NameSilo

SEDO's strange behavior

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kgnikola

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I want to share my bad experience with SEDO from yesterday. I was very satisfied with their services, but yesterday something strange happened. I have premium domain name SANTORINI.CLUB and I am trying to develop website around that domain, but I still want to have open doors for selling of that domain. Because of that I listed this domain, few months ago, at SEDO with MAKE OFFER option, with the lowest offer of $1000.

Yesterday I looked at MY DOMAINS list at SEDO and I realized that my domain was deleted from MY DOMAINS list. I tried to look for it in SEDO search, and i founded that my domain is listed for sale with BUY NOW option for only $100. I was shocked!!! Because domain was deleted from my portfolio I couldn't stop this. I contacted via live chat SEDO's support and they said to me that probably one of their admins deleted this domain from my list during regular maintenance with explanation that mistakes happened. They didn't answer me why it was listed for sale with buy now option for only $100.

That domain of mine earlier this year was listed at sedo as SEDO MLS PREMIUM, which means that domain could be sold instantly without me needed to do anything if right buyer comes with BUY NOW price. But that was my decision, and that is OK. This was like that someone hijacked my domain.

Theirs advice was for me to list my domain again and their selling for $100 would be dismissed.

That was very shocking episode for me with SEDO, so guys be careful. Now everything works fine, but it could be very bad.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go to your registrar and disable the buy now from your account and they could not do anything to sell the domain from your account if you have dissabled the MLS.
Cheers.

•••
Yes, I did that, after I saw the problem.

•••
If that is done, just keep calm and you are free to set it for another auction somewhere else. Cheers.

•••
Happens to me all the time, domains just delete from my account, and end up with BIN's in someone else's account, I simply buy them, and ask them to transfer them.

Transaction is quickly cancelled after they cannot deliver the name

•••
Happens to me all the time, domains just delete from my account, and end up with BIN's in someone else's account, I simply buy them, and ask them to transfer them.

Hhahahahaha thats classic!

•••
It seems they have employed inexperience workers and they are not given them the ideal training for them to understand the rudiment of the business.

•••

were you not paying when you buy them?

•••
were you not paying when you buy them?
I asked them to verify ownership before I will send funds.

I always check to see if I control the domain first, it happend more than a dozen times this year.

Not sure how they can remove, and delete a name without verifying ownership via whois when there are no changes?

They can do harm to your domain, by putting a low BIN on it. Something an end user would never let you live down, had they seen it advertised for less.

•••
I asked them to verify ownership before I will send funds.

I always check to see if I control the domain first, it happend more than a dozen times this year.

That is curious and interesting!

•••
Go to your registrar and disable the buy now from your account and they could not do anything to sell the domain from your account if you have dissabled the MLS.
Cheers.

Sorry for asking here, but how do you enable/disable that?

E.g. on GoDaddy

•••
I 'm not so conversant with Godaddy, but I know it is possible to disable such at godaddy, though it is not called MLS at GD it has another name for it. I know others will respond to your question.

Afternic has something like that; it is when you opt -in that your domain can be transfer when sold and you can disable when you opt-out, if you do not want your domain transfer without your consent.
Cheers.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back