Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KF1

Account Closed
Impact
A person i know told me you have to have a permit to sell paid hosting
is this true?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
where have you heard this nonsense ?
:hehe:

•••
No. .. Not the slightest, wasnt Jacob was it lol?

•••
Well, it is a good idea. See the bigger places have one so they don't get sued. Any one of your customers could get right up and sue you if they found out your information. Most people don't pay attention to this, but just be careful who you host.

•••
•••
that would be a good idea, that way 15 year olds who dont know anything about hosting would not create hosting companies lol. i say this because of bad experiences.

•••
I have had many bad experiances myself! Now I have my own reseller acct.

•••
Regulation of a free market can become a dangerous thing.

•••
Good joke !
Of course you don't need a licence. Unless you live in a despotic country like Burma.

•••
this is news to me I must say !!!! I dont think there are any such permits required ... unless you're talking about school kids starting hosting companies and handling credit cards .. etc

•••
Well, Take this for an example: Hosting companies are these days owned by 15 year old kids too as hosting is a easiest way to earn money or to start up.

•••
sdsinc said:
Good joke !
Of course you don't need a licence. Unless you live in a despotic country like Burma.

despotic - NamePros word of the day.

des·pot - noun
1.) A ruler with absolute power.
2.) A person who wields power oppressively; a tyrant.
3-A.) Byzantine emperor or prince.
3-B.) An Eastern Orthodox bishop or patriarch.

despotic - adjective

1: belonging to or having the characteristics of a despot [syn: despotical] 2: ruled by or characteristic of a despot; "moved from a feudal to a despotic order"; "his administration was arrogant and despotic" 3: characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty; "an authoritarian regime"; "autocratic government"; "despotic rulers"; "a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"; "a tyrannical government" [syn: authoritarian, autocratic, dictatorial, tyrannical]

www.dictionary.com

:)

•••
Rumors are rumors. You do not need a permit to sell hosting but you DO need a DBA or LLC. Your company should be registered otherwise you will lose as time goes on :D.

•••
KF1 said:
A person i know told me you have to have a permit to sell paid hosting
is this true?
Is the same **person** selling you the **permit** as well? :hehe: :p

•••
Ok ive started up http://hostmecheap.be/
Could i hear about peoples Bad experiance so i hopefully dont make the mistakes

•••
Don't Scam, Don't Run Away, Provide Support, Get servers or a good reseller. Don't get 600Mhz 20$ servers, Um??

Nothing else I can think of.

iNod

•••
I provide good support i dont have servers YET i will when i get a few decent customers
I have a reseller at the moment
EDIT:
In your sig is eRudNet do you own them are they good?
Are they good for a reseller account?

•••
KF1 said:
Ok ive started up http://hostmecheap.be/
Could i hear about peoples Bad experiance so i hopefully dont make the mistakes
Welcome to the club of tens of millions of sites (re)selling hosting... There is no point in selling domains or hosting anymore on a stand alone site. It is a very overcrowded market now. You should rather consider selling hosting as an add-on to some other services or products you already offer.

•••
No,of course you don't need a permit.
This is yet another example of silly mindless rumour-mongering.
Also I actually have no problem with 15 year olds running hosting operations.

Plus where is this country ,Burma, with the despotic ruler?
BURMA has a democratically elected leader called "AUNG SAN SUU KYI" who has been under various forms of detention since shortly after her election
MYANMAR is what the Country is called by the Despotic and Un-consitutional rulers, that have refused to relinquish control to her.

•••
•••
No offense, but if you didn't even know that you don't need a "permit" to run a hosting business, then you should read [a lot] more, before you try to start a successful business.

Also, if you can't even afford an $8 domain, most people (like me), would not even consider your hosting company because a server costs $100< a month, and if you can't register an $8 domain for a year, then I'm going to question your professionalism, your server's quality, and knowledge in the industry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back