Dynadot

Sedo's .in auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sedo .IN Auction June 6-13
Submission Period Starts April 24!

India is currently experiencing a boom within the domain name scene. To capitalize this ever-growing trend Sedo is hosting an auction of exclusive Premium .IN names June 6-13 with the submission period April 24-May 24. Our team will be at WHD/NamesCon India promoting this special auction, increasing the selling potential of these names.

The submission process is simple and submissions are free. Want to learn more?

I was under the impression that .co.in/ .in could not be auctioned, perhaps things have changed with the apparent boom within the Indian domain name scene - Sedo's words not mine.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you - no idea what they're looking for but we have names like i10.in etc Actually not even sure what names sell in India yet. SEDO set up to send names is very confusing for this auction.

Last edited:
•••
I have 8 out of 10 premium names rejected so far, the remaining 2 are pending (Showing not for sale).

Looks like they want only premium .in at low reserve.

•••
I have 8 out of 10 premium names rejected so far, the remaining 2 are pending (Showing not for sale).

Looks like they want only premium .in at low reserve.
Hi are you paying $10 per submission>?TY

•••
•••
Submitted 2, lets see. Thanks for the heads up.

•••
Out of 15 submitted, one name approved, 4 pending, the rest rejected.

•••
Have submitted 5 premiums at what I thought were reasonable reserves. Let's see what the response is...

•••
I'm confused... At the namescon India domain auction page it says:

COSTS
An application fee of $10 is charged for each domain that is submitted. This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether a domain is accepted or denied entry into the auction. An additional commission of 15% of the highest bid is charged for a successful auction sale.

Has the fee been cancelled?

•••
I'm confused... At the namescon India domain auction page it says:

COSTS
An application fee of $10 is charged for each domain that is submitted. This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether a domain is accepted or denied entry into the auction. An additional commission of 15% of the highest bid is charged for a successful auction sale.

Has the fee been cancelled?

There are two different auctions. The online only auction has no submission fees.

•••
So far these names are approved for the auction:

big.in
color.in
arrival.in
musical.in
icu.in
cbd.in

I'm expecting more names to be approved.

•••
•••
Two more names accepted marked by *
big.in
color.in
arrival.in
musical.in
icu.in
cbd.in
html.in *
rail.in *

•••
This auction now is going to be quality one.

•••
But I don't see html/rail among auctioned names yet?

•••
•••
Hi guys, you can check out https://sedo.com/us/sedo/dotinauction/ for more info on the .IN Premium Auction. Submitting domains is free for this one.

Don't confuse the .IN Auction with the GreatDomains Auction+, which starts this Friday (and has the regular $10 USD application fee).

Good luck and happy submitting and bidding :)

•••
Hi guys, you can check out https://sedo.com/us/sedo/dotinauction/ for more info on the .IN Premium Auction. Submitting domains is free for this one.

Don't confuse the .IN Auction with the GreatDomains Auction+, which starts this Friday (and has the regular $10 USD application fee).

Good luck and happy submitting and bidding :)

Thanks. Any guidelines on duration for assessment of submitted domains? I submitted 5 domains two weeks ago and have only received feedback on one.

•••
Thanks. Any guidelines on duration for assessment of submitted domains? I submitted 5 domains two weeks ago and have only received feedback on one.

We've received an overwhelming amount of domain name submissions, so it could take a little bit longer. The submission period ends on May 24, so you'll get your feedback after that date the latest. Of course we're trying to get your domains reviewed earlier anyway.

•••
We've received an overwhelming amount of domain name submissions, so it could take a little bit longer. The submission period ends on May 24, so you'll get your feedback after that date the latest. Of course we're trying to get your domains reviewed earlier anyway.
Thank you. I thought that would be the case. It's better to take the time and do it properly

•••
I don't think they're serious. I submitted researcher.in, barristers.in, superannuation.in, ooy.in, minibus.in and others and was rejected because my domains "didn't meet quality criteria".

Now, this is interesting: Sedo.com's auto price appraisal set the price of minibus.in at $US2999 and researcher.in at $1999 - which is quite high and considered premium pricing for Sedo.com .IN pricing - yet the individual assessing submissions for the auction disagreed. He didn't think these two particular names of high enough quality to make it into the auction. Yet his colleagues accepted for the auction the two-word name spicegarden.in (reserve of up to $US499), the dictionary word "reminding.in" (also up to $499) and the domain hack
"arrival.in" (up to $US499). So where is the quality in these names? We know that India is famous for spices but would "spicegarden.in" be considered a premium name? As a matter of interest, Estibot values spicegarden.COM at $45.

So the bottom line is that Sedo.com automatically appraises two of my (rejected) domains at prices of up to 600 per cent more than the aforementioned names chosen for the .IN auction.
Where is the logic in that?

Last edited:
•••
I don't think they're serious. I submitted researcher.in, barristers.in, superannuation.in, ooy.in, minibus.in and others and was rejected because my domains "didn't meet quality criteria".

Now, this is interesting: Sedo.com's auto price appraisal set the price of minibus.in at $US2999 and researcher.in at $1999 - which is quite high and considered premium pricing for Sedo.com .IN pricing - yet the individual assessing submissions for the auction disagreed. He didn't think these two particular names of high enough quality to make it into the auction. Yet his colleagues accepted for the auction the two-word name spicegarden.in (reserve of up to $US499), the dictionary word "reminding.in" (also up to $499) and the domain hack
"arrival.in" (up to $US499). So where is the quality in these names? We know that India is famous for spices but would "spicegarden.in" be considered a premium name? As a matter of interest, Estibot values spicegarden.COM at $45.

So the bottom line is that Sedo.com automatically appraises two of my (rejected) domains at prices of up to 600 per cent more than the aforementioned names chosen for the .IN auction.
Where is the logic in that?

I think Sedo's been surprised at the submissions they've received and have tightened their selection process on the fly. Some of my rejections are also as good if not better than the earlier accepted names. @Sedo ?

•••
Hi there, thanks for the feedback and the questions!

First off, let me say that selecting domains for an auction is always tricky. It's a manual process, and since we're all human, there's always a little bit of personal experience or opinion involved, regardless of the requirements we publicly post and apply to the selection process. So to a certain degree the decision making on this is open to debate, and we recognize that.

Since we've had a very high number of submitted domains, some good domains will be left out one way or another, as it then is a pure numbers game. We can only fit so many domain in one auction.

Some domains fit better for auctions than others, so an appraisal value is just one factor that will be considered. Barrister.in is actually a quite good example of a domain that might not be the best fit for an auction. It's a great one-word domain, absolutely, so please don't think we think it's a bad domain. But, it's little bit niche and might be prone to typos. So that means for us, this domain is more likely to be of interest to an end user rather than a speculator. And end users are less likely to participate in auctions.

Also our Sales team is comparing the submissions to previous sales and auction events, looking at the current market interest and digging through sales history of similar keywords, in order to create an auction event that works well for buyers and sellers.

So please, don't be mad at us if a domain doesn't get accepted - there are so many ways you can promote your domain, and we're sure you'll find a buyer on Sedo.com., even if for now, your domain is not part of the next auction event.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

•••
Hi there, thanks for the feedback and the questions!

First off, let me say that selecting domains for an auction is always tricky. It's a manual process, and since we're all human, there's always a little bit of personal experience or opinion involved, regardless of the requirements we publicly post and apply to the selection process. So to a certain degree the decision making on this is open to debate, and we recognize that.

Since we've had a very high number of submitted domains, some good domains will be left out one way or another, as it then is a pure numbers game. We can only fit so many domain in one auction.

Some domains fit better for auctions than others, so an appraisal value is just one factor that will be considered. Barrister.in is actually a quite good example of a domain that might not be the best fit for an auction. It's a great one-word domain, absolutely, so please don't think we think it's a bad domain. But, it's little bit niche and might be prone to typos. So that means for us, this domain is more likely to be of interest to an end user rather than a speculator. And end users are less likely to participate in auctions.

Also our Sales team is comparing the submissions to previous sales and auction events, looking at the current market interest and digging through sales history of similar keywords, in order to create an auction event that works well for buyers and sellers.

So please, don't be mad at us if a domain doesn't get accepted - there are so many ways you can promote your domain, and we're sure you'll find a buyer on Sedo.com., even if for now, your domain is not part of the next auction event.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!
Thanks @Sedo for taking the time to detail some of the considerations for domain selection.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back