IT.COM

advice Selling a domain with different registrar.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GarethUK

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Can I pick your brains?
If I have a domain registered with GD, is it easy enough to advertise it on another site like Sedo?

Thanks,

Gar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, it's another story where you have registered a domain name, and another where you have parked it or listed for sale.
For example:
You have registered a name on GoDaddy. You can park it to Bodis (so you must change its nameservers) and you can list it for sale to GoDaddy, Sedo, Afternic, or other marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
Yes you put the text code in your GoDaddy DNS records via TXT file if your domain is private. If its not private you can list it easily

There are other ways to verify at Sedo too

Last edited:
•••
.....oooooh crikey!......I may have to look into this! (n)
I haven't done this yet....I'm just posing the question.
Obviously it's quite easy to advertise it on GD but are other auction sites better or have a wider audience?

Gar.

•••
I list mine on GoDaddy Auctions and Sedo both and on individual landing pages. You want your name out there as much as possible. Some have them listed everywhere possible for more exposure.

•••
.....yeah.....I have made some landing pages that are cool and very simple.
Many thanks...(y)

•••
It makes it much simpler when the auction house has an account with the registrar,so if and when you sell a name, after payment is made you just push the name to the auction house account, and get paid, for me its a hassle to do it by transfering to the buyer.
Joe T

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back