IT.COM

Sedo - Should I use the verification or DNS method?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Hi there , I just joined Sedo and put 6 domains on and they have emailed me to say I need to do one of the above. I understand why of course but wondered which way was better? Pros and cons?
Any help appreciated.
KR
Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you use the DNS method, it usually only takes maybe an hour or two for your domains to be verified - then you can switch your DNS back to whatever your preference is. This is my favoured option.

•••
Thank-you Cs85, much appreciated.

•••
It's a bit unclear what you mean with "the DNS method". For both verification methods DNS is involved.

Method 1 - Most basic, this is not really a verification
Change the nameservers for your domain to ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com. This may work, but when there's another member already listing your domain on Sedo, you have to use method 2.

Method 2 - Self-verification using your 'Domain Ownership Verification ID'
Keep your registrar nameservers unchanged, but add a TXT and/or CNAME record for your domain. For this, first visit https://sedo.com/member/account_setting.php and find your personal "Domain Ownership Verification ID". Now go to the DNS settings at your registrar and add one of the following DNS records for your domain. You may even add them both if you like.

Let's say example.com is the domain you want to list at Sedo. You will then add the following records in DNS:

example.com. TXT sedo-verification-id

-- and / or --

sedo-verification-id.example.com. CNAME verify.sedo.com.​

It may take some time, but eventually you will see that your account has been verified by Sedo automatically. If you still have problems, you may contact Sedo Support.

Here's a video created by Sedo on this topic. Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
point your nameservers to Sedo BEFORE listing your domains there - it is much quicker (most times a case of a few minutes to verify)

•••
The TXT record verification method is much better.
It takes under 10 minutes in most cases, Sedo has improved the verification time, it used to take much longer.

•••
Thank you for all the replies , much appreciated. I ended up going down the DNS server option because Namecheap very kindly did it for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back