Dynadot

Selling Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello again, I guess this is my second post here, anyhow here is my question.

I am planning on hosting sites with a friend and help him startup a E business, and maybe start up my own.

Anyhow, how do I become a domain registrar? I am extreamly interested in this, and I hope that it is possible.

Best Reguards,
Mitchell Barney
(Yes, I am new to NamePros so dont get mad if this question has allready been asked.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe I am biased. I recommend that you start out with a free $8.95 eNom reseller from an ETP.

•••
•••
wow, i never knew you had to be icann acredited to be a domain registrar

•••
•••
Being an ICAAN registrar would probably cost at least $50k to start up, but likelly double that. You can become a reseller registrar for much less. You can become a reseller (non-accredited registrar) for as little as $100 and a couple hours time for a cookie cutter site, or get one with a good API to allow you to have your own look and use your own scripts for a few thousand.

Most domain traders have at least one simple reseller acount just for good domain prices.

•••
Enom Reseller (easy and "get your toes wet") -or- begin a new extension - new, accredited Registrar (like ".COOL", for instance) for LOTSA :$: .
Welcome to Namepros! :tu:
B-)

PS. I think you're looking to become the former (above). ;)

•••
Yeah, starting as a reseller is always the best option. :)

I would suggest by getting an Enom Reseller Account First :) There are tonnes of'em lying around ranging from free 8.95 Enom accts to Pricey 6.95 Enom accts, and $20 7.95 accts.

I hope that helps. Best of luck

•••
Thanks so much!!!

I am very thankful to find that information out! I might start a hosting business soon.

•••
•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Enom Reseller (easy and "get your toes wet") -or- begin a new extension - new, accredited Registrar (like ".COOL", for instance) for LOTSA :$: .
Welcome to Namepros! :tu:
B-)

PS. I think you're looking to become the former (above). ;)

you sure they can start their own extensions?

•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
you sure they can start their own extensions?

For a $200 G's (most of it non-refundable) one perhaps can, CS. :$:

See my -or- in the post (in other words, I recommended starting with an Enom Reseller account as others had mentioned, as well)? ;)
B-)

•••
Um, thanks.

Jeff your from New Hampshire too?!?

Also, once I am a domain reseller, how much money does it cost me to register domains?

Thanks for all your help, I am designing my site now all I need is to design more graphics.

•••
It all depends. With an 8.95 eNom reseller account your cost is $8.95.

•••
...WOW

I bought my domain for $10.00 so, I wouldnt make much money by selling domains.

If the cost could be cut down to $5.00 then I would signup with eNom... I think I am going to reconsider.

•••
Other options

You may want to lookinto the GoDaddy/WildWest option. Last time I checked, you could sign up as a reseller for $99 / yr and the wholesale cost for domain names was in the low $6 range.

•••
Nobody pays $5. The best you could probably get anywhere is $6.49 with a huge chunk of change. WWD is high $6

•••
Originally posted by gottaSUMMER
...WOW

I bought my domain for $10.00 so, I wouldnt make much money by selling domains.

If the cost could be cut down to $5.00 then I would signup with eNom... I think I am going to reconsider.

Good Luck on that price, the registry charges $6 per domain so registrars profit is anything over $6. That is just for .com .net .org Any registrar charging less then $6 registration is operating at a loss.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back