Dynadot

When buying hosting...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
What type of hosting will I need to buy to make sure I get my own IP? Also, does anyone know of a good hosting provider? I was told I should buy hosting that is not shared. So if anybody could help me out on this it would be great.

Thank You

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can check out site5 hosting, the plan would including a ip for you.
otherwise other hosting providers offer extra charge for an individual ip address.

•••
I suppose you were suggested to have web hosting on the dedicated IP not on the shared. So that might be reasonable. As for the shared web hosting as the kind of the web hosting so that would be good idea to use it on the start and do not overpay

•••
At the OP, if you don't want to use shared hosting, which one do you need? A VPS deal or dedi?
I'd advise you to start from the low cost companies such as natcoweb or justhost.
You just pay a couple of bucks for their services, get it with support.

•••
I'd advise you to start from the low cost companies such as natcoweb or justhost.

Cheap they may be, but Justhost must be researched properly.

As for natcoweb, it's a newcomer to the business, apparently (started using its own nameservers only 4-5 months ago). There will be little real feedback on such a company, and even so, it'll be of limited value, as the company hasn't really withstood the test of time.

•••
To get a private IP, not a shared one, will only cost you over a dollar a month. You can get a shared host, yet on a private IP.

•••
I assume that is more the enough to have shared web hosting account with dedicated IP. In this case you wiill have the possibility to have your own IP . I assume you know how you will use that?

•••
Thanks for answering my questions. The dedicated IP is for seo reasons.

•••
Pretty much any host will grant you a dedicated IP address for little or even no charge. Shared hosting will work fine for you unless you anticipate heavy traffic.

•••
some hosts include a dedicated IP, others charge 1-3 dollars

•••
Thanks for answering my questions. The dedicated IP is for seo reasons.

For SEO reasons? Don't you want to say you need differnt C class dedicated IPs.

•••
What type of hosting will I need to buy to make sure I get my own IP? Also, does anyone know of a good hosting provider? I was told I should buy hosting that is not shared. So if anybody could help me out on this it would be great.

Thank You

You can buy reseller hosting where few companies offer private label nameservers ..so you get 2 dedicated IP and one of which you can use for your site ..if you are looking to get an hosting with dedicated IP.

OR a shared host with addon purchase of IP will also do if you requirements are small other than IP requirement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back