Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

SEDO or NAMEDRIVE ??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

jeet_020

Established Member
Impact
38
i hearsd abt namedrive they also offer good revenue for domains park over there...


well...somebody go there and and reply me what is the bet site between this two ..




thnks

--jeet
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Thanks for the posts. I will be looking to move some or all of my ~150 domains to ND. I will give it a month or two trial and see how things go. Things at Sedo have been SLOW....
 
1
•••
Definately give NameDrive a go, you won't regret it. I am getting lots of $0.75 - $2.00 clicks however you shouldn't expect that. Different keywords, different pay.

The optimization is really good, and you get to see what your users are searching for which helps in the optimization a lot!

One thing I hope NameDrive adds is more template styles for better optimization (like Skenzo)..

Cheers :tu:
 
1
•••
Thanks nice information !!!
 
0
•••
Namedrive pays on time and well, no fees on paypal transfer from them !
 
1
•••
diddie said:
Namedrive pays on time and well, no fees on paypal transfer from them !
True! Just received PayPal pymt for 60+ domains approx. 5 weeks of$84.00.
Sedo? Last 3 months,5 domains remaining, about$1.50 total revenue, MAYBE 1/3 the uniques/hits...and clickthru is <1% @sedo, close to 1.5% @NameDrive!

No Contest, long live ND! :imho:
 
0
•••
tough question to ask ...

i would'nt really go with SEDO, either Google, or Namedrive :) i m satisfied with them ... Sedo doesnot record every single oen of your visits ... i hate that
 
0
•••
After some testing i got to a conclusion, that the only domains that work better at Sedo are casino related. ND is quite poor on these names, giving 0,1-0,2$.
 
0
•••
Hi buddy,

Again welcome to this happy place = )
Great Post!

kind regards,

Faizal



NameDriver said:
Hi there,

This is my first post on NP. I was referred here by Faisj who said that quality of the forum and its members is higher here than anywhere else, so I thought I'd have a look. This seems to be the most sensible place to start.

My name is Ed Russell. I'm President of NameDrive (among other less glamourous things). We are still a small company (6 employees) but rapidly-growing since launch in September. We syndicate Google ads on our parked pages.

It seems there are a lot of happy people on here as far as revenue goes, but just to clear some things up:

- We display revenue exactly as it is given to us by Google (less our very small share). If your domain gets a $5 click, you see that in your account. Unfortunately, this has the downside that, as we don't ever subsidize clicks, you can get lower clicks in some cases.

- As we show real earning statistics, there is a 36-48 hour delay in revenue reporting from when the click was made to when we display the actual value. Until the clicks have been updated, we display a generic click value ($0.11 US, $0.10 Europe, $0.03 Asia etc). We have chosen these conservatively so that the earnings will hopefully always go up after the update.

- We are constantly changing and aiming to improve. From launch in September to now, the system has changed so much that it is barely recognisable. This is the fastest-moving industry in the world and we want to reflect that.

- The fact is that no parking company is best for all domains for all people. Sadly. Even between companies such as DS, Sedo and ourselves who all have Google feeds, the results can vary wildly. The best strategy is to test, compare, move on. Leave your domains where they do best. That's how you make most money. Never tie yourself down to one program. We have seen results that go from extreme cases where we are forty times better than another PPC company! Though this is sadly not the norm and some people will naturally earn less but even people who are not 'fans' of us secretly leave some names which do better with us where they are!

- Sales. Parking with us doesn't mean you can't sell your domains with us. If you set your domain 'for sale' in your account, a link appears on your domain through which people can make an offer on your domain - with no commission charged. Not only that, but you can even have a custom link that goes directly to your own sales page. Have a look at www.boxedset.co.uk. The link goes to the owner's own sales page for that exact domain. Email or PM me if you'd like to set it up. Listing domains for sale on Sedo makes 100% sesne as it is the world's #1 domain market place - even I do. But parking them elsewhere doesn't necessarily lower your chances of selling as most offers come via your parked pages anyway. Always make sure you use an Escrow agent though, such as escrow.com or Sedo.

Some points from this thread:


True, we were 5 days late on our first two months' payments. Even Domain Sponsor have only been paying 'on time for 2 years'. What about their first year? Our next Payout date is next Thursday and we're on track to get everything done on time. A parking company's cash flow is not optimum - having to keep customers happy while waiting on payments from the Goog, but we've sorted out our early teething problems.

More traffic than other programs:
We only count uniques, but uniques are counted differently everywhere you go. Sedo is known for being to the conservative side of the middle, we are somewhere in the middle. We don't do SEO - no parking company is allowed to, but probably have the advantage of being smaller than Sedo and somewhat under Google's radar. The drop off in traffic probably has something to do with newly-parked names appearing higher up in Google and then dropping off.
We absolutely show uniques and not hits.



No thank you. Traffic should not be driven to parked sites. Parked sites should have inherent type-in or existing search engine traffic. We do not encourage our users to fabricate, drive or manipulate traffic in any way. If you have any questions about what is and what isn't allowed - though I think this is quite clear - feel free to PM or email me.

So, summing up. Much as I would love to, I cannot claim that we will earn you massive amounts more than any other parking company, but I can almost guarantee you that a percentage of your domains will do better with us than elsewhere, just as a percentage of your domains will most likely do worse with us than elsewhere. We can only hope that he first percentage is bigger than the second :)
You can contact me by email at [email protected] or PM if you have any specific questions or comments.

I've tried to keep this informative rather than promotional as I don't like to blow our own trumpet. We're happy to let satisfied people do that for us :) I'm sure there are also non-promotion rules and I've read over my post to check it's OK.

If you ever have any questions, you can always contact me directly. I have 5 or 6 forums to check up on, so if you post on here, I may take a while to get back, but I always will evenutally.

I look forward to hearing from you and working with you.

Ed

Sorry for the length of the post. Tried to sum up 3 months' energy in one post.
 
0
•••
tetrapak said:
After some testing i got to a conclusion, that the only domains that work better at Sedo are casino related. ND is quite poor on these names, giving 0,1-0,2$.
I have had casino/poker clicks up to about $2 at ND. Sedo was only getting my $.10.
 
0
•••
Hm, i have just the opposite experience, strange, i guess it has something to do with the keywords
 
0
•••
and it depends of advertisers bids too, previous month i had $0.56 clicks for a domain, now only $0.02
 
0
•••
tetrapak said:
Hm, i have just the opposite experience, strange, i guess it has something to do with the keywords
I also probably has something to do with which of the ads on the page someone clicks on. Correct me if I am mistakes, but I believe the ads higher up in the page are worth more than the ones towards the bottom.
 
0
•••
Well I moved about 150 domains to Name Drive. I've got to say the number of uniques I am recieving on them is well up from Sedo, however earnings are down with one exception my .be's.

I advise everyone to at least test their .be domains at Name Drive.
 
0
•••
I think its maybe time for me too to check out ND as there appears to be little action on domainspa after testing (though nice landing page) and sedo just bumps along with a little here and there, plus afternic optimization is rather poor......
 
0
•••
Well I received three offers on domains I have parked at NameDrive this week. :D

OK, they are not binding offers, but at least NameDrive insist that the enquirer fills in his email and telephone number and phone number, then forward it directly to you.

This has the advantage that you can check out the players you are dealing with, unlike on Sedo where you have no idea if the player is a domain wholesaler or a rich multinational enduser company.

I also think NameDrives system of forwarding enquiries to you without the enquirer being bound to make an offer will bring more interest with your domains.
 
0
•••
I have 500+ names - vast majority at sedo...currently

So far I have tried:

Goldkey - hated them
Sedo - low pay, low conversion, low traffic
DomainSpa - too many "rejected" clicks from a long list of prohibited countries
NameDrive - pretty happy so far - right off the bat I received higher stats and clicks and click revenue...Nicer landing pages (though DomainSpa has the nicest imo, but the pop ups are spammy)...I am piloting their program with 50+ names (10% portfolio) to see how they perform.

I will say that my decision to move away from Sedo will be just as much based on their relationship with 1and1.com (<-- devil) as it will be with revenue...I just cannot do business with any form of 1and1.com...

Sedo and 1and1.com are the same
 
1
•••
well done dominic...I have just parked a few names with ND today and the parking pages look quite respectable compared to the lazy haphazard links of sedo and afternic. I think that a significant number of NP domainers are looking for a decent default parking service of choice in place of sedo and this one might be it.....
 
0
•••
I am also getting massive traffic and clicks on my .co.ve and .com.ve domains at name drive.

Unfortunately the average click is only paying a couple of cents but thats fine with me when I'm getting a few thousand clicks a month.
 
1
•••
My clicks have gone through the roof in the past 3 days at ND. Not sure if spring is in the air and people feel like clicking more, but I have been impressed with my CTRs in the last couple of days...
 
0
•••
I just moved ten domains from Sedo to NameDrive. The site seems a little harder to figure out than Sedo, but I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. If I see better results on NameDrive I will move over some more.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back