Dynadot

Selling the same domain on many sites and auctions.

NameSilo
Watch

Ravion

Established Member
Impact
What would happen if you list the same domain name on more than one auction site, and the domain receives bids on both sites? People here have probably sold domains by listing them on more than one site. How would you sell the domain? What happens to the listing on the other site?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I usually list as make offer on most sites and only one site with buy now, so if the buy now gets sold I just delete the make offers. On the other hand if I get an offer on the make offer site, that I send to auction I just change buy now to make offer, or delete the name for sale.While it has never happened to me I try and avoid different venues with buy now price because that would put you in a jam if the name is a desirable name. It is discussed in other threads on this site.

By the way welcome to Namepros
Joe T

•••
It's generally a good idea to list on multiple platforms as the more exposure ur domain has the better the chances of it selling. Like @fatter mentioned you need to be careful of listing it for BIN on multiple places. In case it gets BIN'd at both places concurrently.....it's unlikely but still a possibility.

And... welcome to NP as well ;)

•••
I just read an article about this.

You should set your bin high otherwise you might get a great offer then the buyer might find you bin listing and decide to buy for less using the bin listing.

•••
TOS - You cannot list the same name on multiple auction sites.

•••
What would happen if you list the same domain name on more than one auction site, and the domain receives bids on both sites? People here have probably sold domains by listing them on more than one site. How would you sell the domain? What happens to the listing on the other site?
Ravion did you mean to just list them for sale or send them to auction at 2 different locations. Just listing them for sale is permitted on sedo and other venues, but once they go to auction Johnn is right they have an exclusive to sell the name
Joe T

•••
from sedos Q+A
Can I list my domain for sale on other websites?

Sedo offers a non-exclusive marketplace, meaning that you may list your domains on other internet sites.

Important! Should you enter a domain into an auction at Sedo you agree to exclusively list, market, and sell the domain through Sedo and it's affiliated marketplaces until the close of the auction. You must remove the domain from all other sites where it is listed for sale. Please also refer to our

•••
Joe and Deez, thanks for the warm welcome guys. And thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

I didn't really know about the different rules on Sedo about listings and auctions. I'll also look at using the BIN price correctly when listing on different sites. I want to list domains on many marketplaces so that there's a greater chance of selling them. When I look at the domain sales history on NameBio it seems that there are a huge amount of domains being sold on GoDaddy auctions, and a few on Flippa, every day. I know that there are also other sites like Afternic. I'm trying to put the same domains on many of them. That's why I asked about this.

•••
I usually list as make offer on most sites and only one site with buy now

Really the only way to go, to avoid problems.

Also, you won't go against the market and auction sites TOS.

•••
Back