Domain Empire

question Listing domain names that are newer than 60 days on Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameWell

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

after reading this thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/my-afternic-account-has-been-suspended.1110781/#post-6987516 I got concerned.

- Is it allowed to list domain names newer than 60 days on Afternic?
- What is their take on a 60-day lock-in? What happens if the domain name is bought while it is still younger than 60 days?
- Names that are younger than 60 days will not be eligible for fast transfer, right? What happens after they become older than 60 days? Will I get the opt-in email from registrars? Or will I have to delist and then relist names to get the op-in for fast transfer email?

Could someone please share your experience regarding this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm curious about the same questions for anyone who can answer them. Thanks.

•••
I'm not sure on GDs policies but I recently bought a domain at Sedo that was locked and they just gave me the option of accepting a push or waiting until the domain can be transferred. I'd assume GD would have a similar policy.

•••
I have never been clear on this, but note that later in that thread GD removed suspension and said it was not due to 60 day lock.

•••
Going through this exact scenario right now.

I bought some names during a .co promo, and sold one pretty soon thereafter at Afternic for BIN price.

The buyer absolutely did not want to create an account at the registrar where the name is, so push was out of the question. They opted to wait out the 60 day hold, instead.

Afternic handled the communication and explained to the buyer that they can either wait weeks upon weeks to receive the name they paid for, or they can create an account for an instant push.

The wait is finally up in a few days from now, and at that point we'll finally get it transferred over to them, knock on wood.

The way I see it: You could lose out on a sale or have the buyer back out if they don't want to push or wait, but if you wait 60 days before listing it, you're guaranteeing no sale.

Last edited:
•••
Going through this exact scenario right now.

I bought some names during a .co promo, and sold one pretty soon thereafter at Afternic for BIN price.

The buyer absolutely did not want to create an account at the registrar where the name is, so push was out of the question. They opted to wait out the 60 day hold, instead.

Afternic handled the communication and explained to the buyer that they can either wait weeks upon weeks to receive the name they paid for, or they can create an account for an instant push.

The wait is finally up in a few days from now, and at that point we'll finally get it transferred over to them, knock on wood.

The way I see it: You could lose out on a sale or have the buyer back out if they don't want to push or wait, but if you wait 60 days before listing it, you're guaranteeing no sale.

I 100% agree with your view.

•••
I think Afternic is owned by gd so if it's at gd then good to go, But otherwise i feel like they would have a way to make it work out seeing as they check that you own the domain i feel like it would pick up on this issue and that you are not the only one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back