IT.COM

question Selling domains in the 60 days lock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tondofisso

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys, have you ever sold a domain in the 60 days lock?
Sedo and Afternic don't give you much visibility, so what can be the strategy while waiting this 60 days?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can “push” the domain to another user on the same registrar. This action is not subject to the 60 day lock. Depending on the registrar, you may also be able to opt out of the 60 day lock when initially registering or transferring in.

•••
if domain is sold via sedo, sedo will hold the funds in escrow and after 60 days will get you to initiate transfer and release funds.

•••
In the first 60 days I list the name for sale on the registrar marketplace only (and on my own site with a Make Offer, at least when I get around to it, 60 days is such a short period!! :xf.wink:). Most registrar marketplaces do transactions as push and no limitation. I have bought names on a registrar marketplace during the 60 day, not sure if I have sold one during the 60 - I think once but it was around the 60 day. One reason I prefer registrars with marketplaces is the ability to list them on the marketplaces during the first 60 days.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
I sold a hand reg within 60 days via afternic broker. Domain was located on namesilo. We pushed to another namesilo account.

•••
I sold a hand reg within 60 days via afternic broker. Domain was located on namesilo. We pushed to another namesilo account.

Same here. A Godaddy broker contacted me some time ago for a new registered domain.
As the domain had the 60 day lock on and it was at Network Solutions, we did a domain push there to his NetSol account.

•••
Before buying a name you intend to sell quickly first find out if the registra does a push during the 60 days lock.
I had a horrible experience at directnic last year where I bought a name and sold it during the 60days lock and the buyer had to ask for a refund when I could not do an internal push.

•••
i also sold a 60 days lock domain for xxx$ in uniregistry and push the name to buyer's namesilo account. :)

•••
Before buying a name you intend to sell quickly first find out if the registra does a push during the 60 days lock.
I had a horrible experience at directnic last year where I bought a name and sold it during the 60days lock and the buyer had to ask for a refund when I could not do an internal push.

Directnic doesn't allow pushes? I could swear I once pushed a name to another owner when I sold it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back