NameSilo

Self taught newbs AM journal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Due to all of the journals which have been started and discontinued I have been inspired to record my experiences here for all to see.

A little background check on me, I am 20 years old turning 21 on July 27th, I dropped out of highscool when I was 16 to take care of my mother, at 17 we bought our first computer and were introduced to the internet.

Since I began surfing I was always trying to earn money online, failure after failure I finally discovered HTML, intrigued by this I began reading tutorials and newsletters aimed toward html, after a few months I was creating not to bad static web pages, at one point I had a webpage selling tools from amazon.com this site had over 400 pages which were ALL html, no php, mysql or ssi if I wanted to change the menu I did it 400 times.

As you can tell I started slow, I recently did a little freelance work and made some extra money, in these projects I discovered php and mysql, once again I began reading, buying books and reading more, now I have a few websites, one which is getting about 500 000 page views a month, I am earning about $20 a month from ads from this site but am currently having it optimized.

Now I have started a gaming website, it will mainly be a review website, I have a great content writer I found at elance, he was charging me $2 a review but I thought that was not even worth his time so I pay him $5 per review, prolly soon to be $10 (as soon as my site starts earning)

So the status of this new site is, the main layout is basically complete, CSS work is about 50% I only have 2 reviews so far because all my content will be unique, I will be trying to write a few articles over the next week or so.

So this is the beginning, I hope in a few months I will be able to post articles like rfung, but for now I will update this journal so all newbies have a reference point.

Thank you for reading please check back every few days.

Dylan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just got my first very deep crawl, now I have pr 3 for my main page and pr 4 for the rest, 2000 hits from google bot and same from msn bot in the last 21 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back