Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

discovernow

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
.TV has not peaked, you win some and lose some. Here is what I have done in the last 2 weeks including 1 coming next week:

I can't complain, I bought DM.tv on 4/17/2011 for $900, sold for almost 2x more in a little over 1 month later. I will take that any day.

The others, I sold Arabic.tv for $1000, total investment $750 and got rid of the $250 premium. Made $250-sedo commission. Still a decent RIO.

GreatBritain.tv-sold for $1,000. God rid of the premium investment of $1,000. Lost $1,000. I can live with that.

2 Weeks ago, Herbs.tv sold for $1,000 bought for $25 in March 2010, nice ROI.

Next week, selling a domain for $10,000, total investment $3,500. Can't disclose yet until OK from buyer. Will be a very good ROI.

Overall, I can't complain. For those who think, there can't be money to be made in .tv, think again. Nothing is for sure, but I will take my chances with .tv.

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Next week, selling a domain for $10,000, total investment $3,500. Can't disclose yet until OK from buyer. Will be a very good ROI.

^ This is the one that I'm curious about, and will be following details (price/buyer/development plans) from my Summer Vacationβ„’, IMHO. :gl: :music:

Enjoy,
Jeff B-)

•••
^ This is the one that I'm curious about, and will be following details (price/buyer/development plans) from my Summer Vacationβ„’, IMHO. :gl: :music:

Enjoy,
Jeff B-)

Price...$10k, read his first post...buyer or development plans, WHO CARES. Isn't domaining about making money? Good sale discovernow!

Jeff you are getting very redundant....you keep saying the same thing in every single thread in the .tv forum. Everybody knows your opinion :zzz:.

•••
Price...$10k, read his first post...buyer or development plans, WHO CARES. Isn't domaining about making money? Good sale discovernow!

Fact;
It'll be a good sale once it is completed, and we have confirmation (and for firm comp. valuation purposes)! :gl: :imho:

Enjoy the summer,
Jeff B-)

•••
.TV has not peaked, you win some and lose some. Here is what I have done in the last 2 weeks including 1 coming next week:

I can't complain, I bought DM.tv on 4/17/2011 for $900, sold for almost 2x more in a little over 1 month later. I will take that any day.

The others, I sold Arabic.tv for $1000, total investment $750 and got rid of the $250 premium. Made $250-sedo commission. Still a decent RIO.

GreatBritain.tv-sold for $1,000. God rid of the premium investment of $1,000. Lost $1,000. I can live with that.

Overall, I can't complain. For those who think, there can't be money to be made in .tv, think again. Nothing is for sure, but I will take my chances with .tv.

Thanks, Jim

It is just Great!
Congrats!

•••

Thanks, Jim

Congrats Jim!

•••
Thanks everybody. The good news is that .tv can be a solid investment for everybody, people entering into the market now especially. I see more opportunities now in .tv than I saw in .com in 2001 during the internet-bust.

Thanks, Jim

•••
The good news is that .tv can be a solid investment for everybody, people entering into the market now especially. I see more opportunities now in .tv than I saw in .com in 2001 during the internet-bust.

I fully disagree (especially for those new or newer to .TV's) ... the ccTLD ".TV's" best days are behind it, from an fluid aftermarket standpoint; are you also the owner of previously discussed "England.TV"? :blink:

Kind rgards,
Jeff B-)

•••
I already replied with my Congrats to you in the other thread that you posted this info in already, but I have to say...

It is a sad day when you have to let each and every fact be known about each .TV investment, and or .TV sale just to defend yourself against a coupla FBI, CIA, Investegator wannabes about every single minor .TV detail because they are working so damn hard to dissect, analyze, and derail any success stories they see within this extension.

Threads like this are beyond ridiculous, (not speaking of YOU sharing your success and failures, Jim) just the feeling that we HAVE to, or else face the "Spanish Friggen Inquisition"!

Yeah, It is just one big conspiracy here in .TV land and we're ALL in on it, LOL

Once again Congrats on your .TV sales Jim.

Vito

•••
Great sale Jim

Man buys a name in week one for $900 and sells it four weeks later for double that price.

Why can't this just be enjoyed and seen was what it is - 'real' proof of the seachange in the fortunes of .TV

Yet we have to hear (mod free) the 'beneficial' beat of a man on 'vacation' (and believing he 'owns' the trademark 'summer vacation) making his 50th post of the day to let the world know he believes this is a reason why '.TV's best days are behind it'.

In contrast, I believe two NPers who have been loyal TV followers/advocates/experts/advisors and friends to all newbies here (including myself) for over five years each got banned this month - WeeArraPeople and MillersCrossing for reasons yet explained.

Incredible...

it's hari kiri in its purest

•••
I already replied with my Congrats to you in the other thread that you posted this info in already, but I have to say...

It is a sad day when you have to let each and every fact be known about each .TV investment, and or .TV sale just to defend yourself against a coupla FBI, CIA, Investegator wannabes about every single minor .TV detail because they are working so damn hard to dissect, analyze, and derail any success stories they see within this extension.

Threads like this are beyond ridiculous, (not speaking of YOU sharing your success and failures, Jim) just the feeling that we HAVE to, or else face the "Spanish Friggen Inquisition"!

Yeah, It is just one big conspiracy here in .TV land and we're ALL in on it, LOL

Once again Congrats on your .TV sales Jim.

Vito

This is the first time since 1998, I put any domain sales on a forum like this broken down between more than 1 name. I did this to prove that .tv has not peaked, that it's a solid investments, and for people entering to domain industry as newbies you can make money in .tv.

Between Jeff and Snoop, all I hear is talk without facts, so I laid out some facts, but most important to let newbies know there is opportunity.

Thanks, Jim

•••
This is the first time since 1998, I put any domain sales on a forum like this broken down between more than 1 name. I did this to prove that .tv has not peaked, that it's a solid investments, and for people entering to domain industry as newbies you can make money in .tv.

Between Jeff and Snoop, all I hear is talk without facts, so I laid out some facts, but most important to let newbies know there is opportunity.

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

I know you.
You are a pretty humble guy like myself.

I have felt the need to go into detail sometimes myself recently, because I have been questioned to the max about each and every statement I make...almost always by Snoop (hence, His UserName).

and I KNOW you would never have considered even making a thread like this if there wasn't so much very inquisitive B.S. to have to put up with from people who have no reason to even give a shit about this extension.

What happened a long time ago guys?
I have no idea about the .TV Forum 3, 4, 5 years ago but if there were some major BS-ers back then...they aren't here now....So don't F with us now.

Yes it is very cool to know that a major Corporation grabbed your name and is gonna do something cool with it. That IS newsworthy. hell, I even get happy when I get offers, and/or sell to some of the Big Dog domainers. It means I am doing something right.

Just stop puting so much pressure on everyone to explain every God damn detail of each and every move that is made. We are all Big Boys, and don't wanna see any newbs piss away any cash on garbage. Look at all of the .TV appraisal threads. I sure as hell don't give everyone a "HellYeah" - Great job on each and every .TV you just bought, now go buy more! C'mon, we can take care of the new guys just fine.

Sitting on the sidelines just viewing every other Post as negative is really making me feel like spending less and less time here.

now, when Snoop gets on tonight, It will start all over again.

Sorry, I'm rambling here but Jim would NEVER have posted this before, now it is a prerequisite of this forum I guess...It just seems like it is beyond ridiculous now.

Vito

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
...because they are working so damn hard to dissect, analyze, and derail any success stories they see within this extension.

Nail hit on head. :kickass:

•••
Thanks for sharing. I believe it is useful to share a realistic picture of domains in auction sold and not sold (perhaps due to high reserves), those sold at a nice markup versus those sold at a loss (if no reserve). Domaining involves writing off some acquisitions as worthless, making some sales at ten to twenty or more times acquisition cost and having some sales at more modest profit levels. Hopefully in the end one comes out at a profit though that often does not happen the first couple years in the industry.

•••
Sitting on the sidelines just viewing every other Post as negative is really making me feel like spending less and less time here.

i'm surprised this post is even still up. seems like a lot of mine are getting deleted.

•••
i'm surprised this post is even still up. seems like a lot of mine are getting deleted.

What I said wasn't bad.

Maybe you'd be happy to hear I have my share of deleted Posts, and infraction points too,
So don't think you are alone.

I used to go off on the deep end, now I choose to be more tactful....I'm trying at least.

Vito

Last edited:
•••
I used to go off on the deep end, now I choose to be more tactful....I'm trying at least.

I've come to learn that if our posts are politically correct, non-critical of the "favored one", and lightly balanced upon the fragile egg shells of acceptable input, that they (the posts) will stand proud and withstand the wave-happy deletion wand of the magical Removal Fairyβ„’. IMHO.

•••
I've come to learn that if our posts are politically correct, non-critical of the "favored one", and lightly balanced upon the fragile egg shells of acceptable input, that they (the posts) will stand proud and withstand the wave-happy deletion wand of the magical Removal Fairyβ„’. IMHO.

LOL

Yes,
It IS a long, hard road, but we learn to adapt.:)

•••
•••
Congrats Jim :tu: May there many more sales ahead for you

And only because it's lost it's way.... Thread closed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back