Dynadot

Selling Domains On Payment Plans

NameSilo
Watch

Brandon1

Established Member
Impact
What do you guys normally do in this case? I have only sold domains through escrow.com and paypal.com but this guy wants to do payment plans. The domain is $3600 and he wants to pay $300 per month. I have invoicing software to automatically do it but is there a better way to provide protection for both ends?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont transfer the domain until paid in full. Make sure your agreement is ironclad. No refunds under any circumstances.

•••
•••
Dont transfer the domain until paid in full. Make sure your agreement is ironclad. No refunds under any circumstances.

^Yup.

Do the deal like a rental/lease to own. Point the name at their servers, but don't transfer/change ownership until payment is complete.

•••
If you really trust the buyer and know that he isn't going to file a case or anything in case he drops out later on then don't transfer the domain name and just make nameserver changes until the full $3600 is paid.

Escrow works too but it'll be expensive.

•••
Escrow.com has a service to handle this for you.

Make a contract.

You can find them on the net or use the one provided by Escrow.com.

Do not transfer the domain until it is paid for, Escrow.com can cover this for you.

Just point the nameservers for the client, but do not give them control until they pay in full.

•••
basically:

you can write you own "lease to own" deal in notepad

send them a copy and state that first payment binds the agreement.

describe amount of monthly "net" payments and include provision for late fee's

include a clause in case buyer defaults on payments

include a usage clause ( no adult/gambling,etc) until domain is paid in full.

Good Luck!

•••
Awesome, thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back