Domain Empire

Selling domains on other sites

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just thought I'd make mention of an email I received when trying to sell my domain name through an auction site.

"i will like to let you know that you do not need to worry about shipping of the item because i have on behalf of my client contacted a shipping company that will be coming for the pickup of the item .

This means the payment of the check that will be issue and send to you will include the (shipper's charges and my commission as an agent).

My client has said he will not be able to raise another check for my commission and the shippers charges, that is why he will be including both my commission as an agent and the shippers charges all you need to do as soon as you get the check is to cash the check and decuct the price for the sales of your item and the left over will be wire transfer via Western Union Money transfer to the (shipping manager) for the home pick up from your house to my client if you are ok with
this,kindly send me the below information of yours to mail out the check asap
NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP CODE
COUNTRY
TEL #

With the above information my client will be able to issue out the check and send it to your address once you provide your address in your next mail

SO I WILL BE AWAITING YOUR INFORMATION TO MAIL OUT THE CHECK ASAP

Regards."

When selling domain names, first of all, there is no need for a shipping charge, and there is no need for an address for someone to pick up the item from? It's all automatic transfer!!!

I have not sent a return correspondance to this person, but just wanted you to all beware, and not give out any of your details to this guy. The email was also sent through one of the free email providers, so does not seem very genuine to me.

Please Please please be careful of people like this!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, if they were even somewhat professionals, they would use the correct formatting and grammer. Definetly a scammer. I would toy with him/her for awhile and lay down the smackdown!

~God Bless~

Cobalt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back