Dynadot

news Sedo to pitch domain names to financial investors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hmmm Interested to see what sort of response they would get from these investors.

Company heads to Dubai to tell financial investors about domain names.

If there’s one company in the domain name space that makes an effort to pitch domain names to various industries and people outside the domain business, it’s Sedo. The company attends lots of vertical conferences throughout the year to talk about domain names.

More Info here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2017/03/31/sedo-pitch-domain-names-financial-investors/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that is true
Sedo tries its best to promote domain names
to people outside the domain industry

•••
Sedo is probably the only outlet that is doing some outreach to end users. But this is an uphill battle.

•••
Definitely good to see them taking a pro-active approach - which is a lot more than we can say about so many other marketplaces

•••
Good strategy to attract investors.

•••
Pleased to read that Sedo is taking the opportunity to directly present domains as an investment strategy to thousands of investors representing " money " from around the globe.

•••
Definitely good to see them taking a pro-active approach - which is a lot more than we can say about so many other marketplaces
Yep- it is good. (y) to Sedo.
Would love to be there to see these presentations..and the reception they get.

•••
it is good if these investors buy domains from Sedo and other outlets, it is bad if the investors discover GoDaddy and Namejet Auctions:(

•••
good news, domain industry needs to become more like traditional finance, domain "exchanges" or even domain "shares" would be interesting to see develop ...

•••
A good move by SEDO, but sadly it will have potential for only premium quality domains, so only big domain players can play this game.

For traditional domainers with two+ keywords in their domains (and not so generic ones), I don't think this would be an audience they can pitch their domains to.

Your thoughts?

•••
Congrats @Sedo, nice to read that.

Eevery step / effort 'to bring domains into the circles where the money is at home', is (of course) a smart but 'logical' (and appreciated) move.

Many of the richest people on earth are arabic people.

Of course, the 'global business language' is english - but nevertheless, in this context (Dubai, UAE) I hope, you (SEDO) will implement also an arabic language version of your site in future - like you implemented a chinese version: https://sedo.com/cn
Arabic is clearly a world language and it's importance should not be underestimated - the whole 'arabic domaining world' would welcome this step.
If an arabic speaking person will see arabic SEDO offerpages, it will have a positive influence (like with every other person and it's origin language).

Last edited:
•••
A good move by SEDO, but sadly it will have potential for only premium quality domains, so only big domain players can play this game.

For traditional domainers with two+ keywords in their domains (and not so generic ones), I don't think this would be an audience they can pitch their domains to.

Your thoughts?

Ehh, I think it would trickle down. Let's say Big money came in and bought out top names. What will the people who sold those top names do now that they are flush with cash? Some of that money would come down the scale and buy out lesser names, and on and on.

If you inject more money into any part of the domain market, it should siphon through the whole market.

•••
all news ain't gud news

say these investors with dubai oil sheik type money, start bidding against you at namejet

then wat?

if they pitching individual names yeah, that's cool, but pitching the game.....

imo....

•••
Yeah, the ideal way for new money to come in is via non-investors. For example, if the public at large came to put a higher value on owning the right domain name.

•••
If they add the potential for laundering money by buying high value domain names that should attract a few high end buyers.

The Chinese sussed this one a few years ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back