NameSilo

SEDO or NAMEDRIVE ??

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i hearsd abt namedrive they also offer good revenue for domains park over there...

well...somebody go there and and reply me what is the bet site between this two ..

thnks

--jeet

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have 500+ names - vast majority at sedo...currently

So far I have tried:

Goldkey - hated them
Sedo - low pay, low conversion, low traffic
DomainSpa - too many "rejected" clicks from a long list of prohibited countries
NameDrive - pretty happy so far - right off the bat I received higher stats and clicks and click revenue...Nicer landing pages (though DomainSpa has the nicest imo, but the pop ups are spammy)...I am piloting their program with 50+ names (10% portfolio) to see how they perform.

I will say that my decision to move away from Sedo will be just as much based on their relationship with 1and1.com (<-- devil) as it will be with revenue...I just cannot do business with any form of 1and1.com...

Sedo and 1and1.com are the same

•••
well done dominic...I have just parked a few names with ND today and the parking pages look quite respectable compared to the lazy haphazard links of sedo and afternic. I think that a significant number of NP domainers are looking for a decent default parking service of choice in place of sedo and this one might be it.....

•••
I am also getting massive traffic and clicks on my .co.ve and .com.ve domains at name drive.

Unfortunately the average click is only paying a couple of cents but thats fine with me when I'm getting a few thousand clicks a month.

•••
My clicks have gone through the roof in the past 3 days at ND. Not sure if spring is in the air and people feel like clicking more, but I have been impressed with my CTRs in the last couple of days...

•••
I just moved ten domains from Sedo to NameDrive. The site seems a little harder to figure out than Sedo, but I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. If I see better results on NameDrive I will move over some more.

•••
I to have been rather unhappy with Sedo of late so I have decided to move 10 names to namedrive and see what happens. If I am happy, will move the rest.

•••
Sedo has been completely ripping me off.. after reading all these posts I think I'll give ND a shot

•••
Well, i guess ill have to go to ND as well, thanks for the information guys!

•••
i moved some of my domains to ND from SEDO after a huge drop of PPC
and i like ND much more so i reparked all my domains to ND

what i like about ND is that they have affiliate program

so if some one will be parkin thier domanis in ND use my Affiliate/referral links aren't allowed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I'm liking Namedrive much more than Sedo. Much easier to see your stats etc.

Just trying to figure out the best keywords ...

•••
camelleon said:
i
what i like about ND is that they have affiliate program

:)

In fairness to Sedo they too have an affiliate programme :)

•••
I was turned down for Sedo Pro, and Sedo Plain's traffic just didn't seem right.

I mean, I have over 600 domains, even if they were crappy names, statistically, people falling on their keyboards should have produced more hits than sedo was accounting for!

My first few weeks with ND most of my domains that had sat with the "parked?" link at sedo now had traffic and hits. Its a shame that I waited so long to try them, because many re-regs are coming up.

A couple of points:
You will get more .02 clicks at ND, but you will also get .30 plus.

I think sedo does some kind of averaging, because I got many .10 clicks on domains that are .02 at ND. However, I get 1.00++ on some domains that were IMO averaged down to .10.

I use the overall average to compare. ND is at .10 and sedo hovers around .075.

I also like the folder organization at ND.

•••
lextalionis said:
...statistically, people falling on their keyboards should have produced more hits than sedo was accounting for!

ROFL! That's one of the funniest things I've read all day.

I haven't tried ND myself, but Fabulous.com is by far the best of all the services I have tried. Earnings tripled just by moving from Sedo to Fab.

•••
My clicks at ND have not been auto-correcting in the past couple of days (all clicks are at the standard .11 cents for USA clicks). Anyone else having this same problem?

•••
All of my clicks are either $0.08 or $0.11. I echo previous comments that some names with the "parked?" moniker of doom at sedo are now receiving traffic and at least a click or two...

BTW...I just crossed the $20 mark after several months with sedo...I will leave the pocket change with them when I go.

•••
I like Sedo in general. Nice sytem and courteous staff plus i think probably the best set of "buyers" which is what its all about for me.

That said, until they fix their search to allow 2 letter and/or 2 number searches, i have to move my "3G" portfolio so looks like ND will be the place :D

Informative thread...thanks.

Simsi

•••
movingconcierge said:
Goldkey - hated them
Sedo - low pay, low conversion, low traffic
DomainSpa - too many "rejected" clicks from a long list of prohibited countries
NameDrive - pretty happy so far - right off the bat I received higher stats and clicks and click revenue...Nicer landing pages (though DomainSpa has the nicest imo, but the pop ups are spammy)...I am piloting their program with 50+ names (10% portfolio) to see how they perform.

concur

I really Like domain hops template selection and that they feature your other related domains but traffic and payouts are bad.

Namedrive all the way. Sedo for serious domain sales type domains.... adn some international typo domains - the rest NAME DRIVE!!!

•••
Sedo I made I think 2-3 dollars in about 4 months... went to namedrive and quadripledoopled that in like a couple of days on the same domains.

I think sedo is great for selling domains, not parking them.

•••
ponyone said:
... went to namedrive and quadripledoopled that in like a couple of days on the same domains
pardon my ignorance...
how many times is that exactly and over how many days??...

('cos mine is doing about the same at sedo.....)

cheers

•••
In fairness to Sedo they too have an affiliate programme
well, i didnt even notice that :P ...

At sedo PPC droped down to .02E so after two months i packed my domains and moved to ND its not much higher but i get some cliks for 0.50$+

traffic they show is pretty much the same

•••
I have tried both with many of my domains (not premium, but okay), and have received little benefits from these programs.

•••
jj2ii3344 said:
....and have received little benefits from these programs.
same here.. :(

•••
after moving all my domains from sedo to ND.. In 24 hours my revenue is up.. however still no clicks for my gambling domains.. still early but quite promising..

•••
Well I have moved about 50 to ND to test and will let you know of any changes. :)

•••
one more thing, i notice also that views are up 100 percent

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back