IT.COM

Sedo's Restriction

NameSilo
Watch
I have sold domains on Sedo without a problem until when I want to buy a domain name from same platform.

Not long ago, I decided to purchase a domain name from Sedo and on the point of paying for the said domain name, I was redirected to Alipay payment page.

I had to quickly inform the transfer agent about my experience and requested for an alternative payment method. To my greatest surprise, I am told to pay by wire transfer for something that is low $xxx.

I requested for credit card payment and I am told that I can not be allowed to pay by credit card because I am a Nigerian, except I use paypal.

Here is the challenge, using Paypal in Nigeria is problem because we are allowed to spent ONLY $100/month on our cards in order to control the out flow of dollars which is due to forex shortage in the country and the price of the domain name is more than $100. I had to fund my payoneer card to be able to overcome that obstacle. Using a Paypal account that isn't mine to pay for this domain name is not an option as well.

Sedo still won't let me pay by credit card because I am a Nigerian, when there are reputable payment processor to handle such payments. For heaven sake, this is 2017. I have NEVER used wire transfer to purchase anything and all my transactions to date has been by credit card.

I feel insulted and discriminated at this point.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel for you
But learn to use wire transfer. Its not that hard. You can make it

•••
I feel for you
But learn to use wire transfer. Its not that hard. You can make it
The issue here is the time it will take to process from my end. Why should I be prevented from using credit when others are using same? Because I am a Nigerian? I have contacted seller to use another platform to purchase the domain name. I have been using credit card to purchase domain names from Godaddy, namecheap, dynadot without a problem. So why should Sedo be any different? Because I am a Nigerian right?

That is nonsense!

•••
The issue here is the time it will take to process from my end. Why should I be prevented from using credit when others are using same? Because I am a Nigerian? I have contacted seller to use another platform to purchase the domain name. I have been using credit card to purchase domain names from Godaddy, namecheap, dynadot without a problem. So why should Sedo be any different? Because I am a Nigerian right?

That is nonsense!
hmm.. I think Right...

•••
I managed to add my Payoneer card to my paypal account( I previously thought paypal will decline my payoneer card because I heard they stopped accepting it), it was accepted, I did a test of $1 to friend who is also member on here, the payment went through but when I try to pay Sedo, it wouldn't go through.

That also means that my paypal, which was previously claimed to be accepted after much complaints, is also not accepted.

•••
I managed to add my Payoneer card to my paypal account( I previously thought paypal will decline my payoneer card because I heard they stopped accepting it), it was accepted, I did a test of $1 to friend who is also member on here, the payment went through but when I try to pay Sedo, it wouldn't go through.

That also means that my paypal, which was previously claimed to be accepted after much complaints, is also not accepted.
I think this is
Sedo's Special Restriction.

•••
I think this is
Sedo's Special Restriction.
Then why did they tell me that the paypal payment restriction has been removed?

•••
Thank goodness Bitcoin was invented to avoid all these failings by the banking elite.

•••
Then why did they tell me that the paypal payment restriction has been removed?
I think This Sedos's Special Restriction For Nigerian Right..Very Bad Restriction..Feeling So sad for you in this matter.. Really Bad Restriction..:xf.frown:

•••
thats how a scam can ruin the reputation of a whole nation

•••
Hello, just felt I should update the house that I have been able to pay for the domain name. Though I went through a lot of pain but I am glad that I have been able to pay for it and now await transfer of the domain name to me.

•••
Special thanks to Abdul Basit and Nitin who came to my rescue. God bless you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back