Dynadot

Sedo: Domain may not be listed for sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jidomain

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,
A while ago, I listed my domain for sale on Sedo with the Buy Now option. The listing was up and running. Today I checked out my domains list and I found that my domain is not for sale. When I try to change the "For Sale" option from "no" to "yes" inside the "Sale Settings" view, I get an error popup "This option cannot be edited as the domain may not be listed for sale.".
Can anyone please tell me what's that about ?
Thank you in advance...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps you let the domain expire at some point, or changed some whois details.

•••
@CraigD The domain is not expired and the whois details are the same.

•••
@CraigD The domain is not expired and the whois details are the same.
@Jidomain What I meant was have you let it expire and then renewed it?
Some platforms will automatically de-list your domain once the expiry date is reached, even if you then renew it.

•••
•••
@CraigD No renewal, it's a new domain. I thought about deleting the listing and relisting but the checkbox is disabled so I can't select the domain to delete it.
@sircc I'm gonna on monday if the issue is still there. The customer support is from monday till friday.

•••
Also the domain now redirects to the Sedo broker service page instead of the Sedo parking one.

•••
Also the domain now redirects to the Sedo broker service page instead of the Sedo parking one.
Ok, so you have it parked at Sedo.
That narrows your issue down.

•••
•••
I would request you to contact SEDO support to get clarification. Also please share the details after....

•••
Just in case. If it is coronavirus-related domain, or something where the automated system determined possible TM - then Sedo might prevent it from being listed for sale.

•••
This happened with one of my domains before the reason was TM issue

•••
It's listed again now. I didn't do anything though. Seems like a bug to me.
@Ostrados What's TM ?

•••
•••
Is it Covid-related?
Or adult?

Sedo does restrict some types of domains from being listed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's listed again now. I didn't do anything though. Seems like a bug to me.
@Ostrados What's TM ?
Yes it was probably a bug.
I have noticed myself intermittent issues with their landing pages.

•••
Hi All,

It is unlikely that it is was a bug, but if you see any bugs you should report them to us so we can solve them asap for you.

If a domain is suddenly showing as not for sale in your account when it was already verified and showing as for sale before, then it also does that if you apply for a Themed Auction, like the Great Domains auction. During the time that your application is pending, it shows as not for sale in your account, this is due to the sales exclusivity you agree to when applying. If the domain is rejected then it will show as for sale once again.

Also, If a buyer adds one of your domains to their basket to purchase it at one of our SedoMLS partners websites but doesn't continue with the purchase, then the domain will show as not for sale in your Sedo account, for a short time and will be reserved for them. If they dont purchase it then it will be released once again and will show as for sale once again.

All the best
Chris

•••
Also, If a buyer adds one of your domains to their basket to purchase it at one of our SedoMLS partners websites but doesn't continue with the purchase, then the domain will show as not for sale in your Sedo account, for a short time and will be reserved for them. If they dont purchase it then it will be released once again and will show as for sale once again
There is a long-time and known related bug here, which I wanted to report to my acct. manager but always forgot. Namely: Sometimes, such domains would "return" in not-for-sale status (or, make offer instead of BIN). Or, SedoMLS premium promotion (fast transfer) status would be lost. On various occasions, I had to manually restore some or all of my desired domain settings (BIN + fast transfer). and I beleive all such cases had one thing in common - the domains in question were shown as pendingsale for some time, but the sale did not happen... There were no errors like the one reported in the begining of this thread, just some of sale settings were lost.

Last edited:
•••
There is a long-time and known related bug here, which I wanted to report to my acct. manager but always forgot. Namely: Sometimes, such domains would "return" in not-for-sale status (or, make offer instead of BIN). Or, SedoMLS premium promotion (fast transfer) status would be lost. On various occasions, I had to manually restore some or all of my desired domain settings (BIN + fast transfer). and I beleive all such cases had one thing in common - the domains in question were shown as pendingsale for some time, but the sale did not happen... There were no errors like the one reported in the begining of this thread, just some of sale settings were lost.

Hi Tony,

Next time you have a current example of that, please inform you account manager and we can have our tech team look into it to see what could be causing an issue for you.

All the best
Chris

•••
Hi Tony,

Next time you have a current example of that, please inform you account manager and we can have our tech team look into it to see what could be causing an issue for you.

All the best
Chris
What happened to you is not a big deal. I bought three domain names in Sedo this month, and all the seller broke the contract. At the same time, I had a domain name bought by someone. But I waited for more than 20 days, and the other party didn't pay. Sedo locked my domain name and didn't give me any convincing explanation. I wonder, is Sedo so inefficient? Is that how they censor sellers and buyers?I just don't know why .
Sorry ,but a little depressed to you @Sedo .

•••
What happened to you is not a big deal. I bought three domain names in Sedo this month, and all the seller broke the contract. At the same time, I had a domain name bought by someone. But I waited for more than 20 days, and the other party didn't pay. Sedo locked my domain name and didn't give me any convincing explanation. I wonder, is Sedo so inefficient? Is that how they censor sellers and buyers?I just don't know why .
Sorry ,but a little depressed to you @Sedo .

On the contrary, their customer service asked me if the transaction failed, I could inform them, I was shocked, did I find the buyer? Do I have the contact information of the buyer? Isn't it the responsibility of customer service?

PS. it's really troublesome to call clone, but your Chinese customer service is really bad.
Sorry, I could only choose to be honest , again , a little disappointed with you @Sedo .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back