Dynadot

I want to know how traffic I can put on a server

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cindyfowler

Account Closed
Impact
I want to know how traffic i can put on a server with a shared hosting. Could you recommend me a good hosting which permit some type of traffic. I read some reviews about: hostease,fatcow, dreamhost, bluehost, lunar pages and hostmonster

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends how much traffic you need. How much do you need? Why do you think you need much?

•••
The amount of traffic depends on too many variables for me to be able to give you a specific number. Beyond that, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "permit some traffic?" Are you asking about bandwidth or are you asking about traffic restrictions?

•••
1. Bluehost and hostmonster are the same host. ;)

2. Different hosts will have different hardware, different TOS terms, different "too much usage" policies. I've heard of hosts allowing customers to push 5TB of data transfer with these $5-10 hosting accounts, but that will clearly not be possible with anything other than offering big files for download (say iso files, video files etc.). Just about anything else will put too much pressure on the server for the host to accept (CPU/memory/disk activity will be high enough to start to negatively affect other customers sharing the server with you).

•••
Well the hosting companies you have listed are mainly over sellers which is not a very good thing, because your website may be overloaded and having more downtime than uptime.

I recommend looking into a smaller and well established hosting companies that are not overselling and offer a better service quality than the ones you have listed above.

•••
I didn't understand whether you need a Shared Hosting account or you need to get a dedicated server. The traffic depends very much of the applications you are about to host and about the popularity of the website/sites hosted there.

•••
i real have a hosting for my blog,in fact ,the traffic is big but ok,i think my meaning is about traffic restrictions,althought i dont exceed it until now,but i can promise in the future.

•••
There won't be traffic restrictions per se, but there will be other indirect limits, like simultaneous database connections, CPU usage, number of processes etc. In a shared hosting environment, with hundreds other customers (could be 200, could be 500) using that same server, there must be some rules in place. This being after all under $10 hosting, it is meant to fit small to medium needs.

•••
thank for all your ideas,thanks..useful..

•••
•••
a small tip :- If you want to reduce your bandwidth, then HOST THE IMAGES ON OTHER SITES. i have experienced this, on my blog there were many pics and a lots of downloads. this caused about 5-6GB bandwidth per day and i had to upgrade my hosting acc every month or two :P

and yes, make subdomains like img.yoursite.com and host your images there if you plan to host them in your own server. this will speed up the loading process.

•••
a small tip :- If you want to reduce your bandwidth, then HOST THE IMAGES ON OTHER SITES. i have experienced this, on my blog there were many pics and a lots of downloads. this caused about 5-6GB bandwidth per day and i had to upgrade my hosting acc every month or two :P

and yes, make subdomains like img.yoursite.com and host your images there if you plan to host them in your own server. this will speed up the loading process.
thank you ,in fact,i got many advise,but diverse hosting has different performance,so the process is comparing.

•••
re

Thanks for sharing information about reduce bandwidth. As for me, the diverse hosting very important task in bandwidth save.

•••
I want to know how traffic i can put on a server with a shared hosting. Could you recommend me a good hosting which permit some type of traffic. I read some reviews about: hostease,fatcow, dreamhost, bluehost, lunar pages and hostmonster

How much do you currently have? I think that is better to make choice based on your current limits.

•••

How exactly will creating subdomains make them load faster? Arent they on still on the same server?

and 2, hosting images abroad is good from financial p.o.v, but come on, free image hostings are very slow.

•••
How exactly will creating subdomains make them load faster? Arent they on still on the same server?

and 2, hosting images abroad is good from financial p.o.v, but come on, free image hostings are very slow.

John, this topic is 2 years old.

•••
I think that the thread is too old and it should be closed.

To OP (if he is still waiting for an answer),

It will be great to contact customer support team and ask them.

•••
First of all you have to think on -
How reliable your hosting service is?
How much traffic your hosting account will handle?
and
Will this cheap shared hosting be able to handle such huge traffic levels?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back