Dynadot

.tv Send(.)tv and 1 other .tv sold this week

NameSilo
Watch
Hi all,
this week has been pretty good for me since I've sold Send(.)tv for 5K via Uniregistry (I've had this domain for 9 years) and sold Toon(.)tv.
I can't reveal the price of Toon but it's pretty decent and a very good ROI.
Both have been direct inquiries.
As always I think that .tv is one of the few TLD that can give great ROI without huge investments. On the other side don't expect to reg a .tv and sell it here on the forum because it would hardly happen

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Both great names, congratulations on believing in your gut instinct. What size portfolio do you have focused on .tv?

•••
Both great names, congratulations on believing in your gut instinct. What size portfolio do you have focused on .tv?

Hi Dan, I think 60% of my portfolio is .tv, more or less 250 domains. I prefer quality over quantity

•••
Hi all,
this week has been pretty good for me since I've sold Send(.)tv for 5K via Uniregistry (I've had this domain for 9 years) and sold Toon(.)tv.
As always I think that .tv is one of the few TLD that can give great ROI without huge investments. On the other side don't expect to reg a .tv and sell it here on the forum because it would hardly happen

Congrats Ale! Did you report Send.tv to DN Journal?

A

•••
Congratulations! great sales.

•••
Ironically, Toons.tv is owned by Rovio Entertainment, the creator of Angry Birds.

•••
Congrats Ale! Did you report Send.tv to DN Journal?

A

I will for sure. It's curious that we chatted some days ago and then I sold 2 domains in 2 days. You bring luck!

•••
Thanks for letting us know!

•••
I will for sure. It's curious that we chatted some days ago and then I sold 2 domains in 2 days. You bring luck!

I have sold a name since then too. LOL. We need to talk more. :)

•••
Hey Donny,

Congrats on (2) more Dot tv sales to end the year!
That is always nice going into the Christmas Holiday with a few more dollars. :)

As for both of your tv sales, can you elaborate a little bit?

Were they both at Uni?
Did you have a BIN on either/both or just a Make Offer ? If a make offer, what were the initial offers, $XX, $XXX?
And how long were your negotiations? Oh also, did you use a Uni broker or negotiate yourself?

Thanks

•••
Hi all,
Nice sale, some .tv names are pretty decent choices, when they make sense :)

•••
Hi all,
Great sales, I see the main key point of the information provided both of them were 4 letter one word .tv's

•••
Hey Donny,

Congrats on (2) more Dot tv sales to end the year!
That is always nice going into the Christmas Holiday with a few more dollars. :)

As for both of your tv sales, can you elaborate a little bit?

Were they both at Uni?
Did you have a BIN on either/both or just a Make Offer ? If a make offer, what were the initial offers, $XX, $XXX?
And how long were your negotiations? Oh also, did you use a Uni broker or negotiate yourself?

Thanks

I have all my domains parked at DomainNamesSales with Min offer of 2K. Send was sold at Uni since the buyer preferred to do it via Uni (first time I use them for a sale, I always use Escrow.com).
I always negotiate all my sales directly if I can. I used to work in sales for a multinational bank and had a portfolio of around 100M/years, so I'm used to negotiate :)
For send I just received an interest without offer, I asked 12.5K, they countered with 1K and then we meet at half in a couple of days.
Toon was a different story but I already knew the buyer, it took a little bit more but it has been quite more direct ("how much" "we can offer this, take it or leave it").

•••
I have all my domains parked at DomainNamesSales with Min offer of 2K. Send was sold at Uni since the buyer preferred to do it via Uni (first time I use them for a sale, I always use Escrow.com).
I always negotiate all my sales directly if I can. I used to work in sales for a multinational bank and had a portfolio of around 100M/years, so I'm used to negotiate :)
For send I just received an interest without offer, I asked 12.5K, they countered with 1K and then we meet at half in a couple of days.
Toon was a different story but I already knew the buyer, it took a little bit more but it has been quite more direct ("how much" "we can offer this, take it or leave it").

Awesome info there Donny. Thanks.

I have sold a bunch of Dot tv domains at DomainNameSales/Uni as well in past 10 years. Always with their own brokers doing the negotiating. Up until a year or so ago. I then brokered my own there once

Then i wanted to give DAN/Undeveloped a whirl. I moved all of my DNs to DAN prob around July-ish.

Based on your info here, i will probably move a bunch of my tvs back to Uni.

Thanks for the info. The backstory of negotiations is always fascinating to me. Keep up the great sales. Always look forward to seeing your posts Donny!

•••
Awesome info there Donny. Thanks.

I have sold a bunch of Dot tv domains at DomainNameSales/Uni as well in past 10 years. Always with their own brokers doing the negotiating. Up until a year or so ago. I then brokered my own there once

Then i wanted to give DAN/Undeveloped a whirl. I moved all of my DNs to DAN prob around July-ish.

Based on your info here, i will probably move a bunch of my tvs back to Uni.

Thanks for the info. The backstory of negotiations is always fascinating to me. Keep up the great sales. Always look forward to seeing your posts Donny!

I saw no results with DAN and .TVs. Sedo has been getting traction on sales as well. I think Sedo / Uni are where to go.

A

•••
I saw no results with DAN and .TVs. Sedo has been getting traction on sales as well. I think Sedo / Uni are where to go.

A
Dan/Uni would just be landers, as would Sedo... if the buyer is motivated, and willing to pay, then it just comes down to negotiations, but it seems Dan has a lot of deadbeats.

•••
Hi Dan, I think 60% of my portfolio is .tv, more or less 250 domains. I prefer quality over quantity
Nice sale. Can i get your opinion about CCtld future.

•••
It would be nice if more brokers understood the value and story of .TV. I have dealt with the majority of them and they can't generate any results.

A

•••
congratulations!

3L.tv isn't a bad investment.

•••
Nice sale. Can i get your opinion about CCtld future.

.TV has been the best performing extension for me now for 14 years. There is no comparison. Platforms like Epik and others should find out how to get real end users to start purchasing them. It would change the landscape for investors in that space and platforms helping create that value.

•••
Did Send.tv get reported to DNJ?

A

•••
•••
Back