Dynadot

status-duplicate SEOing of old sales thread on NP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi,

I am facing a problem with the SEOing of old sales thread of NPs coz I bought a domain with low value and when I am trying to sell my domain for higher value. People google search the domain name and are able to see the sales thread and the price it went down for.

This is mostly happening for brandable catchy names and seldom for generic names.

Also people selling domains put in full domain name like "xyzabc.com 1$ auction in the title". Now it becomes difficult to sell such names.

What are your views?
Is there a possibility that sale forum archives are not SEOable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The solution is very simple, after you sell the name here, delete it from title/post and then close the thread.

•••
The solution is very simple, after you sell the name here, delete it from title/post and then close the thread.

I don't think you can edit the title of old threads?

•••
Very old threads are deleted by mods, I think. Anyway, a member can ask a mod to delete the thread explaining the situation.

•••
NamePros (like most other domain marketplaces / communities) has a terms of use agreement everyone agrees to when they sign up that outlines how the content is used in order to assist in the communities growth. It's common for a domain marketplace (most do) to keep some form of sales archive such as but not limited to: Archived threads, active threads, sales reports, sales rss feeds, monthly sales mailing list, etc.. It's important to have statistical data in any industry in order to understand it better. In this case things such as but not limited to: Trends, Valuation, Investment Research, Profit Potential, and More!

(Added note: Many archived threads help us combat future Fraud attempts and keep members safe.)

Even with the above in mind, we do offer a few options for you to try and hide your own sales history:

1.) You have up to 30 days from the time a thread is created to edit the title (As long as the threads not closed).
2.) You may edit your posts at any time (As long as the threads not closed).
3.) Alternately, you may click the report button on the left of the first post in your thread and request the thread be buried in the graveyard (ONLY thread starters may request a burial, for obvious reasons).

Buried threads are not indexable by search engines or accessible by other members.

Hope that helps,

Eric Lyon

Update:

Thanks,

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back