IT.COM

Sedo Verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been able to add domains to Sedo if your domain is parked somewhere else? They told me:

"The self-verification using your personal ID in the TXT record is the only option we can offer you at the moment."

But of course my domains are parked somewhere else so I don't have control of cname or txt. I find it a little crazy that they are basically telling me to go away since I can't update to public whois or update dns. So no other options? I think Sedo as a company is in trouble if this is how they treat people.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t list there for the same reasons- they make it too hard.

•••
•••
you cant change nameservers for few hours?
I never have problems with sedo, change dns, make sure resolves to them, add to sedo, verified in 10 mins usually
Must be a reason for say you only have 1 option. What registrar?

•••
In my experience just add domains to sedo, change NS NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM, just for verification. After approved you can change NS your domain to NS parking every where.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
I have added names to sedo, without changing ns to their servers many times.

imo...

•••
Has anyone been able to add domains to Sedo if your domain is parked somewhere else? They told me:

"The self-verification using your personal ID in the TXT record is the only option we can offer you at the moment."

But of course my domains are parked somewhere else so I don't have control of cname or txt. I find it a little crazy that they are basically telling me to go away since I can't update to public whois or update dns. So no other options? I think Sedo as a company is in trouble if this is how they treat people.
If your nameservers are pointing elsewhere, other that what your registrar uses, then you don't have control over your dns. So there is no way for Sedo to verify whether or not you own the domain.

So yes, you can have your domains parked somewhere other than Sedo, but you need to be able to access the domains dns, so's to edit TXT record. Just do as Wolf suggested if it's possible.

On some my domains, I use my own custom landers and Escrow BIN buttons, while also playing nicely with the Sedo platform.

•••
Yes, Sedo nameservers are enough if the domain doesn't exist in another account of previous registrant...
+ some registrars use Sedo as parking backend for their expires - so in this case it already exists on Sedo as well.

•••
Thank you all for the quick responses! My issue with "just setting the dns" is that I have 700+ domains spread across 8ish registrars and a few have websites so I can't change the dns for all.

I will read through the above suggestions and will reply with which option I went with. Thanks again!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back