IT.COM

SEDO parking related questions

NameSilo
Watch

vikki88

Established Member
Impact
  • Can you have more than one master keywords?
  • How do you set regional keywords ? (is it neccesary ?)
  • Which parking layout do you choose ? (Currently I have kept mine at Auto-select)
  • Do you choose master keywords related to you domain, or do you even add other keywords related to the domain just to get traffic ?
Any other tips or tricks in sedo parking would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Setting one very premium domain as parked, and redirect other low cost domains to it. It gets high CPC.

•••
Hi Vikki88,

Thanks for your post.

The Master Category is the most important and should be closely-related to the domain, the domain will appear in this category in the Domain Catalogue. It enables buyers to easily locate your domain based on an industry or area of interest through browsing and search . It increases your chances of receiving offers and selling, it can improve your parking click-through rate (CTR) with targeted automatic Related Links/Popular Searches and helps to make parking auto-optimization more effective, more reliable, and more lucrative.

You are only able to select one master keyword, the master keyword helps our advertising partners decide which ads to place on parked domains. You should update the master keyword within 'parking optimisation' in your domain management, the advertising partners will then please more relevant ads, on the parked page. To update please do as so:

1. Login to your account
2. Go to My Sedo > My Domains
3. Change your view from 'standard overview' to 'parking optimisation'
5. Select the domain name
6. Select the Master Keyword change and confirm.

In addition to the Master Category you can select two additional categories for each domain listed with Sedo. Completing these are optional, we have added 3 categories to maximise visibility of the domains in Sedo’s Domain Catalog (Online Marketplace). These categories play an integral role in helping you sell your domain faster and potentially earning more revenue from Sedo's our Parking Program.

Any keyword you enter for your parked domain must be relevant to the term in the domain name. This will help ensure the most relevant advertisements are displayed on your parked page which will result in more clicks for you. Visitors don't generally click on links unrelated to the domain name as it is not what they are looking for. We recommend using specific keywords to deliver the most relevant content (e.g. "stock investment advice" instead of "investing").

When setting keywords, please note that the following:

Keywords/keyword phrases should be separated by a comma.
Our advertising partner will not accept more than 4 keywords/keyword phrases.
Maximum length of the keyword string is 100 characters.
Adult keywords should not be used on non-adult domains and vice versa.

Our internal testing results show that following the above guidelines increases the CTR, CPC and RPM for parked domains.

Relevancy is the most important factor when setting keywords to ensure that the ads are converting well for the advertisers, which in turn leads to advertisers spending higher CPCs (cost per click), which benefits you at the end of the day.

Regional Keywords overwrite the Master Keyword for visitors from a specific region. You can set the Regional Keywords under the Keywords tab on the Domain Details page for the Top 6 traffic regions.

To open the Domain Details page, simply click on a domain from Domain Management or Parking Reporting and a new tab will open.

All the best
Chris

•••
Thankyou so much

Last edited:
•••
Hi Vikki88,

Thanks for your post.

The Master Category is the most important and should be closely-related to the domain, the domain will appear in this category in the Domain Catalogue. It enables buyers to easily locate your domain based on an industry or area of interest through browsing and search . It increases your chances of receiving offers and selling, it can improve your parking click-through rate (CTR) with targeted automatic Related Links/Popular Searches and helps to make parking auto-optimization more effective, more reliable, and more lucrative.

You are only able to select one master keyword, the master keyword helps our advertising partners decide which ads to place on parked domains. You should update the master keyword within 'parking optimisation' in your domain management, the advertising partners will then please more relevant ads, on the parked page. To update please do as so:

1. Login to your account
2. Go to My Sedo > My Domains
3. Change your view from 'standard overview' to 'parking optimisation'
5. Select the domain name
6. Select the Master Keyword change and confirm.

In addition to the Master Category you can select two additional categories for each domain listed with Sedo. Completing these are optional, we have added 3 categories to maximise visibility of the domains in Sedo’s Domain Catalog (Online Marketplace). These categories play an integral role in helping you sell your domain faster and potentially earning more revenue from Sedo's our Parking Program.

Any keyword you enter for your parked domain must be relevant to the term in the domain name. This will help ensure the most relevant advertisements are displayed on your parked page which will result in more clicks for you. Visitors don't generally click on links unrelated to the domain name as it is not what they are looking for. We recommend using specific keywords to deliver the most relevant content (e.g. "stock investment advice" instead of "investing").

When setting keywords, please note that the following:

Keywords/keyword phrases should be separated by a comma.
Our advertising partner will not accept more than 4 keywords/keyword phrases.
Maximum length of the keyword string is 100 characters.
Adult keywords should not be used on non-adult domains and vice versa.

Our internal testing results show that following the above guidelines increases the CTR, CPC and RPM for parked domains.

Relevancy is the most important factor when setting keywords to ensure that the ads are converting well for the advertisers, which in turn leads to advertisers spending higher CPCs (cost per click), which benefits you at the end of the day.

Regional Keywords overwrite the Master Keyword for visitors from a specific region. You can set the Regional Keywords under the Keywords tab on the Domain Details page for the Top 6 traffic regions.

To open the Domain Details page, simply click on a domain from Domain Management or Parking Reporting and a new tab will open.

All the best
Chris
Hey Chris,
So glad I read this. I am doing ok with Sedo parking. I'm not sure about those saying it does not pay. I see that it is in fact paying off. However, I had one site getting very good revenue for a couple of days and then it just stopped completely. Can you help me explain why that may have happened and what I can do to get it earning again?

You say that your advertisers will not accept more than four keywords. Is this just for the master keyword section or does this apply to the related links (which I believe is a keyword section) and the regional keyword section too?

Which related links option is most optimal? The choices are automatic, manual, and off? Which layout option would you recommend creating good parking revenue and to showcase the domain for sale? I noticed that the web page elements can be set to active or deleted...what is that about?

Thank you kindly in advance for any help with this. I would love to craft an optimal outcome!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back