IT.COM

Sedo Parked or your own Site for AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I own collectairmiles.com

I used to have the domain parked at sedo and made more per click that hosting my own site with it. I figured by building my own site I would cut out the middle man.

I am making less money per day on my own site with adsense than at Sedo? What gives?

I get about 100 visits per day with a 20% click rate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo probably had a different keyword being picked up by Adsense for your Sedo parked site, while Google is probably finding different keywords on your self-created page.
Feel free to play around and try to get the same ads to appear on your self-created page by changing the layout and text content of your page in order to get a higher CPC.
-Allan :gl:

•••
I dont think you really can compare. Even if sedo outdo you know - You should think long term. Your own parked site will hit the search engines and your traffic volume will go up.

Your click through and revenue even might be better fo rnow at sedo since visitors dont have anywhere to go - so they click on the interesting looking ad to escape the parked page. Hang in there. Your click through wont get any better but your traffci should improve over time - espceailly if you do a few things.

I really like your own parking site. You might want to consider having a few lins that are not ads so you provide some service. For instance a link to all major airlines. That way you may get repeat visitors.

Good job and good luck. I am thinking about doing more self parking. Your site motivates me. Where and what do you pay for hosting your mini site..?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back