Domain Empire

Sedo transfer help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I recently bought a domain on sedo and have been provided with an auth code. Problem is the domain is already with my preferred registrar, and therefore the auth code is useless.

Ive written back to sedo asking for if it can just be pushed to my account, but am I missing something?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want it pushed then they'll push it.

•••
That's fine. I just suddenly thought maybe I could somehow use the auth code on the same registrar. But from sounds of it asking them to push instead is the right course of action..

I'm sure in the past when I've bought a domain via sedo it's asked for my preferred registrar up front .. But it has been years

•••
Auth code is not the same as pushing to the same registrar. Auth code is to transfer out to another registrar. Push is internal account change at the same registrar.

•••
.com ? ccTLD ?
Many ccTLDs can't be pushed so you have to perform a regular transfer even if the destination registrar is going to be the same.

•••
.com ? ccTLD ?
Many ccTLDs can't be pushed so you have to perform a regular transfer even if the destination registrar is going to be the same.
It's a net

•••
OK. Then they could have accepted a push, then push the name to you.
But it depends on one registrar to another. Some will not allow repeat push operations in a short time frame.
Since you contacted Sedo, best is to wait.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back