it give work to people who need it and also sells domains for.domainers... u know what why dont I just move to india. maybe then i sell more too. I'm pretty sure dngear would hire me. I give her Roses works every time

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back