Dynadot

Domains less than a year old

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
They need their own sales thread where people have to put them into. I'm tired of wasting my time reading threads where people are just trying to make a quick flip buck and the domain was registered two months ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Auraka said:
They need their own sales thread where people have to put them into. I'm tired of wasting my time reading threads where people are just trying to make a quick flip buck and the domain was registered two months ago.

I'm not sure that we can dedicate (or reasonably oversee) a thread / furum based solely upon motivations or possible intent (ie., "quick flip", as you've referenced) ... but, overall, you might wish to request specific registration / acquistion dates/details directly from the seller(s) for those domains in which you may be interested, IMHO. :gl:

Just my two sense, I'd be interested in hearing other's opinions as well. :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
If you only want aged domains - Open a "Domains Wanted" thread asking for just that with any other requirements needed. Asking people to post expiration dates is one thing , But born on Dates in sales threads ? I really don't see the need myself. If I like a domain name - I really could care less if it's 10 years or 10 minutes old personally.

•••
Doesn't seem reasonable to me either, especially since sometimes like to flip and hand reg for $20 :P It can be daunting wading thru lots of posts and not finding the quality of names are looking for. I think that a good solution to this would be to require a domain in the title of sales threads, auctions.

Mark said:
If you only want aged domains - Open a "Domains Wanted" threads asking for just that with any other requirements needed.
this has always worked well for me, good advice..

•••
I think a board like that would be nearly impossible to run.

Think about it, who is going to use it? All kinds of people here seem to want domains a million years old, so few people will look in the "less than a year" board. With few buyers, people won't create threads in the board and use the boards they're using now anyway.

To make it mandatory would be hard, too. The mods would have to run a whois on every domain posted in the auctions, make offer, and fixed price boards - which isn't really feasible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back