Dynadot

question Asking lower than what I paid?

NameSilo
Watch

crocodom

Established Member
Impact
Hi I am new to this forum and I am experiencing some weird things. For example I bought an auctioned domain with appraisal $4500 GoDaddy, $40000 at estibot and $55000 at saw and I paid $270 as a won bid. And I am willing to sell it of course higher. And people here say $50-100 to buy. Is this normal here? Or just they're kidding 😂 ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, but I disagree.
For 150$, you get Domains, which are crap (edit if I'm not allowed to write that word). Everybody claims them here a Wholesaler; maybe we are. Perhaps we are just Hobbyists. There is still a limited amount, and as we know, it's the TLD used the most globally. Look at the Historical Data. Good 4L had those prices, probably.
We are in a "professional" Forum, with people dealing with Domains daily, most likely.
On top of that, we have a financial crisis. Many people have Liquidated their Domains most likely (can not prove with Study or statistics).
It's like the stock market. Ups and Downs.
If I'm not wrong, there are like 450k 4L Domains. I don't know :) If you can sell me some for 100-150$, feel free to contact me.

But one question on that topic:
- Is this SEDO Domain Appraisal worth it? I don't want to praise @Eric Lyon too much, but is there something else / more they are considering?
Has anyone experienced it?

Happy Saturday!
zotix
Thank you zotix!

•••
First - do not use appraisals to estimate the value of your domain.
Second - don't sell here on NamePros, sell to an end user on a landing page and platforms.

And of course it's normal here that people offer you $50-100, it's normal even when they offer $5. See, they don't read appraisals, why should you? ))

As for this particular domain name - you either sell it for XXXX 5 to 10 years from now, or by very luck in case someone's company will be abbreviated in these four letters.

•••
First - do not use appraisals to estimate the value of your domain.
Second - don't sell here on NamePros, sell to an end user on a landing page and platforms.

And of course it's normal here that people offer you $50-100, it's normal even when they offer $5. See, they don't read appraisals, why should you? ))

As for this particular domain name - you either sell it for XXXX 5 to 10 years from now, or by very luck in case someone's company will be abbreviated in these four letters.
Thanks for the advice I will do this !

•••
Hi

i'd say, sell to whoever is willing to pay your asking price,
regardless to whether it's np member or a blind offer on a marketplace.

in past, i sold a couple of 4L.com in four figure range to np buyers and both domains had letter "v"

some domainers budgets are higher than you think or more than they allude to have.
those who've been in the game, will keep a stash of cash on hand, to snatch up a real deal when available.

we/ us domainers, will also buy domains from marketplaces, so you don't know if it's an end-user sale or domainer sale, unless or when the buyer develops the domain or parks it again with new price.

imo...

•••
I guess I can't agree more, you are right they should fix their tools for more realistic appraisals.
IMO, all automated appraisal tools are worthless and misguiding. Never even bother checking them.

•••
•••
As far as what you paid this is irrelevant over here. People here are as cheap as they come. They will show big budgets and offer you $50.

Most buy threads are fishing expeditions for ideas or hoping someone is really dumb enough to let a gem go super cheap.

As mentioned, best to sell elsewhere. Reseller means “here to rob you blind” 🤣

I do not sell for less than I bought under any circumstance but there are times when people are in such need of funds that they do so.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

in the long run, it's possible you could get $,$$$ for plzy com
just because this is "reseller" forum, doesn't mean you have to accept reseller offers, or the reseller mentality.

as for betting dot online, i get skeptical when there isn't a website on it, that reflects the reported expenditure for it.

imo...
Check out the sales on Namebio / DSAD and most don't have a website that reflects the reported expenditure.

•••
Now the name is dead because it has been indexed in Google.
What's scary about indexing, never understood that fear.

•••
I notice the appraisals lately seem slightly high for 4Ls unless they are really good, in which case appraisals seem low. I think your name is worth maybe 1000-1500 if you're patient, but I wouldn't buy a $1000 name for $1000. The 4L market recently shot up so what if it dips again? That's why people around here probably won't pay too much for it, maybe 200. You pretty much paid what people here would pay. I will repeat what others say that an appraisal generated by a computer will probably never be comparable to one from a human who has been buying/selling domains for a long time.

Last edited:
•••
The name is no less useful to the buyer because it sold on NP, and I'm not sure most end users research the name history to that degree. But if someone did research it they might come with a lower offer, knowing that the holder only paid 270 and is struggling to sell.

Last edited:
•••
Check out the sales on Namebio / DSAD and most don't have a website that reflects the reported expenditure.
Hi

so, why do you think that "phenom" exists, when buyers are spending thousands of dollars for a domain?

imo...

•••
Hi

so, why do you think that "phenom" exists, when buyers are spending thousands of dollars for a domain?

imo...
I mean, it is an interesting scenario. I had a buyer who spent $800 on a domain and it's been over a year and I've seen no progress on it. Life happens I guess.

•••
I guess You can sell this domain for $9000-10 000
If You do not want to wait many years. of course. Current price is too expensive for client. IMO

•••
Are you saying domains already indexed by Google have no value?

I do get it that a domain may be less desirable if it has been used for nefarious reasons, but you can ask Google to remove the manual penalty by proving the domain is now under new ownership.

Last edited:
•••
I think all are on a same page regarding appraisal tools as they are useless.
Whats about domain apprisal which are approved either on Squadhelp or BrandBucket?

•••
An LLLL.COM is what's called a liquid domain in the industry. I definitely don't think you overpaid for plzy.com

its pronounceable and brandable, I would agree with GoDaddy's valuation in this particular case.

•••
And people here say $50-100 to buy. Is this normal here? Or just they're kidding
LOL. Here people looking dictionary (one word) ...bla bla .... budget $1 :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back