Dynadot

advice Seeking some advices on how to proceed the outbound situation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rokaska7

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

a bit of a backstory. During the october I got tested positive for covid-19 so I had a good two weak entirely for myself. I have always wanted to develop a site as a hobby, nothing very serious.

As I am born in mid 90's I kinda grown with this meme culture so I decided to buy and start my own version of www/ f e e l s /bar and do it as an always available meme (feels bar meme is for the people to find some comfort, tell the problems and so on, Usually the comments are very honest ant supportive, that is why I chosen to work with it).

So yeah, I got it running with a little bit of help, set up instagram account for it and run a little experiment on what I could achieve with it in a short matter of time.

Speaking about statistics:
In last 30 days I got 927 visitors and 3,942 page views in total. That's the numbers I got without doing any marketing, purchasing ads.

I decided to see if this project is worth an eye catch so I e-mailed top 10 memes sites with the provided emails and one of them responded less than an hour after I sent my letter. It goes like this:

Hi,

Pls let me know what is the current traffic you are receiving.

What is the price you are selling and why are you selling?

Sure, I cannot lie about the statistics and should provide them as they are (not great, not terrible) but what price should I ask? I wrote letters and did not expect to get a reply. Looking for some serious replies and comments. Don't be harsh on me, thanks :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good evening.

Not the best person for technical criteria and stuff but maybe I can offer some basic common sense logic which we can apply to many different aspects of life.

Q - How much actual time, effort and money did it cost you to set this up?

If you keep it for the long term will you be satisfied with potential guaranteed income versus unknown potential resale value?

Can you do the same thing again and again whilst making it both quicker and cheaper to do?

The richest person in the world still only has 24 hours in a day. Maybe, with your investment in time you can provide a service that others may want but they do not have the time to do it for themselves.

We all need money for today, but we also have to plan for the future and maybe sometimes in life it is just better to wait.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back